Kane to Man city

I'm in the minority in that I don't begrudge Man City any success. My papa spent his primary school days in Oldham, and used to go to Maine Road as a lad. That and with how their fans backed them in the third tier, I'm fine with those fans getting to enjoy their team winning things. (Except for the Gallaghers, %^*& them.)

Having said that, I think this would be a ludicrous fee for Kane given he's starting to suffer from injuries more regularly. They definitely need to replace Agüero, but it's not just goals that he brought to the team - he was a winner. Kane's a very good player but he's about to turn 28 and has won nothing in his career. Not entirely convinced he'll fill Agüero's place in terms of fire and leadership, but time will tell.

Makes Torres choking over his 50m tag laughable.

Big question I'd like to see answered next season is will Kane actually win them a trophy or will he win a trophy with them. I really hope he doesn't gag on that fee.

He will make them even better but I say this genuinely. Where is the achievement, the joy in having a country with a bottomless pit of money buy your club and have it in such a false position. Same with PSG. Soulless fronts to legitimise highly questionable regimes.

He will make them even better but I say this genuinely. Where is the achievement, the joy in having a country with a bottomless pit of money buy your club and have it in such a false position. Same with PSG. Soulless fronts to legitimise highly questionable regimes.

Dunno, but can't say I felt any less joy watching us win the league in the Advocaat years when we'd spend millions on a player, then discard them shortly thereafter and spend more. The only reason the money on offer in other leagues bother me is because we're not in them.

It's a different game these teams are playing.
Game is the same, but the finances are different world. Still, you can often find a product in Lidl that's as good as something similar in Harrods. You have to assume these clubs have zero interest in shopping around for the best deal. That money for Kane is just insane.

Reactions: TQ3
Dunno, but can't say I felt any less joy watching us win the league in the Advocaat years when we'd spend millions on a player, then discard them shortly thereafter and spend more. The only reason the money on offer in other leagues bother me is because we're not in them.

Football has been driven by money for decades obviously but a country owning a club is next level BS. Can you imagine if The US Government decided they'd buy Torino or some mid tier Italian club, pumped a billion quid into them and made them like Man City. It's a nonsense.

I'm in the minority in that I don't begrudge Man City any success. My papa spent his primary school days in Oldham, and used to go to Maine Road as a lad. That and with how their fans backed them in the third tier, I'm fine with those fans getting to enjoy their team winning things. (Except for the Gallaghers, %^*& them.)

Having said that, I think this would be a ludicrous fee for Kane given he's starting to suffer from injuries more regularly. They definitely need to replace Agüero, but it's not just goals that he brought to the team - he was a winner. Kane's a very good player but he's about to turn 28 and has won nothing in his career. Not entirely convinced he'll fill Agüero's place in terms of fire and leadership, but time will tell.
Think its more the fact that they have clearly bought success. It's now not a support as such in the EPL that drives a team, builds/supports the team, its all corporate.

Chelsea did that same, was a decade or so ago now so generally 'accepted' as a big club now. THey were the same.

As for Kane, in that world.. That's a no brainer.

Football has been driven by money for decades obviously but a country owning a club is next level BS. Can you imagine if The US Government decided they'd buy Torino or some mid tier Italian club, pumped a billion quid into them and made them like Man City. It's a nonsense.

I don't disagree, but I don't believe many of our fans would refuse to celebrate any success if we were bankrolled by China, Dubai etc. The concern you'd have as a fan is whether you could ever be self sustainable without the sugar daddy - though folk used to say Chelsea never would be and they no longer seem to rely on Abramovich digging into his wallet every summer - but we've seen first hand how that gets ignored as long as trophies are delivered.

Reactions: TQ3
I don't disagree, but I don't believe many of our fans would refuse to celebrate any success if we were bankrolled by China, Dubai etc. The concern you'd have as a fan is whether you could ever be self sustainable without the sugar daddy - though folk used to say Chelsea never would be and they no longer seem to rely on Abramovich digging into his wallet every summer - but we've seen first hand how that gets ignored as long as trophies are delivered.

You may be right it's just personal opinion. I think after the novelty of buying whoever you like wears off it's all a bit hollow. They've not earned the success in any real sense. I wouldn't want to see Rangers owned by a country

Kane is turning into glass with all his injuries

Guarantees 25 goals a season but 160 mil with zero sell on value

Back