George Edmundson leaves

Think Goldson Helander and Balogun will be our main 3 with Simpson and Katic pushing. Liked the big man but he’s probably just too far down the pecking order and needs game time at his age to improve.
I can’t see us having 5 CHs, I think it would be best for Katic to go out on loan and get some games.

I doubt anyone will be surprised that he’s being allowed to leave. He let us down badly, along with Jones, with the COVID breach, but he showed promise when he arrived and seemed a natural leader. Even last week when he came on, it was him calling the press and marshalling the defence. Ultimately though, I don’t think he has the natural ability a Rangers player needs to have.

Best of luck to him, whoever it is he’s off to. Hopefully we have got a decent fee.

George Edmundson has agreed a deal to leave Rangers.

Record Sport understands the defender has signed a three-year contract with an unnamed club.

The centre-back joined Rangers from Oldham in 2019 and spent the latter half of last season on-loan at Derby County
Good news

I can’t see us having 5 CHs, I think it would be best for Katic to go out on loan and get some games.
It’s a tricky one. If we only have 4 for 60+ games, say one gets an injury and one gets suspended, it leaves us with no cover. I suppose Bassey can fill in as well and we have young players but it’s always a risk. I do agree Katic needs games too.

I don't think he has it between the ears on and off the park to make it to the very top. Good luck to him though - he'll have a decent career.

I remember you losing it because everyone kept saying he was good at passing etc :))

Yeah I’m not sure what planet some other people are on.

A Braga away game, he can do a job…keep making headed clearances till the cows come home.

But as regards his passing….holy shit. He’d stroll out of our box with the ball at his feet, under no pressure, then just casually pass it to an opposition player! Time after time.

Good luck to him but anyone who thinks he was ever of the requisite standard needs their eyes tested.

If he is actually on his way I wish him every success. He had a lot of promise but the COVID issue seems to have tarnished his reputation in the eyes of some people.

If he is actually on his way I wish him every success. He had a lot of promise but the COVID issue seems to have tarnished his reputation in the eyes of some people.
To be fair, I think the shine had come off before that. He had a couple of really wobbly games in the 3/4 season and I think the Balogun signing was an indication he wasn’t trusted as the 3rd centre-back once Katic got injured.

I think he could have grown into a very good CH with us, and eventually replaced Goldson whenever he left.

Hopefully that means Goldson is staying,

That’s a possibility mate
Doubt it.

We had it direct from the club via David Edgar that this is definitely not a player we are interested in. He said himself that whilst there is no chance of getting wind of a player being lined up from the club, they do let him know if there are people that are an absolute no-no.

Hopefully got a decent sell on clause (20%+).

There is a player there and getting weekly game time at a decent level, where his every mistake or misstep won't be a big issue will help him massively. Here every mistake counts and can destroy your season, at a mid table 50/50 club he will be able to play those mistakes out of his game.

I wish him the best and hope we have a big sell on, as a good few years in the championship can net you a £10-20 million move.

He had some flaws to his game but still give a strong performance in Braga to help get us through that tie. Also chipped in with some goals so fair play to him. At the moment he isn't good enough to play for us, good luck to him

Wish him all the best, I thought he was good enough given time.

But I work on building sites ffs so…

Heard he was going to Motherwell for the season on loan but now he’s away it seems, would be very surprised if it’s anyone in Scotland.

Hopefully making a decent profit on him and no harm no foul from my perspective. Don't think he was breaking first team as a starter in next season or two, so our model should be to sell those type of players on and make money.

Correct decision no time for sentiments he was miles behind Goldson/Helander/Balogun and it frees up valuable wages hopefully more of our fringe players will be moved on soon.

Back