St Boooooooo fan.

amabluestar

Have been up in the club most of the day, cutting grass, hedges etc.
One of our older members is a St Mirren fan who was telling me this afternoon that the next home game against the poets,they will not be getting any tickets. pay back time he called it.
Good on them.
Also saying to me get right in about them on Sunday.
They are a good family of protestants, and all NO supporters.B-)

Worked in Hillington for many years with the location being close enough to Paisley/Renfrewshire we had quite a few workers from there and quite a few St Mirren fans during my time. Don't mind them at all.
Paisley was a great night out back in the day too
Tragic what's happened to paisley. Did you ever make your way to the taxi rank after the clubs came out for the live boxing.

Friday and Saturday live fight night :))

A lot of them are chunts obviously but not all. Don't like to judge every single fan based on the general opinion I have of their club and fans. There are odd ones that are ok . I have a mate that's a st mirren fan and he hates the bheasts more than most.
He keeps banging on about some injustice nakamura free kick against st mirren. He even used to get ripped into them more than me in work.

I’m from Paisley originally. I can tell you that St Mirren fans hate them as much as they hate us.
They have had managers who have supported both sides. The man in charge right now is as rhabid Tim as them come.
Yep, the surrounding towns here are loaded with St Mirren fans.

Ergo, a lot of my mates are St Mirren fans, they find both sides of the old firm as ridiculous as the other.

My worst memory was the Tims winning the league at Love Street in 1986,they beat them 5-1 and Hearts bottled it against Dundee at Dens Park.
Frank McGarvey admitted to not trying that day a few years ago,he wasn't the only one! :mad:

Last edited:
Have been up in the club most of the day, cutting grass, hedges etc.
One of our older members is a St Mirren fan who was telling me this afternoon that the next home game against the poets,they will not be getting any tickets. pay back time he called it.
Good on them.
Also saying to me get right in about them on Sunday.
They are a good family of protestants, and all NO supporters.B-)
The only St Mirren fan I know is staunch NO.

Also, Labour lawyer and blogger Ian Smart is a St Mirren fan and staunch NO.

I appreciate my sample might not be representative…

Tragic what's happened to paisley. Did you ever make your way to the taxi rank after the clubs came out for the live boxing.

That was its big downside, getting back to Glasgow. I stayed in Pollok those days. Walked that Glasgow Road /Paisley Rd W don't know how many times. Couldn't flag a Taxi until you were in the Glasgow boundary.

As for St Mirren, I think their Scottish Cup win united Paisley's Rangers, Celtic and St Mirren fans for a day. Every man, woman and dog left Paisley that day for Hampden.
I still remember my workmate and St Mirren diehard's pished coupon in a photo taken with him and Ian Ferguson holding the SC
Told me he said to Ferguson "Your no gonna go to Rangers are you?"
Ferguson replied "What do you think" :)) :)) :))
It Kinda ruined his night

Last edited:

The taxi rank, and that area in general, was always to be avoided unless absolutely necessary. Saying that, seen many more battles in Glasgow city centre than I ever seen in Paisley, despite going out much more in Paisley. Was only involved in three battles in nearly 20 years going out in Paisley, which is not bad going.

I live in the town , couldn’t tell you the last time I went out there though. Quick train up to Glasgow. As for St Mirren fans I know a few and to be fair the ones I know nip over the water mid July so they’re not all bad ha

Being from Paisley as well, I know a few of their fans. The only one I'm still good mates with though absolutely hates Sturgeon and the SNP, as well as the bheasts. Admittedly, he's no great fan of ours but that's ok as long as he hates them. :))

Worked in Hillington for many years with the location being close enough to Paisley/Renfrewshire we had quite a few workers from there and quite a few St Mirren fans during my time. Don't mind them at all.
Paisley was a great night out back in the day too
I also worked in Hillington for years and 2 St.mirren fans I worked with were good guys. I asked one of them why he didn't like Rangers and he said it was only because we were the biggest team in Scotland but preferred us to that other lot whom he hated. The other guy always spoke to me more about Rangers than he did his own team and was genuinely happy when we won in European games or against celtic.

Both my father and brother were St Mirren supporters so i do tend to want to see them do well and the fans that i know were equally as angry about some of their players celebrating with the filth team in 86.
As a fan base they are a bit strange as they seem to hate everyone

Since moving to Paisley never had any derisory remarks directed to me when I never conceal that my loyalty is to Rangers. However, the Paisley people have no time for anyone brought up in the town, who are Rangers supporters.

Both my father and brother were St Mirren supporters so i do tend to want to see them do well and the fans that i know were equally as angry about some of their players celebrating with the filth team in 86.
As a fan base they are a bit strange as they seem to hate everyone
Abercrombie
Fitzpatrick

Those two I remember ..
But there were more.

I’ll finally have to ask after years of wondering. Why are they called St Boo by some on here?

Back