MOTM Poll Alashkert v Rangers - 16:00 Thursday - BBC Scotland

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was an awkward game that we made more complicated than it had to be. However, we still created 4 or 5 clear cut chances and on another day we're out of sight by HT. Don't think we were ever in danger of conceding and honestly can't remember McCrorie having anything to do.

We will need to be much better on Sunday, but we're through after a tough week. I'm happy enough

Honestly some of the comments here sound like the shark barrier throwers from the mhutants support last season.

I mean the result was fine in the end but if you are talking levels of performance, that was so, so far below what we all know this group of players are capable of it’s actually difficult to comprehend.

The criticism is justified in my opinion.

Hated every second of that 2nd half.

I'm giving them a bit of slack because it looked boiling out there but I never want to see a performance like that again.

Only positive is that we should have decent money coming in - we need to spend that wisely in the next few days as this team needs a fresh impetus.

Game itself just made me mad for approx 100 minutes of tedium - there's absolutely no fun in watching us right now.

You can bet anything ye waant that the fiddlers are treating us as cannon fodder.

Job done tonight, now onto Sunday.

Poor performance there is no doubt but we are in the draw and that's all that matters.

Sunday will take care of its self and I'm still confident.

Selling the fans short just now it has to be said.

Havent really kicked a ball in anger and lacking a bit of leadership to get us going on the park.

I hate players who play in wee bursts in get credit for it, I want players to grab hold of the match not do wee twists and turns

Reminded me
A hard watch. Too ponderous. Morelos was rotten tonight, although to be fair a few of them were. We are through and that's all that matters.
big time of Gazza's first games. 1-0 home win thanks to Jukebox, followed by an awful 0-0 in tremendous heat in Famagusta. WATP and we are back. Draw tomorrow at 11 am

Hopefully some energy conserved. Straight to the airport, get back, get rested and then put timmy to the sword.

Maybe even sign a player now the cash can be banked.

Very fortunate that Alashkert are a shite football team for we didn't play well at all. Only Aribo, Patterson, Helander and Kamara escape with pass marks for me.

Well it's safe to say that's our worst performance in Europe since Stevie G arrived. Mitigating factors are the Covid outbreak, the heat, and some bad luck. However, I don't think I've seen Alfie play as bad, and the team generally didn't show any of the freedom and flair we've shown in three previous seasons. We were dull and lacking will to win.
We've made the Europa League. And that's the primary objective achieved. But start producing some form Rangers, and a new signing would help too.

Phew-GIF.gif

That was rough on the ticker... we need to really go for it on Sunday and get the fire back.

That was painful.

Yes it was warm, there's suspensions and covid but that team were dug meat, absolute pish

It's been a slow start to the season but they'd better get their finger out pronto.

30C temperatures, long flight to Armenia, large part of the squad out due to Covid, including the manager, our keeper hardly touched the ball and we have a game against the Scum on Sunday . Never under any threat and probably played exactly to plan - the manager will not be displeased with this performance. Can't say the same for FF, where some seem to think we should be winning 5-0 away in Europe !!

Pleased we are through. Still not at our best but played within ourselves the second half. Put that down to the conditions. Very hot and energy sapping conditions for our players. Aribo my motm. Should have won comfortably. Goes to show that no matter the opposition these days, it is never easy. There was one heart stopping moment when the ball played into our penalty area, but luckily, the big cf missed it completely. Now on to Sunday. Full rest for the players. Get back safely.

The result was the most important aspect of the match because of the financial implications.

We move on and sort these performances out. Taking all into account.

a) Players back late from Euros
b) Long term injuries
c) Covid absences
d) New players not settling
e) Switching players continually
f) SMSM wanking over a style of football never encountered in the history of the game.

I can give the players a bit of slack but on Sunday it starts.

Deep breath. Calm.

Fucking hell. He’s the one who’s fired is through to the groups over the last few years, the one who’s scored the only goal of the tie and and the one who’s scored consistently in the groups in bigger games against better opposition.

Put the bottle down.
He missed 3 sitters, I understand he has scored important goals before, its called an opinion. You think his performances in Europe this season merit some fantasy 25m price tag we seem to have on him? Imo those types of players take at least 1 of those chances.

Back