Parking Near Ibrox

Coatbridge_Bear72

Taking my boy to only his 2nd game on Friday night, first one was before COVID put a stop to fans.

Looking for best place to park? I used to park at the Glasgow Club Palace of Art car park and walk it but not sure if this is still possible?

Anywhere in the Dumbreck area is good if you're early. Just a 10 min walk to the Stadium from there.
Side of the road you mean?

Been 2008 since I drove right to a game and I would park at the school of art but seen online it’s shut just now so wasn’t sure if car park would also be shut.

Usually get the subway but thought taking the wee man would be better in the car.

Torridon Avenue (over the bridge) will be fine 1.5 hours before kick off.

10 minute walk to stadium. 5 mins to get on to the motorway after the game, regardless of how busy Ibrox is (last night, I left at the whistle and was on FF in the gaff (EK) by 1015pm).

Side note here but the getting out of the Albion was a joke last night. Was just the cherry on top of the cake of a horrendous night.

Anyone know how to change the ticket type on the website from adult to child? :/
If i select 3 seats and put them in my basket i can't change them from adult tickets.. was BR2 I was looking at.

Anyone know how to change the ticket type on the website from adult to child? :/
If i select 3 seats and put them in my basket i can't change them from adult tickets.. was BR2 I was looking at.
Register child accounts and then add them to your friends and family.
Assign a ticket against each child using drop down menu.

Parking last night was a Nightmare, must have driven round for 40 mins trying to park, had to park on the pavement below a tree in the hope they couldn't tow me away, it's only going to get worse when GCC impose the parking ban next month, not everyone can travel on supporters buses, and due to my work I have to drive. Its going to put off a lot of supporters going to the game.

Parking last night was a Nightmare, must have driven round for 40 mins trying to park, had to park on the pavement below a tree in the hope they couldn't tow me away, it's only going to get worse when GCC impose the parking ban next month, not everyone can travel on supporters buses, and due to my work I have to drive. Its going to put off a lot of supporters going to the game.
Where are you hearing that?

If you're up early enough you can park easily in Drumoyne, and it's about a ten minute walk to Ibrox.

It’s all about timing.

I’ve been parking over the bridge since going there as a child with my Grandad.

If you turn up 1 hour before kick off, you’ll struggle.

Where are you hearing that?
The council meeting were supposed to take place in February regarding imposing match day parking restrictions around Ibrox and Parkhead, they were postponed due to covid but a spokesman has said they plan to go ahead with their plans, both Rangers and Celtic are against this but the council say the public around the grounds are pushing for it to go through, we were talking about it at the game last night, if you Google about it it also comes up. Hope the clubs fight for it to be scrapped.

The council meeting were supposed to take place in February regarding imposing match day parking restrictions around Ibrox and Parkhead, they were postponed due to covid but a spokesman has said they plan to go ahead with their plans, both Rangers and Celtic are against this but the council say the public around the grounds are pushing for it to go through, we were talking about it at the game last night, if you Google about it it also comes up. Hope the clubs fight for it to be scrapped.
From Glasgow Live-

Parking control plans for 11 areas across Glasgow are expected to be finished by 2023 after “significant” Covid-19 delays.

Glasgow City Council’s current workplan – which includes match day parking zones at Celtic Park and Ibrox – aims to tackle intrusive motorists.

Measures used to combat issues include controlled parking zones, restricted parking zones or event day parking zones.

Residents and businesses can get permits to park in congestion-hit areas under the schemes.

A council report reveals that current projects have “experienced significant delays over the past 12 months as a result of Covid-19” but are expected to be complete by the end of 2023.

Move in next to a football stadium then complain about supporters parking in their streets, makes total sense.

There was a private carpark on broomy road before covid only a fiver well worth it in my opinion as everywhere else is miles away from the stadium

need to make the children accounts and register them as friends and family now

What is Mosspark Boulevard like for parking this season? Parked there pre Covid and it was good for a quick getaway towards the southside.

Taking my boy to only his 2nd game on Friday night, first one was before COVID put a stop to fans.

Looking for best place to park? I used to park at the Glasgow Club Palace of Art car park and walk it but not sure if this is still possible?
They have put bollards in place so no longer able to park on the grass etc but can still park in the parking spaces

If I were you I’d park at Bellahouston Gym

What is Mosspark Boulevard like for parking this season? Parked there pre Covid and it was good for a quick getaway towards the southside.
It was busy last night. Lots of wee streets off it you can park on, especially alongside the bowling club. Think that's just at the edge of the exclusion zone so if it ever comes in this will be the closest you can park. Going to be a nightmare for Mosspark

GCC are at it. My in laws live on one of the streets and I park there every game. The locals don’t give a fuck providing their driveways aren’t blocked.
I see them (some of the house owners) congregating before some games. A few of them are fannies.

They were laughing at cars parked up on the wrong pavement v Brighton. I commented on it in a thread at the time.

Thankfully, no wardens were floating about because none of the cars had tickets when I was walking back.

It was the same v Malmö, a load of cars parked up where there are clear signs saying you can’t park.

I see them (some of the house owners) congregating before some games. A few of them are fannies.

They were laughing at cars parked up on the wrong pavement v Brighton. I commented on it in a thread at the time.

Thankfully, no wardens were floating about because none of the cars had tickets when I was walking back.

It was the same v Malmö, a load of cars parked up where there are clear signs saying you can’t park.

If the wardens are in the area they normally wait at the bottom of the bridge on Urrdale Road. They make the rules up as they go along.

I’ve probably saved around 20 bears from getting tickets or towed over the years.

This was the worst incident though.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...d-Ibrox-area-on-matchdays.66268/#post-3572232

Torridon Avenue (over the bridge) will be fine 1.5 hours before kick off.

10 minute walk to stadium. 5 mins to get on to the motorway after the game, regardless of how busy Ibrox is (last night, I left at the whistle and was on FF in the gaff (EK) by 1015pm).

Exactly where i park every game. Perfect for walking down and for getting on the motorway after

Problem I have is getting a place near enough that the old man can comfortably walk.

We currently use Sheildhall Rd but while its 15 mins for me is 30 mins for him and after the game he tries to push it aware we will all be waiting.

Not good at his age.

Problem I have is getting a place near enough that the old man can comfortably walk.

We currently use Sheildhall Rd but while its 15 mins for me is 30 mins for him and after the game he tries to push it aware we will all be waiting.

Not good at his age.
A supporters bus not an option?

How long before kick off would you need to be at Shields Road station car park to get a space?
Anybody got any experience of this?
And probably a bit of a stretch here but does anyone know the height restriction? I’ve googled it to death but can’t find it listed anywhere

How long before kick off would you need to be at Shields Road station car park to get a space?
Anybody got any experience of this?
And probably a bit of a stretch here but does anyone know the height restriction? I’ve googled it to death but can’t find it listed anywhere
Got a space here no problem on Tuesday an hour before and plenty space. Not sure about height but there is loads of outdoor spaces so shouldn’t matter. 25 minutes walk back rather than the Subway queue!

Does anyone know if you can just turn up and pay at the Albion tomorrow? And what time it opens?

Back