MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The negativity here is unbelievable
What are some folk gona be like when it's a full house at Ibrox?

Malmo 16 Games I'm middle of their Season & we weren't up to the level required yet to play our normal game. Morelos a big miss as Itten is pulling a lorry.
Lundstram bedding into our team.
We had players Banned who would have played before him no doubt.
The Goal is a let off but we will be ready for them as that was their best, we have a much better level to hit for next week
Its worrying... Like we are never going to lose a game ever again... Its football.. shit happens

Arfield, lundstram

Understood mate, he will deservedly play next week. I'm just pointing out that he had a howler tonight and handed Malmo a goal seconds after they had scored...he's better than that.
Yep 100% also think he will be vital next week in an attacking sense... I think we can blow them away if we can get the midfield in sorted and maybe Alfie back

If Morelos is any kind of playable condition next week he has to play.
If Aribo and Hagi can make the side they should both be in.
Definitely.

The physique and skill of both Alfie and Aribo would/will make all the difference.

Also worth re-stating that Hagi would have started this game (and imo vastly improved us) if he hadn't been cynically clogged in our first league match.

And as myself and others have mentioned on here --- sometimes just feffing shoot !
It's often said: "You could get a deflection ..."

See tbh, no matter how early in the season it is, the delivery of Tav and Borna needs looked at. Surely, the gaffer fillets both of them. Set pieces etc, good chances of goals. The delivery is actually frighteningly bad. Strikers are on to plums with that service.
Agreed. Although when they did put in the occasional decent cross, Malmo dealt with it pretty easily. I think crossing into the box was a poor tactic against their defence, full stop.

I wasn’t blaming Morelos, I said whoever let him have a holiday should take the blame
He will always be a miss but we should be able to cope without him especially if we have 3 other strikers. If we qualify and he stays we don't want him running out of steam and the business end of the season. Guy is due a holiday like everyone else.

As were a number of other players. Arfield got sold a dummy like a youngster for the cross as well. Terrible night of football for most of the team but hopefully that last minute goal gives us the momentum.
That's the hope SB, I'm sure this will concentrate their minds and lead to a victory next week.
Don't want to be overly critical as we salvaged something at the end.
We can still beat Malmo, they can't get much better but we can.

Positives :
Still well in this. Looked well in the game outside a horror 3 minutes after halftime. Davis gives us a lifeline and a red hot Ibrox waits for us.

Negatives:
This thread is stinking. Get behind the team ffs. Full of negatives instead of supporting the team. I'll avoid in future. Also, they looked fitter than us by a mile.

Goldson, Arfield and Lundstram stood out tonight for all the wrong reasons. I thought all 3 were absolutely shocking. We need much, much more from a midfield than we got today.
This a fair comment.

There’s some posters who claim that some of the players are not good enough - so much so, that they’d give up the second leg before it starts, if those players are selected.

Baffling, mentality.

Some posters on here were quite chilled about us missing Morelos, with Kamara and Roofe already suspended. That was unfounded.
Will openly admit to this.

There was no reason to suspect we would be so bad defensively, and in the midfield tonight though - nothing indicated it was going to happen.

Also, the Swedes were even poorer than I expected.

But will hold my hands up, we didn’t win at the canter I expected.

What a relief!

At least we are still in with a chance next week. However, we will need to perform much better as Malmo are a well organized, physically strong, side and will be no pushovers. We need to cut out the brainfarts if we are to compete at this level.

God Bless Steven Davis

If truth be told that midfield three should never play together again. Davis tonight was a decent 6 out of 10, the other two were a waste of jerseys.
I'd like to think this was Lundstrom's first ever Euro tie and thus passed him by. Arfield as ever flatters to deceive. He can have you purring with delight in one game and shaking your head the next.

It was a collective bad day at the office, but that last gasp strike changes the complexion of the tie completely.

I fully expect to see a very cynical collection of opponents next week.

Lundstrum and Arfield are two good players but to similar,neither really have the pace to run at a defence from midfield and more suited playing short balls rather than long defence splitting balls.

Any win next week at worst gets us to extra time. If we can’t beat that team at Ibrox then we don’t deserve to go through. I fancy us strongly. I don’t think we were too bad tonight. A wee bit out of touch and under cooked perhaps. But we still basically dominated that game and were the better team. I have no idea how we lost that game and even less idea how we were two down for a chunk of it. I think we’ll be fine.

Goldson, Arfield and Lundstram stood out tonight for all the wrong reasons. I thought all 3 were absolutely shocking. We need much, much more from a midfield than we got today.
Arfield looked a mile off the pace and Lundstrom needs to be told he’s not playing for Sheffield Utd anymore

Thank F*** for Steven Davis.And oh the fucking irony of Nielsen falling to his knees slapping the ground when that goal went in with 10 seconds to go (time added on due to him and his team mate faking injury) and he (Nielsen) should have been sent off tonight .We`ll have this tie put to bed by half time next week and Nielsen won`t last the 90 minutes if he is not already suspended.

No. We had a bad night, that happens in football. We are a good side who were poor tonight.
We were playing a strong team in a 3rd round CL qualifier away from home. We didn't have a bad night, we had a tough night, and we weren't poor. We were competitive. This is the latter stages of Champions League qualifiers. There aren't going to be any routine wins at any stage in this competition.

Missing so many key players, playing players who are not match fit and playing players who are inexperienced at this level will inevitably result in a lack of team cohesion and make individual players look bad. Also, we have built up a reputation in Europe over the last 3 years which motivates the opposition against us. Playing the same players game in, game out will produce a better team but a makeshift side against decent opposition will stuggle.

I'll be honest if we didn't score that goal late on I'd be taken a holiday from here hahaahha!

Actual play well and we do that abba lot!

C'Mon Rangers! make up for ruining me birthday by pumping these runts hope they go aswell!

We were playing a strong team in a 3rd round CL qualifier away from home. We didn't have a bad night, we had a tough night, and we weren't poor. We were competitive. This is the latter stages of Champions League qualifiers. There aren't going to be any routine wins at any stage in this competition.
I do agree... Its a high level and tough match but I thought we were pretty poor by our standards tonight. Not much to take away from the game apart fro that massive goal at the end.

Back