Real Madrid Tickets

Got lucky in the ballot, as did my dad. How do we get tickets together though? Or is this not possible?

Can’t select two tickets and can only select for a certain section of the ground.
You and your dad need to be in a friends and family group.
You then try and buy two tickets,anywhere that has two together,then allocate the second ticket to your dad by selecting his name (if it is you that is logged in).
Update basket and checkout.
(This is how it should work,but there seems to be some issues).
Keep trying and good luck

Should be pinned. The way some of us talk to each other when we disagree is brutal at times. No need to get nasty. I doubt most of it would ever be said face to face.
I agree wholeheartedly, would say that this is for the Admin Team to tighten up on, there are quite a few posters who when not agreeing with another Posters opinion resort to insults and defamation of character, I'm no shrinking violet but the abuse at times is despicable.

Hit the underside of the bar...tried for ages and it’s the Brighton game just for info mate...to further explain my exasperated state. The ticket office have made many a %^*& up over the years, but this is without doubt their worst...yet! I’ll keep trying mate...no surrender and all that!
Is it finding an available seat that's giving you grief bud? Seems to be happening to a lot of folk and something that should be easily rectified by them removing sections that are unavailable. It's a massive balls up overall and on umpteen levels to be honest.

Folk waiting an hour to get on the site then can't even go through a simple purchase process because it's such a shite system. Best of luck.

The club is in the best position it's been for about 15 years yet all we hear is constant moaning form fans who think they should get what they want when they want it. It's extremely childish.
It's not like this COVID issue has just hit us suddenly.

Why have a sign up for friendlies option when you have no intention of implementing it?
9,000 fans committed to it and almost 9,000 are fucked over as a thank you.

It was basically their chance to say "see what you can get if you sign up for friendlies".
Instead, I and many, many others will not be signing up in future.
A massive own goal.
You're an absolute disgrace on this one, Rangers.
It's going to be a second string side, I got a ticket for it but honestly don't see the big deal, I'm looking forward to being back at the ground more than seeing Real reserves.

The big deal is those who signed up to Friendlies not getting tickets while those who didn't are getting tickets.
You have your ticket,so it's not a big deal for you.

Would have been so much better if they'd just shown a stadium planner with available seats to select from, rather than working through the stands and sections on a hit-and-hope basis.

Incredibly frustrating. At very least grey-out or remove sections/stands that have sold out FFS.
Honestly mate, we need to shout very loudly on this one or it will never improve!

Just been sent the email telling me I have been successful in the Madrid ballot. Strangely enough I'm in Spain and can't go! Clicked on the link to buy it for my son, can't find it anywhere? I will try the link on the laptop later.

The club is in the best position it's been for about 15 years yet all we hear is constant moaning form fans who think they should get what they want when they want it. It's extremely childish.

You think people like me who expressly signed up for friendlies and didn’t get a Madrid ticket while people who didn’t sign up got one should just suck it up in the name of staunchness?

Honestly mate, we need to shout very loudly on this one or it will never improve!
To be fair to the club - this is an issue that hopefully within the next 4 weeks we will never have again

They've had 16 months to come up with a plan for reduced capacities and if there is a morsel of positivity to take, at least it's "only" friendlies and not competitive games...

But they need to learn from this sharpish, particularly in the event Malmo/Helsinki is still restricted capacity

Absolutely not

That should be the straight ballot between STH's that the club have already said it'll be

Regardless of the mess they've created over this, no-one signs up to have extra priority to the league games with their season ticket

What will be interesting though is the UCL game in the event it's not a full crowd.

How many are on the ALL NON SEASON TICKET HOME GAMES scheme?
Usually around 25k on the non ST home game scheme.
Wonder if my 8 year old daughter will get a Livi ticket instead of me?
The club really need to own up and make statement, been a long time since I have seen a farce like this over tickets on this scale and get the Livi ballot done this week!

To be fair to the club - this is an issue that hopefully within the next 4 weeks we will never have again

They've had 16 months to come up with a plan for reduced capacities and if there is a morsel of positivity to take, at least it's "only" friendlies and not competitive games...

But they need to learn from this sharpish, particularly in the event Malmo/Helsinki is still restricted capacity
They’ll have an issue next year when friendlies cccs membership numbers are down on the back of this

They can go fuck themselves, won’t be signing up

Something about a 2 requirement that is also there

I emailed the TO last night and have followed up this morning.
See my post mate:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/real-madrid-ticket-email-out.170760/page-14#post-9278621

If you check this in your account purchase history it'll tell you if it's RM or Brighton. If you have "2 Requirement" in that line, then you can buy 1 ticket for the Madrid game.

If you have "1 Requirement" then you can buy one ticket for Brighton.

You then have to select a seat via the drop downs (this is proving a problem due to lack of availability for a lot of folk). Then you have to go through the purchase process, putting in card details, etc to complete.

Once complete, you get an email confirmation with a QR code that is your ticket to enter on the day.

Got a Brighton ticket but can’t make it so haven’t purchased one. I ticked the box for friendlies.

Just been sent the email telling me I have been successful in the Madrid ballot. Strangely enough I'm in Spain and can't go! Clicked on the link to buy it for my son, can't find it anywhere? I will try the link on the laptop later.

You might need to be logged into the website already - I log in and then click the link. Seems to work.

The big deal is those who signed up to Friendlies not getting tickets while those who didn't are getting tickets.
You have your ticket,so it's not a big deal for you.

I’m talking about the big deal being made about playing Real Madrid second string, I thought that was pretty clear, obviously not.

Why would a Rangers ‘fan’ make statements to discourage people putting money into our club by whatever means (MyGers, share issue, ST, picture wall, kit, museum membership etc). All finance is needed to grow and improve year on year.
I’m a MyGers member I joined because I attend every away game I get a ticket for but I’m entitled to my opinion and I think it’s a cynical cash grab

Tickets for the Real Madrid game aren't the star prize that people seem to think. The players that were involved in the Euros and Copa America won't be coming - some 11 players. It'll be very much a second string team that Real are sending.

They could field an 11 of backroom staff, cooks and cleaners.

i’ve waited all my life to see Real Madrid play my club at Ibrox. It will be special to see that jersey on the park regardless

I opted this season not to tick the friendlies box.
I decided before when I was shuffled out of my seat last time to a pretty shitty one that I'd opt out and just pay as I go for friendlies rather than being allocated a seat when CD was closed.
I can't complain about missing out.

I do believe though that every single fan who ticked for home friendlies should have been the priority for the 'home friendlies'. Those who never should only have gotten a chance at any left over tickets. Yes I know none of us have been there for a long time but we all had the chance to tick that box. Those who commited not knowing if it was Margate or Madrid should be looked after.

Those missing out have every right to feel let down. If I had ticked and had missed out to a non friendlies selected punter.....my name would never go onto that home friendlies list again.

Last edited:

I don't think it's that simple to be honest.

It's not just the tick box aspect that's a problem. It's how they've allowed the system to allocate tickets to unaccompanied juveniles. It's how the actual website and messaging is far from intuitive. It's how finding an available seat is proving nigh on impossible for some folk via a turgidly laborious process. It's how they'll handle balloting in general in future around some of these things - and also how they handle comms when fans point out issues and seek clarity on it.

FFS, even the "1 Requirement"/"2 Requirement" thing. That's clearly a text value to represnt which match allocated. Why the fck could they not have the tags be more clear? ie 1x Brighton Ballot, 1x Real Madrid Ballot? It's clearly confusing the fck out of people.

Even better why not have the matches shown as available to you are only the ones you can purchase? Button greyed out on games your account is not eligible for?

To be fair to the club?? Real Madrid friendlies only happen once in a very very blue moon, learning from it sharpish isnt going to appease us when its back to tranmere, wigan etc next year. This needs resolved now which i know wont but i do t get this ‘ to be fair to the club ‘ stuff. There is nothing fair towards the friendlies cccs squad. The club deserve every bit of grief coming their way on this. The TO has been open a few hours now and still not a peep and as usually happens when things go pete tong The SLO has went underground also. Usual from the usual

Let's not forget about when they decided to announced on a Friday night that the money to renew your mygers membership would be coming out of your account on Monday - I mean ffs they had an entire year to plan that out, and they decided to give us 2 days notice over a weekend? That's not to mention that the memberships started in June last year, but were renewed in March this year, so how on Earth could any supporter have seen that coming?

They are complete w*nkers when it comes to this sort of thing, and continuously treat loyal supporters like mugs. They know they will always get away with it because supporters have no choice but to lap it up. Amateurs.

So that’s now 3 hours and 30min since they presumably started work today and still no communication

Rangers don’t give a fuck about anything so long as the £ rolls in

They can tweet a happy birthday message for Aribo but don’t dare expect them to address their latest cock up

@Greg Marshall can we expect any comment from the club/ticket office? Or anyone for that reason?

Not when capacity is limited. That would be entirely unfair.
It's exactly what's going to happen with away games when the scheme gets up to normal function.

All away games will be oversubscribed and a scramble to get a ticket, but points will only go to those who are successful.

So that’s now 3 hours and 30min since they presumably started work today and still no communication

Rangers don’t give a fuck about anything so long as the £ rolls in

They can tweet a happy birthday message for Aribo but don’t dare expect them to address their latest cock up

@Greg Marshall can we expect any comment from the club/ticket office? Or anyone for that reason?
It'll be along the lines of "you incorrectly ticked the box" going by past experience.

Its exactly what's going to happen with away games when the scheme gets up to normal function.

All away games will be oversubscribed and a scramble to get a ticket, but points will only go to those who are successful.
In the grand scheme of things and how points are accumulated, the 1 or 2 points from buying a ticket is going to do %^*& all for changing your tier.

We are copying everything that Liverpool do on and off the park. I was on the waiting list for 2 years then get told that I lost my place and needed to join my Gers to get back on and have a chance of getting any single tickets.

To be fair to the club?? Real Madrid friendlies only happen once in a very very blue moon, learning from it sharpish isnt going to appease us when its back to tranmere, wigan etc next year. This needs resolved now which i know wont but i do t get this ‘ to be fair to the club ‘ stuff. There is nothing fair towards the friendlies cccs squad. The club deserve every bit of grief coming their way on this. The TO has been open a few hours now and still not a peep and as usually happens when things go pete tong The SLO has went underground also. Usual from the usual
I've been highly critical of them the whole way through this thread

The only point I'm making here is that within the next few weeks, we hopefully won't have the capacity issues and then the home schemes can run as normal...

There is no doubt they've made a rip roaring arse of all this, and they deserve what they're getting as a consequence.

But we also have to realise that in all likelihood this is a one time %^*& up but they need to fecking communicate with us - but in the event Malmo/Helsinki is still restricted, then they better learn how to deal with this all bette

The CCCS squad, of which I am one, have been shafted - we know this, nothing is going to change this

In the grand scheme of things and how points are accumulated, the 1 or 2 points from buying a ticket is going to do %^*& all for changing your tier.
It won’t change your tier,but it will help maintain your tier.

I opted this season not to tick the friendlies box.
I decided before when I was shuffled out of my seat last time to a pretty shitty one that I'd opt out and just pay as I go for friendlies rather than being allocated a seat when CD was closed.
I can't complain about missing out.

I do believe though that every single fan who ticked for home friendlies should have been the priority for the 'home friendlies'. Those who never should only have gotten a chance at any left over tickets. Yes I know none of us have been there for a long time but we all had the chance to tick that box. Those who who commited not knowing if it was Margate or Madrid should be looked after.

Those missing out have every right to feel let down. If I had ticked and had missed out to a non friendlies selected punter.....my name would never go onto that home friendlies list again.

You hit the nail on the head - we signed up when we didn't know who we'd be watching. The fact this is Madrid is causing the fuss, where it could equally have been Margate and nobody would care. As somebody who ticked that box along with my son, I feel utterly cheated not to get offered tickets when others who opted out are getting them.

The thing is, there are far more complex things that the club have got wrong and to an extent that is understandable, but this is utterly simple. Tickets should have been allocated to those who selected friendlies first and if there were any left offer them to people with the highest MyGers points. I cannot understand the rationale for anything else.

Exactly mate, it’ll be euro away games and additional mygers shite that gets you up but if everyone plays the game, people won’t be going anywhere

I feel the club is treading a very fine line with the support right now - The MyGers, full price season tickets and the way the friendly ticketing has been handled is just about accepted because the club did so well last year however a few bad results and this could absolutely blow up in their faces.

True, the points are quite low, but I only missed gold by a handful of points and I'm not interested in buying any of the other items that are worth points, so I plan to buy every available match ticket.

Back