West ham fans in the Bristol bar

Lads in the videos seem sound but the majority of West Ham I’ve met are arseholes and sway towards the filth. %^*& their club in general.

Like us, the West Ham reject totally the idea of Irish republicanism and the IRA. Their hatred of them is up there with ours. They are loyal, they love Britain and the Crown.

My old man used to visit Upton Park with some of his old army pals years and years ago, whom were West Ham. He always used to say to me that they were our pals in England. I always believed that. Up the Irons he used to tell me!

Don’t mind West Ham one little bit.

Used to go to Upton Park a few times in the mid 80s when I lived in England, have family in Forest Gate (God help them). Always enjoyed myself and never saw any leanings toward the darkside. Didn't see anything overly leaning towards us either mind.
The same could not be said about the times I went to Highbury to see the Holloway Rd Irish.
Like an IRA funeral outside that place at times. Still quite enjoyed it though.

Always avoided trouble when I went to games in London as I can't bate my way out of wet bog roll, but once had a really entertaining and safe view of Orient guys cleaning out the Southampton end at an FA cup tie at Brisbane Rd. Very efficient.

There's a few hammer's fan's here good bunch and firmly Rangers fan's too doesn't stop a fair bit of banter when we are playing though.

Hope they are enjoying their trip to Glasgow and get a good win today at the Scumhut.
Always been a good footballing team and over the years had some legends. Bobby Moore, Sir Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters, Sir Trevor Brooking and Billy Bonds to name a few.

However their later treatment of Booby Moore was shocking.

Hope they are enjoying their trip to Glasgow and get a good win today at the Scumhut.
Always been a good footballing team and over the years had some legends. Bobby Moore, Sir Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters, Sir Trevor Brooking and Billy Bonds to name a few.

However their later treatment of Booby Moore was shocking.
To be fair, the boards of directors of most big clubs are not known for fairness and ethics.
Look at the creatures that West Ham have running them now.
I doubt our casual dislike and distaste of those of those dildo pimping wretches comes anywhere near matching the loathing the Hammers support has for them.

Is it not about them having aspirations they’ve never fulfilled? They obviously have honours but the last was what an FA cup 30 years ago.

‘They fly so high, nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams they fade and die.…’

Not sure but they aren’t exactly heavyweights when it comes to success.

They also won the world cup though :))

From Wiki so could be nonsense...

The team's supporters are famous for their rendition of the chorus of their team's anthem, "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" introduced to the club by former manager Charlie Paynter in the late 1920s. A Pears soap commercial featuring the curly haired child in the Millais' "Bubbles" was well known at the time. The child resembled a player, Billy J. "Bubbles" Murray, from local schoolboy team, Park School, where the headmaster was Cornelius Beal. Beal was known locally for his music and rhyme and wrote special words to the tune of "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" whenever any player was having a good game.

Beal was a friend of Paynter, while Murray was a West Ham trialist and played football at schoolboy level with a number of West Ham players such as Jim Barrett. Through this contrivance of association the club's fans took it upon themselves to begin singing the popular music hall tune before home games, sometimes reinforced by the presence of a house band requested to play the refrain by Charlie Paynter.

Michael Jackson was the same

Went to see West Ham at Motherwell a few years ago. Ended up having a few bevvies with some Irons fans after it. Good sorts if I remember well.

only player to lift a bracelet in Bogatoa 1970.....
I remember the rumours years ago that it was another player that lifted the bracelet and that Moore being Captain decided that he should take the rap.

I also heard that the real culprits name rhymed with Jobby Piles.
I also heard Bobby Charlton mentioned but as much as I'd like that to be true, I just cannot see it.

Of course it could all be, and most likely is, bollocks.

Funny enough, I saw several West Ham fan articles slating Soucek for his comments.

There are dickheads in every support. By and large, West Ham fans are generally sound.

And anyone who despises the tims are ok by me.

I couldn't care less if a mid table English team's fans don't like Celtic, but c'est la vie.

Never saw a game at Upton Park, but stayed in the hotel a few times. They turned the corporate boxes into rooms on non-match days. Funny to wake up and look out onto a football stadium!

One time it was Ray Winston’s suite!

the west ham icf had a 40 year anniversary at rebellion two years ago
cockney rejects were playing
it was funny seeing old millwall skinheads shouting abuse at the old icf.

Reminds me of that scene in The Firm, when they all meet outside Kings Cross and the wee guy turns up with a half west ham half C***** hat on...only to get a clip around the ear and be told
" What have we got to do with C***** " B-D
I wouldn't be surprised if big Charlie insisted on saying that line!

Lads in the videos seem sound but the majority of West Ham I’ve met are arseholes and sway towards the filth. %^*& their club in general.
The vast majority ive met edge towards Rangers and their was about 20 of them in my local in Renfrew who were up to see Rangers.

In fact the last time they played at parkhead, they marched to the ground they were singing no surrender to the ira, hardly tim behaviour.

Reminds me of that scene in The Firm, when they all meet outside Kings Cross and the wee guy turns up with a half west ham half C***** hat on...only to get a clip around the ear and be told
" What have we got to do with C***** " B-D
What have we got to do with Celtic son!!

Not into English football much but West Ham would be a side id look out for.

went a few years back in their last season at Upton Park with a mate who’s a West Ham supporter. Once they heard I was a gers fan and a loyalist from Northern Ireland they couldn’t have been more welcoming. Shame they left Upton Park, was a great wee ground

I remember the rumours years ago that it was another player that lifted the bracelet and that Moore being Captain decided that he should take the rap.

I also heard that the real culprits name rhymed with Jobby Piles.
I also heard Bobby Charlton mentioned but as much as I'd like that to be true, I just cannot see it.

Of course it could all be, and most likely is, bollocks.
FFS You must have ears like a bat.....

Remember in the firm with Gary Oldman benny from Grange Hill had a half tim half West ham scarf or hat been yrs since I seen it and Phil Mitchell from eastenders slapped him and took it off him sayin what have we got to do with them or somthing like that :)) goin to have to give it a watch again

Went a couple of times to the boleyn. Guy asked who my team was in glasgow and I said rangers and just got a good good. Knew a few that preferred the manks but they were uneducated in their practices.

Remember in the firm with Gary Oldman benny from Grange Hill had a half tim half West ham scarf or hat been yrs since I seen it and Phil Mitchell from eastenders slapped him and took it off him sayin what have we got to do with them or somthing like that :)) goin to have to give it a watch again
Where can I access this film, been years since I seen it- remember after the scene that you stated- another person replied- don’t worry he’s suffering from PMT pre match tension

Back