MOTM Poll Dundee Utd v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First league game lost in 18 months and we have 36 more this season to make up for it.

Malmo is the concern right now and where this leaves the players for Tuesday. Weve only got 90 minutes to make up for the 1st leg. Gerrard cant possibly start Lundstram on Tuesday.

O
That was all about attitude and effort. A Dundee Utd team which went out and ran their socks off and a Rangers team which, with a couple of exceptions such as Davis, wandered about on a Saturday afternoon stroll. Our tempo was absolutely awful. You could always see that there was a reasonable chance that we were going to come unstuck there. With the exceptions of Davis and Helander, I don’t think there is a Rangers player who walked off that park today who could say that he put into that game anything like what he should have. Lundstram in particular. He had better buck up his ideas quickly because he doesn’t look good enough to play this game at walking pace.

Three points pi**ed away because our effort level was diabolical. What bit of that did the players not see coming after 20 minutes, 40 minutes, 60 minutes etc?
I don't get this about Davis today he was pish. 2nd half he must of gave the ball away at least 5 or more times.

Reactions: dmg
Thats the first time in a while i've not seen the final whistle watching Rangers. Absolutely abysmal performance and have made a very very average Dundee United defence look somewhat decent. Couldnt find a pass, wouldnt take a shot, just didnt look like doing anything today. Very dissappointing after such a tremendous season last year that only 2 games in we have lost an unbeaten record I'm not saying I expected another unbeaten season, it will be very sticky in certain games and there will certainly be dropped points, but the nature of this defeat makes it that little bit harder to take. Ultimately, we just didnt show up today, we cannot have any more performances like Tueaday and today.

first loss in how many games & it's against a newly promoted team of journeymen & dross. well done rangers, you really showed your champion material. pathetic.

Simply not good enough. Someone above summed it up quite simple - every Utd player is absolutely dripping in sweat in what we be the hardest effort they’ve given in a game in recent times. Majority of our team barely broke a sweat. Second to every ball, awful, awful effort all round.

Pathetic.

Utd had at least 8 men behind the ball and we are trying to play through them with no space to utilize.

The absolute reluctance to shoot from outside the box is scandalous.
Totally agree. When teams are playing like that against us with a packed box, the amount of deflected goals you should be getting from shots should be high. We are terrified of shooting.

Got a fuckin cheek to ask us for a Man of the Match. The only progress since Tuesday is that no one turned up today. Absolute garbage and Lundstrum better be nowhere near the team on Tuesday.

Be interesting to hear the Managers comments on that because when you have a team when maybe 4 players get pass marks then something is clearly wrong
No response at all from them today, went backwards from Tuesday instead. That is worrying.

Goldson saying at his presser yesterday he is leaving contract talks up to his agent leaving him to concentrate on football but he is obviously distracted by it.

Embarrassing stuff. There are no excuses for that kind of inept display. Management team need to figure out why we were so bad and fix it quickly.

There's no winners from the MOTM poll. No one showed up today.

Established players...Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Davis, Kent and Kamara all seriously under par today. Only two to come away with any sort of credit were Aribo and Helander.

I feel we give teams too much respect early in the match, especially away from home. I understand the tactics is to not give them any chances the first 20 minutes but we need to come out of the traps faster and build momentum. Unfortunately they got a fortunate goal which gave them a second wind. We looked very much out of ideas after that.

Need a big response on Tuesday.

It's one defeat in 40 in the league, we are still strong favourites for the league.

However, that's 2 extremely poor performances in a row now. Goldson again with another shocker.

Midfield balance when Lundstram is on is chaotic as well.
I get what you mean but last season has been and gone, it doesn’t matter now. All that matters is pre-season and the start to this season has been miles off the required standard.

Is there anyone who thinks we can step up the required 3 or 4 gears on Tuesday?
I was so confident about Tue. Now I'm unsure how some of our players are going to react to the inferno that will be Ibrox . There will be no hiding place.

Lots of effort - lack of real quality which is worrying. We never really looked like scoring and United didn't just park the bus they actually outbattled us in midfield.

Midfield has needed some attention for some time and this season it couldn't be any clearer we need something different in there for these sort of games. All our threat comes down the channels and that is quite easy to shut off if you simply overload that area of the park.

Well that was fu***** awful, no fight, lost almost every 50/50, and looked like they wanted it more than us. Don't mind getting beat, but that performance was unacceptable! Onwards to Tuesday, we really need to up it now!

The entire teams default position is to rely on Tav. Tav for creativity, tav for goals. When he doesn’t we are often struggling.

We didn’t deserve to lose but when Davis can’t pass a ball forward, Kamara is miles away, lundstrum still thinks he’s playing in Sheffield and Kent simply doesn’t turn up it’s a battle to get a result.

the season rests on Tuesday, not just to get a result but gerrard could really do with champions league cash to inject in the team.

Poor three games in a row
Spells against Livi we were good - agreed there was a Lull in the middle but we looked like scoring - I didn’t think on Tuesday night (wrongly) or today that we were looking likely to score.

The explanation must be the effect of having home fans only, our team looks rattled from the crowds effect on them. Conversely the Utd team looked spurred on by it.

Could be good news for Tuesday if our crowd can emulate the same effect and rattle malmo whist spurring on the team.
The problem is that only usually works when you're the underdog. The vast majority of our support (rightly) expect us to beat them.

Our crowd could very easily turn on our players if we put in as shite a performance as that on Tuesday especially if we don't score in the first half.

If Malmo score first then it won't be pretty.

Reactions: dmg
When are people going to see what I see in our captain, I just don't know.

He is a massive influence and great going forward, but he is not a top defender.

Both goals in Malmö he was out of position.

He would be a better RM than RWB, when you neutrally look at his strengths and weaknesses.

I would put Kelly in before Lundstram at the moment, he just doesn't seem to fit at the moment. As for the rest, they need to put in a performance full of effort if we are to progress against Malmo.

It's one thing losing, the record was always gonna go at some point, but to go down without a whimper is unacceptable.

Totally one paced (or more accurately zero paced) even after going a goal down.

Completely dismal performance and I include the manager. His changes didn't affect the match but he should also have made them earlier.

I'll give Aribo pass marks, just. Apart from the goalie the rest were poor.

Rangers very poor today, while Dundee Utd really wanted it and it showed.Turn up like this against Malmo and well,you already know the answer to that.Must do a lot better.

Lundstram is typical of a player who comes up to Scotland not understanding the pace of the game. He thinks he will get the same space/time as England.
Gerrard should have seen this quicker today , he was an empty jersey.

Miles miles off it, not sure what lundstram offers so the side doesn’t look to be this imposing powerhouse in midfield he was spoke up to be, midfield was just poor barely took control in the first half and absolutely no drive at all. Play even close to that on Tuesday and we’re out

What's wrong with Barisic? Last season he was crossing a ball pinpoint with the first touch, every single time now he's stopping the ball, rolling it forward then crossing it giving the opposite time to close him down and his crosses rarely beat the first man. He was turgid today. Doesn't merit a place over Bassey on the last couple of performances.
Borna looks not up to speed

We’ve been here before. You’d have thought the players would have learnt by now to take a shot when you get a chance. At least 3 times in that game rather than taking a shot early we pissed about with it and created nothing.
In all honesty, just like Malmö, we were comfortable and in complete control. The united goal had the same touch of fortune as the second for Malmö. Much as we went at our best today I thought united git the rub of the green

They run out of steam at the beginning of the second half and instead of applying pressure we were pissing around passing in midfield when they scored they came back to life from then on it was downhill very poor performance from us every loose ball went to them and on the occasion we got one we didn't know what to do with it.

We haven't played well yet in 3 competitive games Livi was dreadful until late goals glossed over it, malmo was piss poor and made to look better as we scored but still lost. Today was just a carry on from Tuesday lundrstram is a championship clogger nothing more allows the guy to run away from him and doesn't bother his arse to track he has not improved that midfield it's regressed. Gerrard shoulders the decisions and style chopping and changing is not helping, but we have not performed even in a 45min half yet in competitive football.

Back