MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Livingston FT - Match Thread & Vote for your Man of the Match

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty meh game so far. I thought we might have pushed on after the early goal, but the final ball keeps letting us down. A quick second half Rangers goal, and Livvy will fold.

A wee bit rusty. Well taken goal by Hagi. Need to up the tempo again. Crowd been patient so far, which is good. Clearly need some competitive games to get up to speed.

A good start, but we haven't created many decent chances since, despite dominating the game. Need to be ruthless and put this to bed early in the 2nd half.

We’ve been okay.

Started very well, and then from around 20 minutes onwards it’s all got a bit flat and scrappy.

The final third I think it’s been a combination of overplaying, or just not finding that final pass.

Hagi’s goal the obvious highlight, and considering how sharp he was looking hopefully nothing too serious with his injury.

I expect we’ll kick on second half and wrap this up with a bit to spare still.

All pretty football, but not quite dynamic enough. Love Bassey’s raw talent, but you see how short he is still of Barasic’s quality. Biggest discussion for me is how difficult we have found it to get Sakala in the game. Typical first game of the season. Patience required. Half an eye on Malmo obviously. Still some hard work to be done here to secure the 3 points.

Livi turns up as we expected a stuffy team to play against. They've had competitive games already this season and from an organisational perspective it shows. They've offered pretty much nothing going forward. We've taken the lead and settled down into game management mode. Its been comfortable. Hopefully we bring a decent level of intesity in the second 45.

Hagi was immense when on but Kent and Sakala need to get into the game more.

Bassey has done some incredible runs down the left but he doesn’t have the quality final ball yet so not sure why we are not driving down Tav’s side more often.

Hagi was running at them. I thought their LB was struggling. Why we didn't run at him continuously I don't know.

After the goal I thought we were going to overrun them, but it then went flat.need to get a quick goal and it will end up 3/4?

We started the half really well, but we slowed down a bit in the last 15/20 mins.

If Bassey could work on his crossing, he could be an excellent full-back.

I suppose this is going to be the game pattern for the rest of the season - packed defence placing the onus on Rangers to break them down. I do wish we'd take more shots from outside the box though - it's the one shortcoming in the current squad.

For the record - the tackle on Hagi should have been a straight RED.

Hagi was immense when on but Kent and Sakala need to get into the game more.

Bassey has done some incredible runs down the left but he doesn’t have the quality final ball yet so not sure why we are not driving down Tav’s side more often.
Agreed Kent and Sakala need to impose themselves more on this game

It’s up to the players to play football mate. It’s on the support to support the team.
We are league champions ffs, they have played well in the 1st half, fans have a duty to make up for missing all of last season and the team doing what we have craved for 10 years

The fans sounded good on tv the first 10 minutes or so but to say it’s been awful is over the top ffs.

Very comfortable first half. Has dropped off a bit. We're looking good and doing the right things. Another half of that please with a better final ball and We're laughing. Ibrox sounding very subdued though.

Hagi getting hurt definitely affected our attacking edge. Hopefully we can kick on in the second half.

Have to say that I'm not among those on here who rate Bassey. He's got energy and pace, yes, but he doesn't appear to be able to put in a decent cross. Read on here this week that some think he's the best full back in the league outside the Old Firm. He really, really isn't.

King Bassey playing well, still a bit of a pre season vibe and a huge match midweek which might be on their minds aswell. Sakala just reminds me of Defoe, if he turns out at least half as good as Defoe then I will be happy.

Poor Hagi just hasn't got any luck,started well,gets a goal and then that animal puts him out the game with an evil tackle.
Hopefully we pick the pace up again and win by a couple of goals at least.

Good start to the half but it's got a little untidy. Just a few passes in important areas which are causing folk to stretch and allow Livi to get a challenge in.

Hopefully find some more sharpness second half to stretch away with another goal or two.

99% of players would snatch at that chance that Hagi scored. I love the composure he shows in that position, gives himself so much time

Not a bad first half, Livi have shown no threat other than the threat of violence. Once the players have some more match minutes in them I think we are going to go on a real good run again this season

Fans are flat as well.

That long wait and still only about 4 people creating an atmosphere.

I'm here mate and it's a strange atmosphere. Started well but not as much as I expected.

This will sound weird but I don't think it'll be right until all out supporters are in. It's very hard to not feel for the STH who are not sitting in the empty blue seats and that's detracting from the atmosphere.

Also doesn't help with the performance in the last 25 minutes.

Have to say that I'm not among those on here who rate Bassey. He's got energy and pace, yes, but he doesn't appear to be able to put in a decent cross. Read on here this week that some think he's the best full back in the league outside the Old Firm. He really, really isn't.
King Bassey playing well, still a bit of a pre season vibe and a huge match midweek which might be on their minds aswell. Sakala just reminds me of Defoe, if he turns out at least half as good as Defoe then I will be happy.

Consecutive posts like this are what make me love this place B-D

1-0 up and dominating the game, folk need to catch a fucking grip. We will get a 2nd and kill the game off. That's plenty for today.
It's still the legacy issues of watching clogger team after clogger team sit in, hack and disrupt for 90 minutes and then scoring an equalizer/winner.

Everyone will calm down when we score the second.

Back