MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I couldn't get a stream and can't afford the Premier Sports subscription as I already have Sky and BT. I had to listen to Radio Scotland and that fud Liam McLeod. The joy in his voice when we went 2-0 down was palpable. He wasn't saying as much with our late goal, the mentally challenged b@stard.

Not sure why lundstram has been singled out by many. He was one of our best players in the first half.
Its not like all our players were on top form.

He didnt put himself wholeheartedly into blocking the goalscorers shot yet big Connor fuuked up the second by not booting the baw to fuuk.

Folk then see that as depriving us of winning 1-0. That is the mindset of a number on FF.

This Is now champs league, forget the europa.

I agree. That’s the only criticism I’ve had since Gerrard has come in, we don’t shoot enough. In fact we as a club for years have had a style for some reason that we don’t shoot much. Apart from big Albertz and the Advocaat years, Tuguay, Van Bronkhorst etc We’ve never had a style where we have a shot on goal from 25 yds. That mob seem to do it all the time, it’s about time we worked more shooting positions.
Shooting yes, but also taking initiative by looking for a forward pass rather than sideways or back. Turn the defenders, why let them get set?

Last edited:
There’s numerous examples of that.

Always nice to read back at your leisure, when bored.
Oh don’t I know it. Wait till we lose a league game. Are they the young team or are they auld and bitter! It’s hard to say…. One goal down away from home after a poor performance. Lucky to be where we are. People think Malmo are St Mirren. Also can we agree on no surrender or should we just surrender. Really want to meet these posters just to gauge whether it’s alcohol, stupidity, a lack of football knowledge or just plain grumpyness.

We were playing a strong team in a 3rd round CL qualifier away from home. We didn't have a bad night, we had a tough night, and we weren't poor. We were competitive. This is the latter stages of Champions League qualifiers. There aren't going to be any routine wins at any stage in this competition.
We were poor. We're a lot better than that as we'll show next week.

Pretty evident that Malmo were in the flow of their season being several weeks old. Also evident the other way round for us. But I think we'll come good enough to get the result next week.

I'm lost regards who's going to be able to play and who can't for the return leg. Anyone know offhand what the situation is?

I thought too many off their game tonight, possibly down to match fitness. Think we should have played same team as Sat or team tonight should have played Sat to get more mileage in the legs.
Anyway Davis goal is massive and we have beaten better than them in Europe over last few yrs so game on. Hopefully we are allowed a big crowd next week, as no offence, but I would be too nervous following the game on here :D

Only saw result never saw the game, I notice Malmö scored 2 in 2 mins, can someone sun up how we played & were Malmö the better team & created lots of chances? Do we stand a chance in the return leg?also how was wright? The wee bits I saw he kept getting hacked

Wright was surprising lightweight. Even after his work in the gym. The ref let them turn it into a free for all and we were absolutely terrible tonight. Not seen as disjointed a performance since the Mcdowall era.
Nothing like a bit of perspective, eh? Deary me.

We were far from our best but, five minutes of utter calamity aside, we more than matched them. Massive goal at the end. We should have more than enough to beat them at Ibrox.

Definitely, too many knicker wetters on here.
You talking about? You're calling them decent. I've applauded opposition teams at Ibrox when I just had to put my hands up to their brilliance but they don't even come near decent. Livingston and St Mirren would give them a beating.

I thought we were poor most of the game in truth but that goal gives us a fighting chance. We finished stronger and never a better example tonight than if you dont shoot you dont score.

Thank god for Steve Davis not just for the goal but for carrying the midfield for most of the game. Wright is the other I would give pass marks. Big Itten held the ball up well at times but he lacks any pace but one of our better perfomers..

Now lets get those tickets bought guys and raise the roof next week. This team have done us proud and sure they can do it again.

I've seen some amount of shite and utter nonsense in here, but this is different planet stuff. Proper weird.
I’ll rephrase it, we won’t be winning any game if 2 of our midfielders are as bad as lundstrum and Arfield were tonight

Nothing like a bit of perspective, eh? Deary me.

We were far from our best but, five minutes of utter calamity aside, we more than matched them. Massive goal at the end. We should have more than enough to beat them at Ibrox.
It's my perspective. I respect your opinion. It's a poor as a performance as I've watched from us in years. No need for the deary me bit either.

Only saw result never saw the game, I notice Malmö scored 2 in 2 mins, can someone sun up how we played & were Malmö the better team & created lots of chances? Do we stand a chance in the return leg?also how was wright? The wee bits I saw he kept getting hacked
They weren’t a good side, we controlled the first half and made a couple of decent chances for Kent/Arfield.

2nd half started and we conceded two horror goals, then the Swedes went into dark arts mode and we started panicking a bit.

Didn’t create much at all, but they were a pretty poor side - Wright and Itten our best players.

We should win comfortably.

Fast, direct tempo next week and get tore right into this mob. I can see them trying every trick in the book to ruin the game but we must play smart and to our strengths.

Malmo are the champions of Sweden they were never just going to lie down and let us play our game. This matters as much to them as it does to us. They defended really well , we didn't for 2 minutes.

If anything it shows that we are still a midfielder short. I wonder if the decision to let Kamara have a dig ( allegedly) at that racist is now being regretted.

Disappointing result,we'll turn it round next week.
Crazy as usual when we get beat,that's me out of this thread rather than read the usual garbage.

Wright was MOTM for me. He went through the wars tonight and not once was he hiding!
I would agree but a guy is questioning my opinion on him because he was outmuscled at times. He never hid or gave up and the ref gave him nothing all night.

A decent side? What makes them a decent side? Running? Hoofing? Decent ma baws.
I didn't say they were good, I only said they were decent. They're a competent lower level European mob, 13 games into their season. We'll have enough in the tank to take care of them, no need to panic based on what I saw tonight.

I know it's not goin to go down well but I would not have Tav in our team next week his position as a defender is woeful, more than him to blame certainly but a lot of our goal losses in euro games have come from his side, his positioning as a defender is embarresing, yes he can give a lot going forward but can someone tell me apart from a great first half of last season when I admit he was our top player what has he done since.
You’ve answered your own stupid statement there.
His positives far outweigh the negatives.

I didn't say they were good, I only said they were decent. They're a competent lower level European mob, 13 games into their season. We'll have enough in the tank to take care of them, no need to panic based on what I saw tonight.
Definitely. We'll do them at Ibrox. Massive goal tonight.

They weren’t a good side, we controlled the first half and made a couple of decent chances for Kent/Arfield.

2nd half started and we conceded two horror goals, then the Swedes went into dark arts mode and we started panicking a bit.

Didn’t create much at all, but they were a pretty poor side - Wright and Itten our best players.

We should win comfortably.
Cheers bud, make me feel better for the return leg

I wouldn't have been giving this tie up at 0-2.

I didn't see a team there that we can't beat 2-0 or 3-0 if we can find our form.

The key next week is how we play. If Alfie comes in and gives us a bit more oomph up front then we can get through.

I can't think of anyone in the team who was truly at it tonight and I would only give a pass to about two or three of them. Too many let themselves down but let's hope it's just one we got out of our system without too much harm done.

On a side issue, I see the match thread has returned to it's usual level. Too many on here willing to get their knife into individuals unneccessarily. Shame on you.

C'mon Rangers.

Massive goal at the end. Most of the team were miles off where we know they can play.

Disappointed we never attempted more shots had plenty of opportunities to get a shot away but took that extra touch.

Different game though next week and fully expect us to go through and our fans to make a huge difference.

The negativity here is unbelievable
What are some folk gona be like when it's a full house at Ibrox?

Malmo 16 Games I'm middle of their Season & we weren't up to the level required yet to play our normal game. Morelos a big miss as Itten is pulling a lorry.
Lundstram bedding into our team.
We had players Banned who would have played before him no doubt.
The Goal is a let off but we will be ready for them as that was their best, we have a much better level to hit for next week
Agreed, there's some amount of roasters on here.

I’ll rephrase it, we won’t be winning any game if 2 of our midfielders are as bad as lundstrum and Arfield were tonight
You’ll struggle to find anyone disagreeing with that. It’s not remotely close to what you implied in your post, though.

I wouldn’t start both of them in the same team, to be honest.

But I predict that they will both be in the same starting 11 on numerous occasions this season, for whatever reason.

Try and see the bigger picture. We’ll be fine this season. Like we were last season.

We were never in any trouble in the first half, and made a couple of half chances at best.

Then we displayed sixty seconds of Kamikaze defending that beggared belief.

I fully expect a very, blatant, cynical performance from the Swedes next week. So a good ref will be required.

However, we should be good enough to beat this lot as long as we have a defence on high alert.

You’ll struggle to find anyone disagreeing with that. It’s not remotely close to what you implied in your post, though.

But I predict that they will both be in the same starting 11 on numerous occasions this season, for whatever reason.

Try and see the bigger picture. We’ll be fine this season. Like we were last season.
Aye, in fairness my post was a bit much but got too wound up

Missed the match tonight and just catching up on the thread now, so I may well be talking pish! I see certain players are getting flack. Barasic hasn't had an ideal pre-season. Is this Lundstram's first match in Europe? I have more faith in our management team's judgement than my own and I'm sure he will be an asset in due course. Our squad and fitness will be better next week.

Fair points but I think Lundstram will be excellent for us once he gets games under his belt. I think Arfield may be better as an impact player when we need an injection of energy.

Back