MOTM Poll Rangers v Lyon - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's what I thought. I'm going to the game but my sister in NZ said she was watching on RTV.
Sadly she will be disappointed. Pain in the backside for those of us who can’t get to Ibrox and don't have BTSport. I’m gonna have to borrow my mates login so I can watch via SkyGo for the rest of the group stages.

There is live commentary of the game on Talksport 2 incidentally.

I wonder if they paid a certain £25k fee?!

Woke up at 6.30 this morning and couldn't figure out why I couldn't find the game. Seems I forgot how timezones work. What a simpleton.

McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Barisic, Arfield, Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Morelos.

Subs: McLaughlin, McCrorie, Patterson, Bassey, Bacuna, Lundstram, Kelly, Wright, Roofe, Sakala.

Best guess.

BT Sport you say?

QOn57K+

Yes.

• Rangers and Lyon have faced previously in the 2007-08 UEFA Champions League group stages - on both occasions, the away side won 3-0.
  • Rangers won their first four home major UEFA European games against French opponents between 1956 and 1971 but are winless in their last eight such matches (D3 L5), though their last game was against Lyon in December 2007.
  • Lyon have only lost one of their 18 UEFA Europa League group stage matches (W11 D6), losing 1-0 to Atalanta in what was their most recent group game in December 2017.
  • Rangers have lost none of their last 10 UEFA Europa League group stage matches (W5 D5) since a 2-1 defeat to Young Boys in October 2019. They have never lost a group stage match in the competition at Ibrox (P9 W5 D4).
  • Including qualifiers, Rangers have lost two of their last three home matches in European competition, one more than in their previous 23 at Ibrox (W16 D6).

They don’t have the game, either in UK or overseas, despite it being on their Home page. Click on Subscribe and it’s not offered to buy. They do not have the media rights to show the match. Same as every other year from the group stages onwards.
Pretty sure I watched knockout matches on RTV from abroad last year.

Might not be popular with some but I think we might start Lundstram tonight and move Aribo into the front 3

Plenty of attacking options so it will be interesting to see how we line up

I’d be tempted to start Sakala, I think we may see Lundstram/Arfield in the middle with Davis and Kamara.

Big test tonight - need everyone to be on it from the start and keep mistakes to a minimum.

2-1 Gers!

I don't think it is the Kent part, but the Morelos and Roofe part of the front 3 is a conversation I think, 4-1 against the Tramps aside it just doesn't feel right.

Time for our levels to go up a few notches now that the EL group stage is here.
I reckon we play our best football over these next few months.
2-1 tonight.

This'll be extremely difficult no 2 ways about it. We really can't come out and sit back, need to get them spooked by going full throttle and the crowd behind us. An early goal will give us something to hold on to and we are very dangerous as a counter attacking team

Didn't realise Shaqiri is playing. Tie Just got a lot harder and based on the fact we haven't beaten a French team at Ibrox in 50 years I will be very happy with a draw.

We can save the victory for when we play them away

Looking forward to this one tonight. Just need to get work out the road first :rolleyes:
I won’t pretend I know a lot about Lyon but I do know they have a few quality players and we’ve not looked like we’ve really got motoring yet. Want a win but a draw wouldn’t be the worst

Gutted I'm not there tonight, first home game I've missed in a long time.
Won't even see it on TV until tomorrow.

I'd bite the hand off you for a point right now. Our form or lack of is a huge concern atm. We will get punished if we're as slack at the back as we have been this season so far.

Woke up at 6.30 this morning and couldn't figure out why I couldn't find the game. Seems I forgot how timezones work. What a simpleton.
The Green Man (yep) on Essex Road near Islington is where the London loyal watch games. Should be a good turnout.

Ffs - replied to wrong person.

This one game could be a serious catapult for the entire season.

After beating Celt!c, overcoming a scrappy STJ a win vs this calibre of opponent would set us off on a trail similar to 55's form. It would also be perfecto leading into Flag Day this weekend.

Come on Rangers, the time is now, do it now.

We've still a major improvement in level to find to get anything out of this game not helped by injury and enforced absence. My head tells me Rangers 1 Lyon 3.

My heart is saying to me that the crowd are really gonig to play a major part and the players will respond with their best outing of the season so far to nail at least a point. We've surprised a lot of people in Europe during Gerrard's tenure so that is something else positive.

It is difficult to tell how this will unfold tonight.

Not having a good day.

Have an extremely bad feeling about tonight.

Every win we have had in Europe since Stevie G took over has been a brilliant surprise to me.

Come on Rangers!!!!

We're gonna be up against it. Lyon imo are Leverkusen quality.

We have a great home record in Europe under Gerrard but this could easily be our biggest test so far.
However if we do get a result here it could be a massive boost for the entire club.

Tough game tonight even though they have some notable absences. Need to up our game from the level its been this season but these players seem to do that so often in Europe! 2-1 Rangers. Let's go!

I’m hoping tonight is the one that forces us to up our game and carry that level forward into the season.

heart says we will win by the odd goal. Head thinks it’ll be a draw.

Just seen a photo of lyon bus on social media..tell me its a photoshop? The UB can't be that daft, can they?

Completely relaxed about this game tonight. Complete free hit, as are all European games this season now we’re not in the CL. Sunday is way more important than tonight given the league is an absolute must this season. Would be mixing up the starting XI tonight with Sunday in mind personally.

Back