MOTM Poll Rangers v Dunfermline - 19:30 Friday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Missed roofe and kamara so much on tues. Both fearless at taking the ball in tight spaces and not afraid to try the risky move or pass.

Excellent performance. Would like to see Kelly get some minutes - not sure we need to bring on kent.

Thoughts on the first half.

Bassey has looked very comfortable at left back. There's an argument to be made for Barasic getting the jersey back because Bassey has done absolutely nothing wrong so far. Admittedly it is only Dunfermline, but so far he's doing well. Patterson on the other side is doing well too.

Goldson looks like he's got his head up his arse at times. Very slack on a couple of occasions, but again it's Dunfermline. No real risk.

Lundstram is strolling it. Only doing as much as he has to. It's difficult to really judge if he's having a good game because of that. Kamara needs this as he's short on sharpness. Aribo again showing why he's never a central midfielder and should only be played further forward.

Roofe needs game time for his sharpness.

I think if we're changing things then the change has to be Kelly for Hagi. Hagi has again picked up a wee niggle. No point risking that becoming a knock that keeps him out the first leg of the Europa qualifier. Absolutely no need to put Kent on and risk him, even if he might benefit from a bit of confidence. Get Kelly on for 45 minutes as we just don't know if we'll maybe need him at some point. Push Aribo forward. There is absolutely no need to risk Kent in this game or to keep Hagi on and risk him missing the Europa game.

Really good first half, hopefully builds confidence and momentum.
Still concerned about Goldson at the back and the least said about Simpson the better.
Plenty positives overall though.

Bassey and Hagi have been immense Simpson still a worry. Get young Kelly and Itten on to give them some game time and build their confidence.

Great half. Bassey, Hagi, Aribo, Wright, Kamara so good and the reintroduction of Roofe is superb.
PS - I can’t stand the sight of that prick Grant. Is he bitter or stupid or both? I wonder how many balls studded with razor blades he has had to dodge so far?

Same score if Barasic and Tav started?? I'm not convinced. Bassey having a great game, as is Patterson
I felt Bassey and Patterson drove us forward they’re playing with high energy and always showing for the ball it’s great to see and the tempo has just been outstanding so far just need to keep the concentration for the second half

Never heard any pundit speak so much without actually saying anything, total rent-a-gub.
He does love the sound of his own voice and some of his sound bites really are nonsense.

That being said when we won the league 04/05he absolutely tortured the Celtic players that day with his nonstop sledging. Also had a very decent game when I watched it back recently.

Borna after watching that first half.
7b4f66d6e71b03547f8fbf96dec7d283.jpg

Goldson isn't really at the races I feel. But he hasn't missed a game since ages, I wonder if that might be a factor.

Overusing a player is a thing.

Not at all, Simpson always looks like he has a mistake in him, anytime he’s near our box battling an attacker you just know he’s the potential to over play instead of just getting rid
Some guys just can't handle being a Ranger and he looks like a bombscare, although that ball across the box from Goldson at the end there was dreadful and he hasn't played well either.

We're playing a poor side but a lot to be pleased about.

We need to keep the pressure on second half and give the fans something to enjoy.

Good performance. The players seem hungry. Some nice inter-play, especially around the box. Everyone is up for it. Lundstram needs time to bed in. Simpson still not the player I half expected. Kamara makes a big difference to the team. A calming influence. Aribo and Hagi both been good. Roofe - what a goal. I'd like to see us piling on more goals but we'll probably take the foot off the pedal. No complaints. 4-0 pretty good.

Can't argue with what Ally has just said this 45 is everything we were missing in the second 45 on Tuesday.

Bassey has been outstanding, Hagi brilliant if he can stay injury free. Wright not having a bad game either.

Big Bassey has been top drawer this half. Young Patterson isn't far behind him either. Some breathtaking one touch football and no diagonal high balls into the box and 4 goals up at half time. Coincidence?
Because Hagi and Aribo are taking it into feet and Roofe is dropping off rather than looking for everything back stick. To say nothing of the full backs being released with forward slips not picking it up from a slow square pass 30 yards from the opponents goal.

i've been very critical of bassey however he's played really well from what i've seen since he started those pre season games, tonight he's my man of the match

I think it’s fair to say our malaise is over.
Would be giving minutes now to Morelos, and Itten if they are playing on Thursday.
Hope Kent also comes on, and we get him firing on all cylinders.

Big Bassey has stepped it up a couple of notches from last season.

Roofe looking sharp!

Kamara and Aribo strolling it.

Bassey is at this point of the season ahead of Borna in regards to mental attitude and fitness.
He looks very hungry.

He lacked composure last season, this season so far he looks hugely improved, his deliveries especially.

He deserves to keep his slot.

Because Hagi and Aribo are taking it into feet and Roofe is dropping off rather than looking for everything back stick. To say nothing of the full backs being released with forward slips not picking it up from a slow square pass 30 yards from the opponents goal.
Roofe has absolutely immense instincts for space and movement in and around the box. Reads the game amazingly well and so sharp at reacting. Great attacking player to watch.

On merit right now, he’s our starting left back.
100% agreed. I was thinking that even based on the friendlies. I understand why Borna came back in but he was the one starter from last season whose place has been on a knife edge for me, and he's just not looking fully fit right now. Really wonder if Bassey might have made a difference in either Malmo game. Probably not game changing but he might have put their defence under pressure with his directness.

That's an interesting point. Guess we won't know for sure until we're up against heavier opposition, but the balance does seem a lot better than it has recently. That said, i think having Hagi on has also made a big difference to how the play is being dictated.

Yes, the opposition are a major factor. I think at times people delegate/defer too much to Davis instead of helping him by taking on more responsibility.

It would be a big call to leave out SD, though.

That cross from Bassey for the header from Hagi, sublime, it does seem that Bassey has really been working on his crossing

Reactions: fmp
He's not played well this first half.
He's been alright. fed Bassey down the left a few times, moved the ball centrally well.

Clearly still needs to get used to guys the same size as him battering through him and having about half a second less on the ball due to pressing.

Doesn't help that Goldson is has gone back to feeding everyone hospital passes and generally been weird when defending simple stuff.

We're looking great against poor opposition and playing some excellent football. We're not being pressed at all, mind.

Loving this. 1st to everything which is the big change feom last year. This team is hungry and that's what it means to put the shirt on.

Back