MOTM Poll Alashkert v Rangers - 16:00 Thursday - BBC Scotland

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some absolute moon howlers on here. A few have players they cant stand and pray for nights like this.
They are absolute cunts mate, who needs fans like these. We are having a wee rocky patch, all team do. We support our team through thick and thin.

This is the start of the season and the amount of bile and surrender monkey pish from so called fans is embarrassing.

We're through to the group stages but that was a really poor performance from us on the park. Even worse than that for me is we played 100 minutes (+5 in both halfs) in 98.6F heat and humidity and we only made 1 substitute throughout the whole game. Absolutely shocking running the boys into the ground like that! They'll have lost 2-3kg during the game.
We always seem too scared to play a youngster, have done for years.

I know it was a pressure game but the players on the pitch were dead on their feet and not performing well at all.

Thr

Thread is full of absolute bawbags that you never see commenting when we are playing well.

They all come out the woodwork like crying wee bitches to stick the knife into everyone/anyone.

They’re not Rangres fans mate, but if they are, they are like you say, a bunch of surrender monkey, entitled, woke, shitebags who’ve never had anything bad/difficult happen to them in their life and probably offended by everything.

Threads are great for outing them and ignoring them too.

100%.

if they are genuine Rangers fans then they need to get back on the pills or go to a doctor at get some, the misery they must lead is sad.

We are a man up in the 2nd half, our performance drops and they look more dangerous, that wasn't good enough. We played well in the 1st half and missed too many chances. I'd say this was a mediocre performance but we are through into the Europa League which is our objective. Our weak bench didn't help us in the 2nd half, they used a lot of substitutes in the heat.

Missed the game due to work, although it wasn’t the competition I wanted to be playing in, I’m more than happy with another 3 EL nights at Ibrox

once again we can’t beat ten men. Pleased for the club we can get some cash if crowds are still allowed in the group stages. I thought we were poor considering what was at stake. Roofe now needs to show he is our new striker. Alfie passed one through their keepers legs and got lucky to get us through And tonight was poor.
Delighted at the result and well done Aribo who looked. like he gave everything while others looked tired.
Must improve for Sunday.
Not a disaster and the right result.

Not the best but:

Realistically we would have Mcgregor, tav, bassey, kent and possibly wright or roofe starting tonight

Crippling heat
Half the first team out

Take any result but wary of the performance
Dont think anything can be taken from it

That was not enjoyable but at least we are in group stages again

It was a tough watch 2nd half but hopefully we get a couple back for Sunday

I'm struggling to be positive after that.

Opposition were no better than Progres Niederkorn, so I suppose at least they didn't beat us.

We have so many players off the pace right now it's scary.
Tend to agree, thank goodness we actually got through, which is the only positive.

The big fear I have about many of this team is that they ran their race for us last season (and deserve credit for it) and they won't be able to find those levels again for us, for a variety of reasons - there's certainly not much sign of it so far this season.

The thinking that we will get astronomical transfer fees for the likes of Barisic, Alfie & Hagi & all will be well, I hope that none of their suitors were watching tonight.

Honestly not caring about that performance.
Not one eyelid will be batted looking back on this night in ten years time either.
Bring on the manks.

Our performance was underwhelming, but I'm happy to be through. Hopefully it'll be long forgotten by the back of two on Sunday.

We were that bad I am waiting on a surge of tickets for Sunday going on sale in the Ticket office thread, thought not.

On the one hand, we created enough chances to win comfortably, came away without any injuries or further suspensions, for the most part looked comfortable (Barasic excepted), and have plenty of scope for improvement. And, given we still got the required outcome, better to not take our chances tonight than on Sunday.

But on the other hand, Barasic is a worry in defence if Bassey is ineligible, and concerning that we're getting stuck into a habit of playing games in second gear - could be a hard habit to get out of.

Ultimately we achieved our aim of qualifying.

But there’s no use in having a go at fans for demanding more. You can’t bury your head in the sand at a club like this.

It’s the standards that we demand that makes us a big club so when they drop below that for a period of time fans are right to demand more.

I hate players who play in wee bursts in get credit for it, I want players to grab hold of the match not do wee twists and turns

Guessing this is aimed at Aribo? He was one of the few who looked like he actually had something about him tonight and in that heat you can't grab a hold of games.

Great to have Kamara back but that midfield is badly lacking somebody who can create the link between front to back - we just don't have that.

Another horrific display from Hagi tonight - just when you think he has turned the corner he puts in a couldn't give a toss about it performance like that where nothing came off. He can't be trusted - he is either great or a man down, which to be fair he isn't alone.

He missed 3 sitters, I understand he has scored important goals before, its called an opinion. You think his performances in Europe this season merit some fantasy 25m price tag we seem to have on him? Imo those types of players take at least 1 of those chances.

You think 3 or 4 years of scoring in Europe against quality sides is erased by 1 game? You’re entitled to your opinion, as wild and nonsensical as it is.

We are a man up in the 2nd half, our performance drops and they look more dangerous, that wasn't good enough. We played well in the 1st half and missed too many chances. I'd say this was a mediocre performance but we are through into the Europa League which is our objective. Our weak bench didn't help us in the 2nd half, they used a lot of substitutes in the heat.

Job done which is the most important thing (if they'd sneaked one we may well have lost in extra-time so it is a relief). Perhaps we just had to manage the heat today.

Will look forward to the draw tomorrow before thinking about Sunday which we hope will be a contrast to the overall performance.

We always seem too scared to play a youngster, have done for years.

I know it was a pressure game but the players on the pitch were dead on their feet and not performing well at all.
Maybe because we have a set of fans who are f**ken merciless. They expect miracles immediately.

The one club that has had a problem bringing through young players for the last 50 years has been Rangers. The Tim's, Aberdeen and Dundee utd had players who should have been through the doors at Ibrox.

You think 3 or 4 years of scoring in Europe against quality sides is erased by 1 game? You’re entitled to your opinion, as wild and nonsensical as it is.
Not saying its erased but clubs don't go “that player was brilliant 2-3 years ago” do they when they are buying someone, they do it based on current up to date form. Calm down.

Job done and it was hugely important that we qualified again for the group stage. Lose tonight and it would have serious repercussions for our season. On to Sunday and copious amounts of alcohol to calm me down.

Ultimately we achieved our aim of qualifying.

But there’s no use in having a go at fans for demanding more. You can’t bury your head in the sand at a club like this.

It’s the standards that we demand that makes us a big club so when they drop below that for a period of time fans are right to demand more.
But it's a standard that they, the players themselves had set last season. Hopefully it's just a "blip" ?

Created 8 or 9 clear goal scoring opportunities over the two legs sonour overall play not as bad as some in here believe. Why is our conversion to goals so utterly dreadful?

Back