West ham fans in the Bristol bar

Number of chopped posts so early in a thread being started. Stay on topic people and enjoy your night.

Back on topic, I have mates from Glasgow who follow West Ham and they've built contacts over the years in London who're now frequent visitors to Ibrox. I'm confident those Hammer fans have been treated well by the Bristol and will no doubt return.

Well done to the Bristol Bar for their hospitality.

Always wondered about that song, how did it originate. Seems a strange football song, especially for a firm that likes getting a bit tasty bruvva

Is it not about them having aspirations they’ve never fulfilled? They obviously have honours but the last was what an FA cup 30 years ago.

‘They fly so high, nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams they fade and die.…’

Not sure but they aren’t exactly heavyweights when it comes to success.

Is it not about them having aspirations they’ve never fulfilled? They obviously have honours but the last was what an FA cup 30 years ago.

%^*& knows but I'm glad we don't have songs like that,( if that's the case) because as much as a lot of epl and even fans of English championship teams might look down on Scottish football, at least we know what it's like to win trophies against your worst most hated rivals and compete in Europe. A lot of teams down there spend a fortune just to stay in the league, never knowing success, other than the odd win against a local rival

%^*& knows but I'm glad we don't have songs like that,( if that's the case) because as much as a lot of epl and even fans of English championship teams might look down on Scottish football, at least we know what it's like to win trophies against your worst most hated rivals and compete in Europe. A lot of teams down there spend a fortune just to stay in the league, never knowing success, other than the odd win against a local rival

Tbf I could be reading into something that isn’t there haha. The lyrics are incredibly negative tho and I’ve always thought of them as them realising they aren’t a top team. There may very well be a completely different reason why said song is sung but

‘Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere’

yea thats not positive haha

A few of my mates down south booked flights without realising they wouldn't be able to get into the ground due to restrictions,

They've changed their bookings for a weekend later on this season and to visit Ibrox, knowing their luck we'll be away at Hearts or Aberdeen etc that weekend.

:)

A few of my mates down south booked flights without realising they wouldn't be able to get into the ground due to restrictions,

They've changed their bookings for a weekend later on this season and to visit Ibrox, knowing their luck we'll be away at Hearts or Aberdeen etc that weekend.

:)

Fingers crossed

EDIT Fingers crossed they get in I mean haha

Strangely compared to Chelsea and Tottenham there’s not been many who’ve played for Rangers and West Ham. Good club though with loyal supporters.

Strangely compared to Chelsea and Tottenham there’s not been many who’ve played for Rangers and West Ham. Good club though with loyal supporters.
Off the top of my head, Dailly and Defoe.

And according to a thread on here this time last year Jack Wilshere played in a trial game up at Auchenhowie. :)

Enjoyed many visits to Upton Park when I lived in London for a few years. Good club. Good fans. Up the Irons :cool:

Me too. Used to go along regularly in the Nineties and Noughties. Saw some cracking players coming into the team. Particularly under Harry and Lampard Sr.

I remember some wee striker fella, thinking he might turn out OK. It might have taken him a while but he made it in the end:).

Always wondered about that song, how did it originate. Seems a strange football song, especially for a firm that likes getting a bit tasty bruvva
From Wiki so could be nonsense...

The team's supporters are famous for their rendition of the chorus of their team's anthem, "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" introduced to the club by former manager Charlie Paynter in the late 1920s. A Pears soap commercial featuring the curly haired child in the Millais' "Bubbles" was well known at the time. The child resembled a player, Billy J. "Bubbles" Murray, from local schoolboy team, Park School, where the headmaster was Cornelius Beal. Beal was known locally for his music and rhyme and wrote special words to the tune of "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" whenever any player was having a good game.

Beal was a friend of Paynter, while Murray was a West Ham trialist and played football at schoolboy level with a number of West Ham players such as Jim Barrett. Through this contrivance of association the club's fans took it upon themselves to begin singing the popular music hall tune before home games, sometimes reinforced by the presence of a house band requested to play the refrain by Charlie Paynter.

The song ‘Bubbles’ relates nothing to the clubs success, but supposedly to a young boy who played for the youth team, who resembled someone called ‘Bubbles’ in a painting. One of the clubs back room staff began singing the song to the boy, and stems from there. A very loose take on its origin, however relates nothing to the clubs success (or lack of)

Followed them since I can remember, and been to Upton Park on many occasions, including Anfield with my boy when Payet scored a peach! Great club.
COYI

Very similar, but not a great pic tbh.

Hope the bheasts get smashed today.
Might put a bet on it.
Will WH put out a good team?
(On the park that is :)) )
Tbh, I think it's a boy off the bus a couple of my mates go on, Hornchurch bus.

There's a crowd of them on it who follow West Ham everywhere.

Those fans are to be applauded. We're the luckiest fans in world football.

I'm sure many of their fans are sound, but it wasn't that long ago some West Ham fans were giving Kamara stick because Soucek essentially said Kamara lied about being racially abused. They can shove their bubbles.

Funny enough, I saw several West Ham fan articles slating Soucek for his comments.

There are dickheads in every support. By and large, West Ham fans are generally sound.

And anyone who despises the tims are ok by me.

In the 60's mate sir Bobby Moore only player to,lift a different trophy at Wembley in 3 consecutive years,64 FA CUP, 65 EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS CUP,66 WORLD CUP,!

Back