MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Livingston FT - Match Thread & Vote for your Man of the Match

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Buzzing for the game today but gutted I never got a ticket at the same time. Everyone who has one enjoy it, I'm very jealous!

Watching at home today as no ticket in the ballot. Enjoy the day all the bears that are going, should be a great atmosphere and full focus for a great start and 3 points.
I was almost in tears earlier when asked if I fancied going to IKEA, since I didn't have a ticket!

Ready for the new season bears? Strap yourselves in it’s going to be one helluva ride. Guinness ready, cigars ready, defibrillator ready, let’s go.

E7nujq8XEAI-s4U

A few surprises in that team for sure.

Should be more than strong enough to get the job done though.

Well, George 3rd had nothing on what will ensue from today onwards.

Do I think we will win the league? Yes. The reason being simple. We have a better team and squad than everyone else. But when it boils down to it, mainly we are head and shoulders above the filth.

However, we need to leave last season's superlatives and records alone and in splendid isolation. I suspect they will always be looked at as a complete one off, certainly in our lifetimes.

After all how long did it take for us to record an unbeaten league record since we first achieved it back in 1898/99? One hundred and twenty-two years is a long time. So let's take that pressure off the squad by any expectations that last season's heroics can be repeated. Not that I'm saying anyone has specifically stated this.

However, however. With that title win now under our belts and the monkey off our backs, it would be nice to see and possibly expect to see the team playing with even more confidence and freedom of expression because they know they are the champions and a match increasingly for the better teams in Europe. That's all down to their own endevours and the coaching staff.

But, and there's always a but with me. We saw last season yet again how we are treated differently by the charlatans running the game. Just think of the bans handed out to Rangers players regards Covid sanctions compared to everyone else? You simply couldn't make it up and I'm not because it happened right in front of our faces.

Rangers players and their wives/girlfriends have a house party and all recieve 6 game suspensions. Apparently the WAGS were surplus to, and a breach of the bubble requirements, if I remember correctly.

The filth in Dubai have a pool party with outsiders and not one suspension between them. The authorities even allowed one of their number, Duffy, to play for them even though it was against the league and Gov't self-isolation rules.

Then we have the corruption that is the Compliance Officer. It's quite simple for me. Within the people at the club there should be enough of them in the background capable of taking in every SPFL game and taking notes of every controversial incident that is ignored by the CO but is high priority if a Rangers player is the perpetrator.

Easter Rd last season. Morellos retrospectively banned for a stamp, yet in the same game, a Hibs player (McGregor?) guilty of the same action gets away CO free.

Dundee Utd at Ibrox, a tackle on Morelos not worth talking about but if the other way, Morelos is on another ban.

Dundee Utd again, Roofe is booked by the referee for a tackle, which for any other player is the end of the matter. Yet Roofe is then retrospectively banned. Despite the rules that would have been upheld against us.

The goodwill towards the club is off the scale from last season and deservedly so. But these incidents are one aspect and/or areas of the game, from the people running the club on the pitch that is basically a dereliction of duty.

As for the cheats in the middle? I would love a reaction from the manager after the match on every debatable decision against us, highlighted. Of course what I want and will assuredly get will be completey different.

I'm not talking about the odd mistimed challenge. - That happens either way. I'm talking about the now obligatory first time bookable challenge on a Rangers player which is almost always allowed, but if dealt with properly, would result in the inevitable second act of thuggery warrant a deserved second yellow.

Anyway go to it Rangers and I'm off to have a virtual cup of Absinthe with my old mucka George for lunch.

Got to feel sorry for Itten, not much he can do over pre season to get a start but thats the joys of having so many quality players in the squad, we will always have players on the bench people think should start.

I can see some players being kept for Malmo but i'm surprised they are not on the bench. Moving back to 7 on the bench won't help.

Back