Nnamdi Ofoborh

A medical like an M.O.T. is indicative of how thing are/were at that time,same as exams you pass,but within minutes anything can happen to change things.
Like all others on here I wish the boy well and hope it is only a temporary blip.

Good we caught it early and lets hope it's nothing major and he can get back to playing football in the coming months. All the best Nnamdi.

Last edited:
Am I right in saying this is something that will need to be monitored and will not have a bearing on his career unless something happens?
It is something a lot of people have and live with, right?
Connor Goldson has it as does Scott Allan, Daley Blind at Ajax, obviously Eriksen is going through similar.
Obviously it depends on the severity. Doesn't mean he can't have a full career, although all being well it will be still be some time before he's playing again.

Yeah good luck to him and hopefully we see him in a Rangers jersey once all sorted out.

The main thing is the issue has been found before anything serious happening.

Not good for the boy but hopefully the club will help him get it sorted ASAP and we can see him in a Gers strip soon.

Problems like this have to be identified. SG credits our excellent medical staff for finding it. Shows what a sound investment it is for football clubs to thoroughly assess their players health. This could have been one of those heart issues that are overlooked, and people only find out after a tragedy on the pitch.
Best wishes to Nnamdi, may he recover to be stronger than he's ever been before.

I will just echo what other posters have said. So glad the medical staff have managed to flag this issue up. Hope to God the lad is OK and can go on to have a successful career.

All the best Nnamdi hopefully you can now be looked after and protected in the best way possible kid.

Goldson will mentor him and hopefully he will have a great career.

Good post. If anyone knows how to live with these conditions its our Champion Connor. Hopefully he can be a rock for young Nnamdi to lean on and take strength from.

Kid looks an absolute unit let's hope we can see the lad become a Legend by being part of 56!!

And this is not a slant on Bournemouth F.C but I would like to think this is down to the top class medical department we have at our club right now.

Everything we do right now is top class. Players should feel totally looked after at Rangers what a club we have.

Maybe it wasnt an issue at his medical? These things can happen due to a virus etc.
Myocarditis is a very rare side effect from some of the current treatments, too. It particularly affects young men (18-24).

It's probably something he's had his whole life but odd it popped up after the medical (if it did?). I doubt we'd sign him if it was present during it but that may be cynical given we don't know the extent of anything.

I'm quite surprised that this has come from a Gerrard post match interview you'd expect the club to tweet in support of him beforehand

Horrible news.
Hopefully not a long term issue and we'll see him in our colours before too long.

All the best big man

Crying shame for the boy but health is wealth and nothing else matters be strong Nmandi and we’ll see you when you’re ready.

Was a dreadful moment hearing it, even the RTV hosts had to try get composed for a few seconds.

All the very best to nnamdi.

I'm glad that our great medical staff have seen this quickly and that he gets the best treatment possible, might be minor ( I really hope so ) might not be but all that matters is he is in good hands.
Best thing for someone’s health is always more important than their career. No doubt he’s in the best possible hands now and it can be managed so that he can end up enjoying an excellent career

Wishing Nnamdi the best for his diagnosis and whatever associated treatment is required.

In terms of a football club doctor, it seems he couldn't be in better hands than those of Mark Waller.

A fantastic track record has Dr Waller (read the bit about Gerard Houllier)...

Thankfully it’s been identified before any harm was done.

Good luck to the lad. And he’ll be well looked after.

Flagged up early, he's in the best of care. Our team of medics will care for him.

Speedy recovery lad.

Would have thought this might have come out sooner.

Obviously a major concern for the bloke. Let’s hope he comes through unscathed and can get back to playing football.

I think that's the earliest I've seen these issues caught.

Hope he comes through his heart issues and gets off to a flyer just like big Goldson.

I'm not saying he has all the answers, but @MearnsUnionist is pretty clued up on these type of things

When I was with the National Triathlon Squad, we were checked for this every year, at the National Institute of Sport Centre at Stirling.
None of the UK Triathletes I trained with ever had an issue, so I've no experience of anyone failing the test.

I know talking to the medical team up there, that a lot of football teams were never checked out then.
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of pro football teams now get their players checked on an annual basis.

Even though I no longer compete in triathlon and just middle distance runnimg, I still get checked out every year.

Thank god this was discovered and hopefully Nnamdi can still have a healthy and successful career.

When I was with the National Triathlon Squad, we were checked for this every year, at the National Institute of Sport Centre at Stirling.
None of the UK Triathletes I trained with ever had an issue, so I've no experience of anyone failing the test.

I know talking to the medical team up there, that a lot of football teams were never checked out then.
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of pro football teams now get their players checked on an annual basis.

Even though I no longer compete in triathlon and just middle distance runnimg, I still get checked out every year.

Thank god this was discovered and hopefully Nnamdi can still have a healthy and successful career.
Is this the same thing that big Hugo Ehogui had mate ? I still remember being stunned that such a specimen of fitness with zero fat on him passed away the way he did . Tragic .

Cheers mate, what I meant was that the young guys career isn't necessarily over. There's possibly measures that can ensure he could be a professional footballer.

It’s probably an arrhythmia that wasn’t occurring when he had his medical ecg. The suggestion that this Rangers organisation wouldn’t operate to best practice standards with medicals is ridiculous.
I didn’t suggest that I said it’s scary it wasn’t picked up.

Is this the same thing that big Hugo Ehogui had mate ? I still remember being stunned that such a specimen of fitness with zero fat on him passed away the way he did . Tragic .

I honestly don't know tbh mate.

Cheers mate, what I meant was that the young guys career isn't necessarily over. There's possibly measures that can ensure he could be a professional footballer.

Thankfully because it's been flagged up early, he definitely can mate.

He has came to the club slightly under the radar but I've got a feeling this guy is going to be fantastic. The last signing we got that had a heart issue has been nay bad.

You will come through this son, missing a few months of your career is a small price for your well-being. Credit to the guys who found the issue as well

Shocked when I heard Gerrard mention the lads medical issue today. You assume a new signing would have had a stringent medical and this would show up. Thank goodness they spotted it and the young lad gets the treatment he requires. Modern medicine is amazing, so fingers crossed .

How was that not picked up in his medical? Scary he passed a medical and had they not done a pre season check it might not have been found with potentially horrible outcome. Sincerely hope the lad is fine.
Doesn’t always present

Shame for the lad and hope it's something minor that can be treated and let him get on with his career. It is good that is has been spotted but a little worrying it had not been spotted before now, whether than be before signing for Rangers or at one of the other clubs he has been at.

May not be same issue but Im sure Daly Blind had a heart issue and he has a mini defib fitted and he still plays. As I say may be a totally different issue but at end of day all that matters is the boys health

Such a shame for the young man for this to come to light, but also good it has so it can be dealt with and hopefully doesn’t hamper his career.

Back