MOTM Poll Rangers v Lyon - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lyon will top the group.

But if they get as many referee decisions going their way in every game then they will win Europa, Champions League and World Cup in the next three years.

Too many players way, way off it, Kamara , Aribo, to name two tonight dreadfully short , couple that with playing against a quality side and this is what happens. We can’t be too despondent or surprised by tonight’s result surely. Disappointing that we just don’t seem to have found our mojo six weeks into the season

We are going backwards as a side now, rarely create many chances in any game, we should have looked to bring in 3 or 4 fresh first team players in the summer, we look really stale in all honesty

Is that nudge from Wright any worse than the one on Lundstram in the box in the first half?

This team is the best we have played in the Gerrard era. Only Leverkusen come close and I don’t think they’re as good.

You’re drawing on a last season myth…we didn’t play a team this good last season. We played a very good Benfica team, and held our own. These are better. Slavia Prague aren’t even close to these.

very confident we can still overcome Sparta and brondby and get through. Which is great.

but we can be a last 32 EL Team in perpetuity if we’re not careful. We have to be in the CL, even if, as you say, it’s 4 or 5 beatings and a draw or two.

Mercifully this Scottish premiership season presents us with the chance. A title this year is what we need to go to the next level
I think Porto were as good of a side and we beat them in a season where we capitulated in domestic competitions.

Think we need to be realistic about where we are. This team has reached its ceiling and we haven’t been able to improve it the last few transfer windows.
My thoughts exactly mate

They've spent 140m on players, and have quite a few on frees who will be on huge wages. It does make a difference.

I'm never going to be happy with a defeat, but there does need to be a bit of perspective.

Back