Match Thread Scotland v Moldova WC Qualifier 19:45 KO

Genuinely not sure how it works, are teams on the same points separated by head to head or goal difference? If it's by goal difference then a 1-0 victory at home over a team Israel beat 4-1 and Austria 2-0 is a poor result.

Quite simple for Scotland they must now beat Austria and Israel . Then if denmark beat Israel Scotland’s last game vs Denmark is irrelevant so 100% we are gonna need a win vs Denmark to get second

Christie is an awful footballer.

He’ll eventually fluke one in. The law of averages dictates that if you have 50 shots at goal eventually one will find the top or bottom corner. But his shooting is appalling.

Gilmour, on the other hand. What a player. Him and Patterson are going to be huge for Scotland the next decade and beyond.

For the standard Scotland have played at under Clarke, i actually thought that was one of the better performances since he became manager. Created chances, just couldn't finish them. Patterson's nice bit of play being the difference between 3 points or 1 against Moldova isn't good though.

Also hope his performance has nailed him down as Scotland's right back. He's better both going forward and at defending compared to O'Donnell and his athleticism lets him do both instead of hugging onto the half way line like O'Donnell. It's like the Tavernier and Hodson debated that some tried to create, just because one is better going forward doesn't mean the other is better at defending. Exact same situation here but i expect Patterson will find himself back on the bench against Austria for the "safe" option against more talented opposition.

Thought Patterson was very good but you could tell he was trying a bit too hard to impress at times. Hopefully he retains his jersey for the next game and settles in a bit. Harder for him being in and out of the team right now - must think he always has to do something brilliant to keep his place.

We are in a reasonable position for 2nd place now. Having watched Sky's mini highlights we need to be more clinical in front of goal. Delighted that Nathan Patterson played in the match, good for him. Israel 5 Austria 2, gives me hope for the Austria match, like us they make Israel look good. If Scotland give an A level performance I think they can beat Austria, but will that performance materialise? That is the big question.

Some of you are beginning to sound like our media, looking for some kind of light at the end of the tunnel.

We're rank rotten, the faroes put up a better fight against the danes. We wont be going to the world cup for no other reason, we're a poor team who still can't play technical football, whilst the rest of the world are doing it.

The euro's told you all about us. 2 games at home against teams who are not at their best, but beaten 5-1 over both games with relative ease.

Pep couldn't do anything with the squad of players we have. It will take a lot more than 2 kids in gilmour and paterson to turn this round. As for dykes, he wouldn't have made the juniors international team.

The whole structure needs gutted from top to bottom.

We are in a reasonable position for 2nd place now. Having watched Sky's mini highlights we need to be more clinical in front of goal. Delighted that Nathan Patterson played in the match, good for him. Israel 5 Austria 2, gives me hope for the Austria match, like us they make Israel look good. If Scotland give an A level performance I think they can beat Austria, but will that performance materialise? That is the big question.
Austria are by far a more superior team to us, we're pish an absolute joke of a national team who rewards alckys based on absolute failures.

Turgid! Would rather lather my balls up with some gorse bush than watch Clarkes team again.

Theres a half decent team with Scotland we just need a half decent manager and a forward.

Turgid! Would rather lather my balls up with some gorse bush than watch Clarkes team again.

Theres a half decent team with Scotland we just need a half decent manager and a forward.
Not even a half decent forward, just a half decent manager, how many countries have a decent manger and seem to transform overnight, (not literally)

It was a typical Clarke set up tonight ie when he was Kilmarnock boss .
Scotland just don’t have the fire power up front so he will have to try a different system.

If Scotland can get something in Austria they have a real chance of qualifying, the Israel win has really opened the group up.

Home game against Israel still to come with Israel away to Denmark on Tuesday. Scotland also have Denmark last game at home when they will already have qualified.

Only problem is Clarke is the manager and the performances have been terrible

If Scotland can get something in Austria they have a real chance of qualifying, the Israel win has really opened the group up.

Home game against Israel still to come with Israel away to Denmark on Tuesday. Scotland also have Denmark last game at home when they will already have qualified.

Only problem is Clarke is the manager and the performances have been terrible
We won't

That game was pish. Only good thing was seeing young Nathan get the full game, play really well and get an assist. That should be the end of this Stephen o Donnell nonsense!!
I thought, apart from the intervention for the goal, that Nathan was pretty poor. Continually put team mates under pressure with short passes and looked suspect defending. Probably the worst ive seen him play.

For the standard Scotland have played at under Clarke, i actually thought that was one of the better performances since he became manager. Created chances, just couldn't finish them. Patterson's nice bit of play being the difference between 3 points or 1 against Moldova isn't good though.

Also hope his performance has nailed him down as Scotland's right back. He's better both going forward and at defending compared to O'Donnell and his athleticism lets him do both instead of hugging onto the half way line like O'Donnell. It's like the Tavernier and Hodson debated that some tried to create, just because one is better going forward doesn't mean the other is better at defending. Exact same situation here but i expect Patterson will find himself back on the bench against Austria for the "safe" option against more talented opposition.
I think Nathan is some way short of being a good defender on that showing. No doubt about his ability going forward in a team that's on the front foot all the time but that's not Scotland.

Striking position is the biggest issue at the moment, dykes, adams and nisbet were poor.
I am delighted we didn’t pay the money hibs wanted for nisbet after watching his performance tonight.

We just struggled to beat Moldova at home and that makes you confident?

Quite simple for Scotland they must now beat Austria and Israel . Then if denmark beat Israel Scotland’s last game vs Denmark is irrelevant so 100% we are gonna need a win vs Denmark to get second
Im sure Clarke will be able to figure out a way to beat Isreal.

I mean its not like we have tried and failed to beat them 4 times in the last 12 months.

Back