St Boooooooo fan.

That was its big downside, getting back to Glasgow. I stayed in Pollok those days. Walked that Glasgow Road /Paisley Rd W don't know how many times. Couldn't flag a Taxi until you were in the Glasgow boundary.

As for St Mirren, I think their Scottish Cup win united Paisley's Rangers, Celtic and St Mirren fans for a day. Every man, woman and dog left Paisley that day for Hampden.
I still remember my workmate and St Mirren diehard's pished coupon in a photo taken with him and Ian Ferguson holding the SC
Told me he said to Ferguson "Your no gonna go to Rangers are you?"
Ferguson replied "What do you think" :)) :)) :))
It Kinda ruined his night
I remember ferguson was in the paisley Express, with the players favourite things they would do each week.

Fergie. Fav other team= Rangers, fav other ground= Ibrox, who would you most like to meet= her majesty the queen. Fergie doing a good job of being his own agent.

He sold himself to me, that's for sure.

The taxi rank, and that area in general, was always to be avoided unless absolutely necessary. Saying that, seen many more battles in Glasgow city centre than I ever seen in Paisley, despite going out much more in Paisley. Was only involved in three battles in nearly 20 years going out in Paisley, which is not bad going.
The night we won the league at parkhead we got a train back to paisley, planning to get a taxi into Renfrew.

Actually waved a couple of cabs on as there were tims knocking the shit out of each other, which was too good to miss. Wasnt happy with the cops after they closed down the entertainment.

Last edited:
The most bitter person I know is a 'St Mirren fan'. The usual outrage at anything Rangers fans related and silence when it's Celtic. Uses words like "sub human", "animals", "vermin" to describe our fans but then he's the first to get outraged at the likes of the latest incident.

One of these nationost social justice warriors that are so blinded by their hatred for us and everything British they fail to see the hypocrisy of their words. Will literally call us vermin in the same thread he talks about how it's wrong to dehumanise people.

Worked in Hillington for many years with the location being close enough to Paisley/Renfrewshire we had quite a few workers from there and quite a few St Mirren fans during my time. Don't mind them at all.
Paisley was a great night out back in the day too
I used to stay in the area where the old St Mirren park was, the scheme was a mixture of Rangers, and Ceptic fans, but predominantly Rangers. There was a few St Mirren fans about. The standing joke used to be that, St Mirren were holding their player of the year dance, in the telephone box at the corner of Shortroods Rd and Springbank Rd, and that they couldn't fill it.

The point of the thread was that the mob from Paisley were not giving the 19th Century Terrorists any tickets the next time they were coming to Paisley.
Pay back time.
If they can afford it, good luck to them. ;)
Oh!!!
Good for them
so Goodwin shaaughnessy and six others will be the only Tim supporters there then.

I’m originally from Paisley and every St. Mirren fan I know hates us and has a soft spot for celtc.
They are merely celtc fans that can’t afford the bus fare.

THEY didn’t turn THEIR club shop into a Yahoo shop. They leased their ground to Celtic for 3 games and Celtic put a temporary sign over the shop. There were no St Mirren games during this time and the sign was down before St Mirren played there again.
Ahhh I get you now. I thought you were going to say that it didn’t happen or something.

The only St Mirren fan I know is staunch NO.

Also, Labour lawyer and blogger Ian Smart is a St Mirren fan and staunch NO.

I appreciate my sample might not be representative…
Went through primary & secondary school with Ian. Clever bugger. His dad was provost. Wonderful NO advocate.

Last edited:
The most bitter person I know is a 'St Mirren fan'. The usual outrage at anything Rangers fans related and silence when it's Celtic. Uses words like "sub human", "animals", "vermin" to describe our fans but then he's the first to get outraged at the likes of the latest incident.

One of these nationost social justice warriors that are so blinded by their hatred for us and everything British they fail to see the hypocrisy of their words. Will literally call us vermin in the same thread he talks about how it's wrong to dehumanise people.
He thinks Eric Burdon and Alan Price are Rangers fans?:))

Have been up in the club most of the day, cutting grass, hedges etc.
One of our older members is a St Mirren fan who was telling me this afternoon that the next home game against the poets,they will not be getting any tickets. pay back time he called it.
Good on them.
Also saying to me get right in about them on Sunday.
They are a good family of protestants, and all NO supporters.B-)
Poets?

Back when they were at Love St there is a bowling club right at the away end. An old bloke who was president of the club at one time told me they used to get a right good turn at the bar from away fans who would pack the place out. He said all but one clubs support would use the club.
Yes that mob and their paranoia, refusing to use Bowling clubs for some reason.

Worked in Hillington for many years with the location being close enough to Paisley/Renfrewshire we had quite a few workers from there and quite a few St Mirren fans during my time. Don't mind them at all.
I’ve known a good few saint mirren fans over the years. All of them were big nats.

I don’t know any St Mirren fans that lean towards Celtic. The ones I know either lean towards us, or hate us and them equally.

Since moving to Paisley never had any derisory remarks directed to me when I never conceal that my loyalty is to Rangers. However, the Paisley people have no time for anyone brought up in the town, who are Rangers supporters.

Simply not true. Born and bred here, still here 50+ years on and have never had an issue, half the neighbours are Rangers fans, the other half St Mirren, they don’t have an issue with us, they have our sympathy.

True

Paisley WAS a great night out then curfew was introduced due to knife crime. It was never the same after that.

I digress

Paisley WAS a great night out then curfew was introduced due to knife crime. It was never the same after that.

I digress

Fun times. Going way off topic but drinks in the Bankhouse for 10p or whatever it was from the curfew until close. Carnage ensued.

Fun times. Going way off topic but drinks in the Bankhouse for 10p or whatever it was from the curfew until close. Carnage ensued.
Anybody walking the streets at 10.55pm was going home....all pubs and clubs were locked at 11pm.

Anyway.....back to St Boooooo B-)

Does anyone know or have anecdotal evidence of a St Mirren fan supporter that is RC? I’m only asking because my limited interaction with these notionally sentient turds leads me to believe they are all akin to Plastic Whistle supporters but just from Renfrewshire.

I've got a couple of St Mirren fans as mates. They're cracking guys, love their footy, don't really care for Rangers but utterly despise the humphies.

I don’t understand all this pish about the smaller teams leaning towards us or them. If they support their teams then they will hate us both equally and probably couldn’t give a shit what one of us wins the league.

I follow irish league and follow my local side, and I hate the both Glens and Linfield equally(the big 2 over here). I genuinely couldn’t care who wins out of them both

Back when they were at Love St there is a bowling club right at the away end. An old bloke who was president of the club at one time told me they used to get a right good turn at the bar from away fans who would pack the place out. He said all but one clubs support would use the club.
Yes that mob and their paranoia, refusing to use Bowling clubs for some reason.
The bowling club you refer to was deemed to have a membership policy years ago. They were refused lottery funding "allegedly " because of said policy. That mobs fans, would not have been made welcome. The lottery has got a lot to answer for.

I don’t understand all this pish about the smaller teams leaning towards us or them. If they support their teams then they will hate us both equally and probably couldn’t give a shit what one of us wins the league.

I follow irish league and follow my local side, and I hate the both Glens and Linfield equally(the big 2 over here). I genuinely couldn’t care who wins out of them both
Well if a Diddy team fan comes from good stock, he will have decent moral and ethical values and will have a good few close family members who are Bears, but if he's from the dark side...

He needs a laxative dropped in his drink to loosen him up a bit.;)

One of our older members is a St Mirren fan who was telling me this afternoon that the next home game against the poets,they will not be getting any tickets. pay back time he called it.
Good on them.
Obviously a minority cos they are all Nats

I have a couple of mates who support St Mirren. Both good guys. They prefer Rangers to beat Celtic all day long.

Don't have an issue with the other clubs fans hating us. It's how it is. We are the champions of Scotland. It's same as English teams hating the big 4.

Unlike the other mob across city who say please love me but hate big bad rangers and most fall for it. Its hilarious

My worst memory was the Tims winning the league at Love Street in 1986,they beat them 5-1 and Hearts bottled it against Dundee at Dens Park.
Frank McGarvey admitted to not trying that day a few years ago,he wasn't the only one! :mad:
The bold Frank probably found out his wife was a whore that day and he was upset. ;) :))

That was its big downside, getting back to Glasgow. I stayed in Pollok those days. Walked that Glasgow Road /Paisley Rd W don't know how many times. Couldn't flag a Taxi until you were in the Glasgow boundary.

As for St Mirren, I think their Scottish Cup win united Paisley's Rangers, Celtic and St Mirren fans for a day. Every man, woman and dog left Paisley that day for Hampden.
I still remember my workmate and St Mirren diehard's pished coupon in a photo taken with him and Ian Ferguson holding the SC
Told me he said to Ferguson "Your no gonna go to Rangers are you?"
Ferguson replied "What do you think" :)) :)) :))
It Kinda ruined his night
Ha ha, my dad took my brother and I to the cup final for our first game. Spent our bus fare home on a macaroon bar, don't like coconut though... B-Dgot a lift on the shoulders to Burnside though, so my dad made up for it. Slightly.

I went to a Paisley school and there were a number of St Mirren fans.

Some had no leanings and hated the Old Firm.

Some had leanings our way and some their way.

Just typical of most diddy teams I think.

Good on them.
Are you playing like?

I've got a couple of St Mirren fans as mates. They're cracking guys, love their footy, don't really care for Rangers but utterly despise the humphies.
Please don’t call it “footy”
I knew a guy in the army, he was Scottish but had kinda lost his accent and used to use english patter like yeah instead of aye and me instead of my when I heard him say one day “I love me footy” I lost it with him and ended up getting 5 days in the Glasshouse (jail). Worth it though.
But anyway St Mirren are pricks.:))

Back