MOTM Poll Dundee Utd v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Playing like a team that thinks all they have to do is show up to win. They had fkin Charlie Mulgrew at centre back and we should have been running in behind him all game, instead we had 500 square passes across the midfield and all Mulgrew was missing was a deck chair.

Wrong tactics / team selection

Hopefully thats the last time we see a flat midfield 3 of kamara, davis and lundstrum together against jobber spl teams. It's similar to the issue we had with kamara, davis and jack.

On Lundstrum, he looks poor but I don't understand asking him to play in a flat 3. He was in line with Davis to the right most of the game. He's got to be played further forward particularly in a team with Kamara & Davis.

Gerrard also got to take the blame for being slow to change it. We could have made a double change on 55 or 60 mins rather than wait

zero urgency, zero fight and yet again zero upfront, Kents performance was an absolute disgrace, that right side of defence a shambles once again, substitutions were baffling, Goldson/Kamara a shadow of last season, Aribo was the main man first half but yet again as soon as he gets players who get in about him he can't handle it, Mcgregor on bench for what? yes I know mclaughlin done nothing wrong etc etc but I want leaders on that park in these games and not play 2nd string keepers to keep them happy, pathetic performance

Difference today was Dundee Utd, emptied their tanks on that pitch today, whereas we went for a stroll on the park.
I fear for the Malmö game, I really do.

Looked like those previous early season performances the last two years at Livi. We could have been there until tomorrow and not scored. Terrible levels of effort. Living off last season and believing all the hype about how easy 56 will be. Malmö just got a huge confidence boost.

First league game lost in 18 months and we have 36 more this season to make up for it.

Malmo is the concern right now and where this leaves the players for Tuesday. Weve only got 90 minutes to make up for the 1st leg. Gerrard cant possibly start Lundstram on Tuesday.
Has to be Davis, Arfield & Aribo in midfield. Lundstram has made a very poor start to his Rangers career.

When are we going to sign a midfield player who can drive at defences and score goals. Davis and kamara have 2 league goals between them in over 130 appearances!!!!.

I’m bitterly disappointed. We had to get beat at some point, but we are lucky in a lot of ways that C@lyric will also lose games. I’m sure we’ll catch a grip soon. We are Rangers.

Not one break of the ball all day
Exactly how I felt! Summed up in the last seconds when Mulgrew falls on the ball and it breaks easy for his goalie. Every mishit from a Dundee United player fell lovely for another of their players or bounced off a Rangers player for a shy or a goal-kick. They won't carry that amount of luck for the rest of the season.
More worrying is the lack of shots on goal from us.

We were poor today. Unacceptable. Looked like we were thinking about Malmo.

Gave up a flukey goal and then struggled to play through a deep lying team.

We need to wake up. Season has started.

Starting Morelos (who had a good first half)with a view to the Malmo game was just daft the management team took their eye off the ball.
Roofe and Itten and Wright should have played as they have been scoring pr-season and Roofe/Wright scored in the first game.

The manager has made a mess of that today.

3 holding midfielders against a team who play long.
Lundstram is pedestrian technically decent but no pace. Davis is not a box to box player so the whole midfield is slow.
Their goal was a fluke deflection off SD but we never looked like we would score. Tav out of position as a defender and the boy ran off Connor. We looked miles off champions.

Absolute garbage today. No divine right to win but we have to do better than that. For all we are mocking that lot, we’ve not done much better so far. Two defeats in three and played at best averagely in each game.

It’s never been any different over last 3 years, a team plays backs to the wall and works like lives depending on it and we struggle, that’s not changed since Stevie G came in

Yes agreed its been the same in all the time I have watched Rangers. We are every teams cup final so our attitude and work rate needs to be top notch in every game otherwise this happens.

Poor poor performance far far too many off the pace but its a long season so not worried yet. Having said that I am worried about Tuesday :(.

He needs dropped. So does Goldson. Barisic looks like he did his first year. Kent was awful. Our “Rolls Royce”, Kamara, looked more like a Mini, and not the BMW version.

Outfought for every ball, Dundee United players soaking in sweat, our team looked like they did at the start of the game. Shambles of a performance.
Godson is a bombscare the now.

Problems already 2 games in. Made poor signings and there is no evidence we have stepped up in terms of quality, pace or even the stature of being champions.
Financial gamble made to not push on and hope for CL money. I understand it. But it's a tough decision to stand still when ahead and it might cost us.

Lundstram is pedestrian technically decent but no pace. Davis is not a box to box player so the whole midfield is slow.
Their goal was a fluke deflection off SD but we never looked like we would score. Tav out of position as a defender and the boy ran off Connor. We looked miles off champions.

I said this against Malmö.

Davis and Lundstram should not be in the team together.

It is one or the other, with Davis first choice every day of the week.

Utter pish. Morelos gets a pass today, the rest of them were hopeless. Special mentions to Goldson, Tav, Lundstram and Kent today who took pish to anothet level this afternoon. Saw this coming a mike away. We passed the mentality test last season, that counts for absolutely nothing this season.

In a nutshell.

They didn't just "want" it more, they probably deserved it.

I didn't think we'd get through this season unbeated, but to have it confirmed SO feffing early is galling.

A load of players on there hardly consolidating their starting places.

A midfield of Davis, Kamara and Lundtram is too defensive and imo lacking in creativity.
Especially when the latter two don't look as if they've fully woken up yet.

And yet again this routine of battering crosses into the box, when we're getting absolutely NO joy from them at all.
Did we see one of our players try to run into their box today with the ball ?

I'm a Stevie Gerrard fan, but this was his fault today -- everybody and their dug could see that we needed Wright on to inject urgency, and it took conceding a goal (plus several minutes) for that to transpire.

Not a good day.

And at the risk of repetition, we STILL NEED that creative midfielder.
Yeah but watching us in pre season nothing has changed apart from Real Madrid we have been shocking so far and continued that today.

I'm trying not to get worried but we never looked like scoring today.

Malmo is the biggest game of our season we need that UCL money and I can't say I'm looking forward to it the way we've been playing.

Lundstrum I don't know man shouldn't be starting needs to earn his place.

We have too many similar players in midfield we need a different option.

Haste ye back Ryan Jack!

Reactions: dmg
Well, this is alarming - we have been so, so poor today (& in Malmo) - where do we start.

I can't remember such a poor performance from every player in the team - pass marks for no-one am afraid.

Pumping useless high ball after useless high ball into the box & not finding a blue jersey. The midfield playing tip tap around the centre circle when we desperately needed a goal

Them coming off having given everything, us looking as if we just finished a light training session.

The tone was set before the match when Gerrard talked about weathering their storm for the first 20 minutes - I could not believe my ears. What on earth have we got to be afraid of?!? Why could WE as champions not come out & batter THEM for the first 20 minutes - it would most likely have been game over!

Barisic, Tav, Goldson, Kamara, Kent, Lundstram particularly awful.

Last season McGregor sticks out his left foot and saves that (maybe today too ?) and then the Goldson header at 71 minutes goes inside the post instead of just outside and we win 1-0. We are where we are and this season is going to be pretty tough I think. Dundee will not put more effort into any game this season but were still fortunate to take all 3 points. Kent and Lundstram very poor I'm afraid.

Yeam choice was wrong. Wright should have started and Aribo in midfield for Lundstram and attacked them from the off not this we'll see how it goes for 20mins pish. Run at them not crosses into box.
Play like that on Tuesday and the fans wont be long in letting the players know

I can't pick a man of the match. Even in defeats there is normally someone who at least put in a shift and did alright, but everyone was shit.

Back