Taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that the vast majority of the support are like myself.
They won’t boo . But they are sick to the back teeth of this nonsense.
Why the f*** can’t we go to the football without having this rammed down on our throats!
Why can we watch sky sports without having it rammed down our throats!
Why can we come on follow follow without people thinking they can ram it down our throats.
Is it really being 'rammed down your throat'?

At football, it is 10 seconds out the day, where you can just stand and say nothing. No-one is asking you to cheer, or agree, just stay quiet so you don't damage the Club's reputation.

You have, by choice, came onto a thread where it is being discussed. That is not it being rammed down anyone's throat.

Id take a guess that there's a pretty large overlap of people who rage at sn0wflakes being sensitive and think being asked to be quiet for 10 seconds is some form of Marxist repression. Strikes me as fairly ironic

Welcome to Sturgeons Scotland where if you say anything wrong or untoward ban them ( How Fascist) So are you also suggesting that people who sing No pope of Rome, F*** the pope and the Vatican and about Tully shaking his rosary beads should all be banned as well ?
You can’t have it both ways !

The club have said they will ban anyone they find singing sectarian songs...

I’ve said in this thread that I don’t know what I will do yet.

I’ve also said in this thread that my opinion isn’t worth more or less than anyone else’s.

What you are saying mate goes both ways, are people who are in favour of taking the knees opinions so sacrosanct that nobody is allowed to voice their disagreement to it?

If you do boo, then you're not a Rangers supporter.

I know a club in the East end that love to boo our players. Maybe you should give them a chance.

Welcome to Sturgeons Scotland where if you say anything wrong or untoward ban them ( How Fascist) So are you also suggesting that people who sing No pope of Rome, F*** the pope and the Vatican and about Tully shaking his rosary beads should all be banned as well ?

Have you not been to a game of football in Scotland for 20 years or what?

The club have said they will ban anyone they find singing sectarian songs...
We've already had stands closed by UEFA, and very nearly thrown out of European competition due to sectarian singing, but that still isn't enough to get it into the heads of these folk that it's not allowed.

Not quite sure how bad the punishment would need to be for idiots to stop singing about the bloomin Pope!

Keep politics out of football. But can we keep religious hatred?

Warped is the right word. Far too many folk read some casual, right-wing nonsense about BLM and then automatically use this as an excuse to vent their hatred.
What’s the ‘casual right wing nonsense’? Personally I wouldn’t boo any Rangers player but I disagree with the ideals of the BLM organisation as opposed to the statement that BLM off course they do human life matters. I dealing with a relative who is at her end sadly.

If you do boo, then you're not a Rangers supporter.

I know a club in the East end that love to boo our players. Maybe you should give them a chance.
Does that apply to anybody singing sectarian songs as well? Just so I know who's a Rangers supporter and who isn't.

Does that apply to anybody singing sectarian songs as well? Just so I know who's a Rangers supporter and who isn't.

If the club is asking you to stop, and you're damaging the club by doing so then yes.

The minute you start to actively harm the club you are doing more damage than the average Celtic fan ever could.

Should we then ban people for singing songs about the pope, the Vatican and rosary beads . Yes or No?
Those songs are attached to our club and I'm sure we all acknowledge and understand why they're sung... We've all been brought up with them.

But it's 2021. We're a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural team/city/country and this sort of thing should be left in the past. It doesn't help our reputation (or our finances when we get fined).

Supporting Rangers doesn't mean you have to support hating the Pope, hating Catholics, loving the United Kingdom, be in the Masons or Orange Order, etc. (all stereotypes attached to us because of how we act and what we sing).

Supporting Rangers is to support the football team on the park that day. Show up, cheer the boys on, hopefully go home happy.

We've already had stands closed by UEFA, and very nearly thrown out of European competition due to sectarian singing, but that still isn't enough to get it into the heads of these folk that it's not allowed.

Not quite sure how bad the punishment would need to be for idiots to stop singing about the bloomin Pope!

Keep politics out of football. But can we keep religious hatred?
Wonder why folk can't just go to the football and enjoy it without having people's religious views "rammed down their throats"...?

If you don't want to watch the manager Steven Gerrard and the team take the knee then stand outside on the concourse until the referee blows his whistle.
I think even such a mild rebuke of taking the knee will soon be deemed a being ‘racist’ as there seems to be a ‘you’re either with us or your part of the problem’ narrative emerging.

If the club is asking you to stop, and you're damaging the club by doing so then yes.

The minute you start to actively harm the club you are doing more damage than the average Celtic fan ever could.
Answer the question, are you a Rangers supporter if you sing sectarian songs?

I don’t agree with people booing. But they have the right to do so.
The amount of wee fascists on here is pretty embarrassing .
Wanting people banned for a basic right of showing displeasure is wrong.
Fascists :D

As I said earlier, Rangers as a private organisation can deny access to anyone they want. They have done in the past when people have acted in a way that embarrasses the club. If you think this makes Rangers a fascist organisation then fair enough but maybe they aren't the club for you and you should found Freedom Of Speech FC or We Hate BLM FC or something.

I don’t agree with people booing. But they have the right to do so.
The amount of wee fascists on here is pretty embarrassing .
Wanting people banned for a basic right of showing displeasure is wrong.
If you agree they have the right to boo then you must think everyone has the right to boo in any circumstances, including during minute silences etc.

Just because you have the right to free speech doesn’t mean you should exercise it every time. Booing will achieve nothing more than embarrass the club and hurting the players, as they have repeatedly said. We’re trying to convince the likes of Goldson and Kamara to stay here and we have zoomers who can’t stay quiet for five seconds but they have this desperate urge to be heard.

No one is asking everyone to agree with it, however people should have enough respect for our own players to stand quiet for a few seconds then get on with the game.

Going by your logic we should allow a bunch of guys to start singing about the SNP and create a wee group that is protected in doing so. Obviously their opinions still matter, right?

Here is the facts. If you boo most people will think you are actually racist or at best very, very stupid and it makes us all look bad. It may also cause trouble at Ibrox if someone from the majority takes offence, which makes also us all look bad.

If you care at all about your fellow supporters and the players playing for this team, just shut the %^*& up for 10 seconds and stop making it about yourself.
Yes mate you’re not the King of who gets to sing or say what at Ibrox, people can sing whatever they like and people are free to react to it.

if someone causes trouble over it then they are the ones who have caused violence and are the ones at fault nobody else.

Shut up for how many 10 seconds? For every game for the rest of time?

Are Bears racially abusing our players?
Screenshot-20210728-131802.jpg

Are you suggesting Goldson is a liar?

Yes mate you’re not the King of who gets to sing or say what at Ibrox, people can sing whatever they like and people are free to react to it.

if someone causes trouble over it then they are the ones who have caused violence and are the ones at fault nobody else.

Shut up for how many 10 seconds? For every game for the rest of time?

"I can do what I want"

Well deal with whatever consequences come then. If you get banned or someone is upset with you at Ibrox, don't come on here crying abut it.

You have posted A LOT on this thread for someone who said the following

"Why can we come on follow follow without people thinking they can ram it down our throats" you could easy avoid this subject for the day by posting on other threads?

I find the mutterings of Laurence Fox tedious and think he is an insufferable wank the way I avoided that was by not reading his tweets and timelines rather than actively looking out what he was saying to be pissed by it.

They are my club and will always be the club of the people.
As fans we have the right to show displeasure if we think something is wrong.
I will say it again that I don’t agree with booing . But I respect those who don’t agree with players taking the knee and raising a fist .
That nonsense has no place in football or any other sport.
What about people standing in a semi circle for a minutes silence , does that have a place ? What about players raising a fist after a goal ? What about players kneeling like mo salah after a goal , or praying like Sane before a game , or making a sign of the cross , or looking to the heavens like Kaka ? Is all that still allowed in your world , or is it just taking a knee that you want banned ?

Take your time .

I've never experienced it myself but there's many who have. You are aware of that?
I'm sure there are, certainly wouldnt dream of suggesting otherwise. Only point i'll make is that from my comfy middle class world i've never had to worry about the colour of my skin holding me back from when i first walked into primary one, till this very day.

On that basis it would be appallingly disrespectful of me to deride others who have and continue to experience it from making some sort of statement to remind me (and people like me) that this uncomfortable truth remains alive and well in our society. Especially when they are playing for the team i support. Wouldnt even enter my head to make a stand against that. And as of this morning i haven't seen one cohesive argument for booing such an act.

I despair at the fascist attitude of those attacking supporters who are not comfortable with those who take a knee.
I want boo the players. But I certainly won’t attack the supporters who dont want to see this nonsense at our stadium.
It is a gesture that lasts barely five seconds, genuinely what harm is it causing you or anyone else in the stadium?

If the players want to do it then they should be supported on that. Those booing are doing nothing but damaging Rangers and our reputation. It embarrasses the club, the wider fanbase and the players themselves have admitted it hurts them.

I despair at the fascist attitude of those attacking supporters who are not comfortable with those who take a knee.
I want boo the players. But I certainly won’t attack the supporters who dont want to see this nonsense at our stadium.

But you have said the following,

"Why can we come on follow follow without people thinking they can ram it down our throats"

No one is doing that, if you weren't posting on this thread you would have no idea these conversations even existed, it isn't like you are being messaged directly about this.

Really wish we could all get on and stop talking about booing and banning fans.

All that is required is to let our players exercise their right to do whatever they deem fit as a show against racism.

No need to boo - turn away and don't watch if you don't like it but booing our players - who IMO are legends after last season - is not right.

Let's be sensible and play the political game for once and act the way Rangers fans should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back