MOTM Poll Dundee Utd v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Malmo! Fs
Dreading that now.

Not at all being dramatic when I say any optimism that I had for the season has been sucked out of me the last 180 mins. If we continue in this vein we wont be seeing 56 this year.

Problems already 2 games in. Made poor signings and there is no evidence we have stepped up in terms of quality, pace or even the stature of being champions.

TBH don’t think we deserved more than a hard fought draw so cannot complain too much. Not sure what is wrong with the team, fear of defending the title, fear of fans, lack if match sharpness.

WTF has happened to Kent. Dreadful today.
My concern is this is first game we have been had fans I and gives opposition a lift which wasn't there last year

I'm Tavs biggest fan, but on this form I hope the manager is brave enough to realise he has Patterson to call on.
He needs dropped. So does Goldson. Barisic looks like he did his first year. Kent was awful. Our “Rolls Royce”, Kamara, looked more like a Mini, and not the BMW version.

Outfought for every ball, Dundee United players soaking in sweat, our team looked like they did at the start of the game. Shambles of a performance.

Ach well I suppose it had to happen sooner than later.That’s the Dab’s fist cup final out the way,We didn’t play well but we didn’t deserve to lose.

They were first to every ball. I can't think of a player who gets pass marks. Every ball dropped to them but we just didn't compete.

Poor, result.

I’m not sure any of the players get pass marks. Maybe Davis and Helander, again?

Pretty much the whole team were a 5/10, at best.

But I 100% trust the team. I have zero issues in that sense; we’ll be fine in the league this season.

Excited for Tuesday. Back to MFJ, finally. And then again on Friday.

Sweet, times :cool::shh:B-)
Will prob be the most sensible post in this thread. To most it will be a case of league lost n whole team sold.

Deserved what they got. Not one especially in midfield would get above a 3 if you are marking them. Kamara, Kent,Davis Lundstrum all diabolical today. Aribo looked ok first half.

All about effort today. We didn’t work nearly as hard as they did. They fully deserved that win.
We put in far more effort against Real Madrid in a friendly.
I think some players only want to turn up for the “bigger” glamour games and can’t be arsed with the huff and puff of the SPL.
Maybe some should have left.

Toothless and turgid. Not one player can walk off that park saying they played out their skin today or the Malmö game. If we continue to play like this we can forget about a lot of silverware this year. Absolutely pitiful performance.

Pathetic for the second game in a row,Champions League a million miles away at the moment.
Gerrard has a massive job on Tuesday night to somehow get something out of this squad who are failing miserably at the moment.

It’s never been any different over last 3 years, a team plays backs to the wall and works like lives depending on it and we struggle, that’s not changed since Stevie G came in

We talk about our strong squad. How many of them that were really poor would be straight back out for the next game?

Humping it into the box time after time when we don’t really have any attacker you would describe as prolific in the air.

Poor performance today. Hopefully gives the players the kick up the arse they deserve.

Be interesting to hear the Managers comments on that because when you have a team when maybe 4 players get pass marks then something is clearly wrong
No response at all from them today, went backwards from Tuesday instead. That is worrying.

That was all about attitude and effort. A Dundee Utd team which went out and ran their socks off and a Rangers team which, with a couple of exceptions such as Davis, wandered about on a Saturday afternoon stroll. Our tempo was absolutely awful. You could always see that there was a reasonable chance that we were going to come unstuck there. With the exceptions of Davis and Helander, I don’t think there is a Rangers player who walked off that park today who could say that he put into that game anything like what he should have. Lundstram in particular. He had better buck up his ideas quickly because he doesn’t look good enough to play this game at walking pace.

Three points pi**ed away because our effort level was diabolical. What bit of that did the players not see coming after 20 minutes, 40 minutes, 60 minutes etc?
Perfect analysis.

the old phrase that was coming springs to mind.

The honeymoon period for being champions is over.... massive game on Tuesday now.

I couldn’t see what Lundstram would bring to the team before we signed him and he has done nothing to change that.

Absolute pish. 100% our own faults again. Couldn't match their desire and got what we deserved.

Good to see Don Robertson remains the same, 14 seconds for the minute stoppage in injury time. Lucky of the ball was in play 2 minutes of the 5 added.

Don’t want to cop a ban so I will say that was absolutely unacceptable and leave it there.

Shocking performance and result.

Absolutely fucking pathetic, some people tried to say we haven't started the season well and were shouted down
This is just a carry on from a poor pre season apart from one good performance against Madrid
Some people also say Goldson and tavernier are over rated. But watch out cause being critical makes you a mentally challenged

That was in the post, I would like to see the header count inside the DU box, they won every ball bar Goldsons, our little quick triangles of swift passing that creates openings were non existent, bad day for us.

Da
Poor, result.

I’m not sure any of the players get pass marks. Maybe Davis and Helander, again?

Pretty much the whole team were a 5/10, at best.

But I 100% trust the team. I have zero issues in that sense; we’ll be fine in the league this season.

Excited for Tuesday. Back to MFJ, finally. And then again on Friday.

Sweet, times :cool::shh:B-)
Davis was rotten today. Second half his passing was shocking.

Back