Official Saturday and Sunday's Football

Agree with Neville here, it's not a red. The lad's studs caught in the ground and that's what caused the break.

Red card for that, I dont think it was worthy of a red but Elliot’s came off with a very nasty break by the looks of it.

Ooft that's a brutal injury by the looks of things, poor lad, was the red based on the injury though? That's the question.

That's not a red. Disappointing to see the refereeing team react to the severity of the injury rather than assessing the tackle itself.

Red carded based on Klopps reaction rather than the actual tackle

Absolutely no malice in that and it was a freak accident, can’t stand the way Klopp goes on

Rewound it and it’s never a red. Complete freak accident.

Same.

It’s never a red card. Horrible freak accident caused by the lad’s studs getting caught in the grass during the challenge.

That said, it’s a horrible injury for a young lad. You’ve got to feel for him

Looked like one of those injuries that could be a career ender. Extremely hard to come back fully from that.

Thought van Dijk and the Liverpool players reactions said it all.

It's resulted in a horrible injury but it was completely unintentional.

Klopps is obviously going to be annoyed but he really doesn't do himself any favours at times.

Horrible for Elliot, he's looked class the lad.

These are the sort of injuries I worry our players could receive as Refs allow carte blanche for opponents.

I snapped my shin in a similar way and stood up and put weight on it. The thought of which gives me the boak now but the adrenalin at the time was intense.
I’ve had a clean break arm before and a metatarsal fracture.

The adrenaline rush for the clean break bizarrely meant I was not in much pain initially. It’s later that the pain really kicks in.

Fractures are agony :)
Sweet jesus

Back