Ballot Ticket Selection Issues - the saga continues

SC123

Hi guys!

My dad is having issues selecting his seat for the game at the weekend and I can't get through to anyone at Rangers for help.

The issue is around him having 2 Rangers accounts and he doesn't know the password to the one his season ticket is on. The password reset feature isn't working either.

Does anyone have a contact number for help?

I have tried emailing the SLO but no response yet.

Thanks

We're not on friends and family unfortunately as he's the only one with a season ticket.

Just a nightmare as you can't call the ticket office, he is just back from Ibrox and there is no one to speak to.

Oh well, one more ticket for those of us who missed out!

Kidding mate, hope that gets sorted.
What a fùcking shambles.

The single biggest provider of club revenue and yet buying a ticket is made so difficult.

Oh well, one more ticket for those of us who missed out!

Kidding mate, hope that gets sorted.
What a fùcking shambles.

The single biggest provider of club revenue and yet buying a ticket is made so difficult.
Haha that's true!

Just a bit poor given he bought the season ticket last year, didn't take a refund due to Covid and now when he's getting the first opportunity for a game there is no one to help.

Haha that's true!

Just a bit poor given he bought the season ticket last year, didn't take a refund due to Covid and now when he's getting the first opportunity for a game there is no one to help.
Fully agree.

50 hours until the league starts and our fans have zero help in purchasing tickets.

It wasn't good enough back in the 90s when I was old enough to start going alone and it really hasn't got any better in the 25 years since.

Yeah but it just rings out and then hangs up haha

I have emailed the SLO but no reply yet.

Does anyone have a contact number for him?
I wish you luck but, in truth, now its gone 1000hrs I'd suggest the seat will be gone to second ballot.

I'm guessing having two Ticket Accounts, and two Rangers Numbers presumably, has led to the confusion over his password. Maybe just keep banging away on the Forgotten password link in the hope a reset email eventually comes through? He does till have access to the email address he used to setup that account I assume, given they must have been in contact at renewal time?

I wish you luck but, in truth, now its gone 1000hrs I'd suggest the seat will be gone to second ballot.

I'm guessing having two Ticket Accounts, and two Rangers Numbers presumably, has led to the confusion over his password. Maybe just keep banging away on the Forgotten password link in the hope a reset email eventually comes through? He does till have access to the email address he used to setup that account I assume, given they must have been in contact at renewal time?
Yeah the he used to buy tickets before his season ticket so hence the first account.

When he bought his season ticket rangers then set him up with another account. I don't know why they did this.

Both accounts are linked to the same email address but have different passwords.

Ironically his MyGers is on his originally account too!

Haha that's true!

I bought my season ticket 34 years ago mate and I’ve not got a ticket for Saturday. I think that’s a bit poor.

Yeah the he used to buy tickets before his season ticket so hence the first account.

When he bought his season ticket rangers then set him up with another account. I don't know why they did this.

Both accounts are linked to the same email address but have different passwords.

Ironically his MyGers is on his originally account too!
You have tried logging in with his Rangers Number rather than the email address haven't you? Usually a better option.

Yeah but it just rings out and then hangs up haha

I have emailed the SLO but no reply yet.

Does anyone have a contact number for him?

You won't get a proper reply. The automated response you get from him, with the ticket office email address listed IS his 'reply' to any ticket related issues.

Tried it but the email isn't coming through for some reason. Checked spam folders etc and nothing.
I've had problems, I gave up in the end.
I'm disappointed in the lack of help from the ticket office.
This could have been a lot simpler, ie
Your successful in the ballot click if you want the ticket & the could send the code.
If you don't it goes back to ballot.
Pissed off with them

Hi guys!

My dad is having issues selecting his seat for the game at the weekend and I can't get through to anyone at Rangers for help.

The issue is around him having 2 Rangers accounts and he doesn't know the password to the one his season ticket is on. The password reset feature isn't working either.

Does anyone have a contact number for help?

I have tried emailing the SLO but no response yet.

Thanks
I can only hope your dad finally gets a reset password, I can feel his frustrations as for three and half hours I tried for the better half and myself to get seats. I went round and round with Rangers poor computer system. Eventually my Son stepped in who is computer savvy and got us tickets by this time we were left with poor viewing seats, but glad to be in. Being of a certain vintage all the computer passwords does your mind in, and ok have a notebook of them and sure as fate, the notebook would possibly get lost!

I've had problems, I gave up in the end.
I'm disappointed in the lack of help from the ticket office.
This could have been a lot simpler, ie
Your successful in the ballot click if you want the ticket & the could send the code.
If you don't it goes back to ballot.
Pissed off with them
100% agree.

Don't understand why a seat couldn't of been allocated to the person who has been selected in the ballot rather that a free for all.

We're in the same position but pretty sure he will put in a complaint as the lack of help is terrible and you wouldn't accept it from any other business.

I can only hope your dad finally gets a reset password, I can feel his frustrations as for three and half hours I tried for the better half and myself to get seats. I went round and round with Rangers poor computer system. Eventually my Son stepped in who is computer savvy and got us tickets by this time we were left with poor viewing seats, but glad to be in. Being of a certain vintage all the computer passwords does your mind in, and ok have a notebook of them and sure as fate, the notebook would possibly get lost!
Yeah he's been in pretty much the same position as yourself except the successful outcome.

I am tech savvy but even I found the whole process antiquated.

Yeah tried all these options. It's murder.
Its probably of little consolation but I did see a poster on another thread saying he'd had a response to an email query he sent the Ticket office. So, some replies are coming but they appear to be few in number. Thanks to the poor ticketing system they are probably inundated to be fair.

Last edited:
Not ideal given that ticket office is closed as is the phone number.

Agreed pal. He admitted to me that that doesn't even read emails with anything to do with 'tickets' in the subject header. Greg is a nice fella and clearly a big Bluenose, I've spoken to him at a couple of games but, it's quite clear his role is nothing more than a token gesture from the Club.
You get far more information on here, than you ever will from him, which makes a mockery of the job he is trying to do imo.

It’s not been easy that’s for sure. My dad and I got tickets in the 2nd ballot. His ticket never went through, so had to log back in and do it all again which means he is now a good few sections away..
Happy I’m getting back though…

Well guys, I got a reply from the ticket office & although I had missed the deadline, they very kindly issued me with a ticket for the game.
I explained I was having difficulty.
So I probably owe & apology to the guys in the ticket office, I appreciate the gesture & Ibrox here I come.
3 points now Yahoo
Fair play to them for that!

It’s not been easy that’s for sure. My dad and I got tickets in the 2nd ballot. His ticket never went through, so had to log back in and do it all again which means he is now a good few sections away..
Happy I’m getting back though…
It's strange because it wasn't that long ago they said they overhauled the website, RTV, logins etc etc to make it easier for everyone to use but it seems a bit clunky still.

Even if we weren't experiencing the problems we've had, why does 20,000 people need to log on and select a seat etc

Ticket office have emailed me last night saying my dad has been assigned a Ticket and they have emailed him the QR code.

For some reason he isn't receiving the email just the same as the password reset emails.

Maybe he's just not meant to go to this game hahahah

glad your sorted but the title is a bit dramatic, granted the club should reset a password but people should also know it the situation just now is hard for all

Quickest fix would have been someone on here adding your dad to their friends and family and doing the checkout from their account using his Rangers number then email the code over.

If I had seen this thread I would have done it for you.

Ticket office have emailed me last night saying my dad has been assigned a Ticket and they have emailed him the QR code.

For some reason he isn't receiving the email just the same as the password reset emails.

Tons of folk get no emails from the club. Junk mail or otherwise. My brother only knows if he gets tickets if I get an email and then check through F&F.

glad your sorted but the title is a bit dramatic, granted the club should reset a password but people should also know it the situation just now is hard for all
Title is dramatic? Just a wee bit of satire.

The situation is very difficult for all at the moment but the point being made is how difficult should it be to at least be able to speak to someone about these issues?

Quickest fix would have been someone on here adding your dad to their friends and family and doing the checkout from their account using his Rangers number then email the code over.

If I had seen this thread I would have done it for you.
I appreciate that.

Suppose it's just knowing what to do to get around these types of issues.

Just need to speak to someone at Rangers to ensure he has the one rangers number moving forward etc

I had the same issue a few years back when I was buying a season ticket. Never realised I had 2 accounts and it was a bit of a nightmare to sort out. Ticket office got there eventually. Good luck with it.

Tons of folk get no emails from the club. Junk mail or otherwise. My brother only knows if he gets tickets if I get an email and then check through F&F.
It's very strange because he got the email to say he was successful in the ballot but then hasn't got other emails.

Is your brothers email Hotmail by any chance?

Is it an aol email address? My dads old email was with aol and he never used to get emails from rangers but since he switched to gmail all emails come through fine

I had the same issue a few years back when I was buying a season ticket. Never realised I had 2 accounts and it was a bit of a nightmare to sort out. Ticket office got there eventually. Good luck with it.
Thanks mate. Will just need to keep on at them.

Is it an aol email address? My dads old email was with aol and he never used to get emails from rangers but since he switched to gmail all emails come through fine
It's a hotmail account.

Might set him up a new email address if it helps.

Print the email and go to the ticket office before the game (as early as possible as it will be busy) they will then give him a paper ticket. One of our group had to do that for the Real Madrid game. Hope you get it sorted:)

Back