MOTM Poll Rangers v Lyon - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3 free transfers with a transfermarkt value of just under £15m.
That's just figures from a website. We had the chance to improve and push on, and blew it

Just hope we have enough to win the league, if we get that we can possibly get the CL cash to improve next year.

They have spent a fortune and to be honest we’re the better team. We get beat, it happens and it’s pish but the trick is to take it and move on.
That’s a champions league team that beat us the night so it’s all relevant.

Comfortably beaten by a team who never needed to get out of 2nd gear. Our prospects will be decided by the next 4 games however the performance levels will have to be way higher than they have been this season so far.

Well beaten by a better team.
Something wrong with us though. Only against the time this season have we played high tempo, even then only in spells.

Is it too much disruption with covid, injuries etc, or just reached our level without more significant investment

Beaten by a much better team but we made it way too easy for them, they never got out of second gear and we look like a bag of shit again

The gutting thing is that Lyon were not that great. Can't see why folk were claiming they were brilliant. We offered feck all.
A very poor display. Numerous passengers tonight.

Other game 0-0 was a good result for us. Next 3 games in the group are where our wins need to come, no shame in losing to what are a very very good side

We didn't help ourselves at all but the better team won. Nothing to be embarrassed about given the quality Lyon have, we move on.

Went as i expected, beaten by a superior side reminded me of the Leverkusen game. We made chances though and were unlucky not to level it 1-1. On to Sunday!

Very worrying. Not the defeat itself but we look absolutely f*cked and playing with no heart. Another big player injured too.
Favourable run of games coming up, hopefully we can get our spark back

Hardly outclassed you sheep shagging prick, they were decent, we are still a level or two off our best and they are a bunch of cheating, diving chunts…We will get better!

We need to be on top, top form to take anything off teams like that. We're not, so the inevitable happened. We've hit our ceiling. Kent going off is a big worry.

Finding it hard to be too critical. Worry is that this all has a very flat feeling about it. We desperately need something to give us a spark.

Lyon are good team, but we could have got something from the game if we hit the game with high tempo in the first half. The ref did us no favours at all.

Lyon will win the group.

All true but we were really flat, again....
Aye, though there were quite a few moments in the first half I thought. 2nd half was a non event.
Like I said I'm not happy with a defeat and we should always learn lessons on how to improve, but this wasn't a bunch of donkeys.
I was a lot more pissed off about Malmo than this.

Too many errors in our play and too many players losing concentration. Lyon are a decent side but we make it very easy with the silly mistakes.

That was last season, mate. We, on the other hand, have regressed in Europe at an alarming pace.
not improving our midfield has been a major issue however i think the management team get the starting 11 and use of subs wrong a lot of the time in these games.

Lyon were the much better team. I don't think Gerrard got the initial team wrong but I think as per usual the in game management was shocking. Really bad in fact.

Balogun had a good game and for the most part so did Lundstram. Taking Davis off for Wright made no sense at all.

Hopefully our team can click some time soon as it just doesn't seem to be coming together at the moment but I am sure it will.

We'll not come up against many better teams that Lyon even if we do get out of this league.

Back