John Lundstram

Not been impressed with him so far and i feel bad saying that as i usually try to give a new player time to settle and adjust.

I am very surprised at his lack of pace,one off those players if you go by him he isn't going to catch you up,the jury is still out on him.

Actually thought he was too safe 1st half, but came onto a game. Hope stevies sub was precaution due to minutes played.

ahead of Aribo?? No chance

I must have been watching a different game. I thought he was slow and never looked to pass the ball forward. He was at fault for the first goal as well. He doesn’t improve the team from last season
Lundstrum looked the best from Ibrox. I thought Kent was mainly at fault for the first and second. I'll need to watch it back.

I thought he was decent, but no more than that really.

It was interesting that he began to look better after Davis went off. He, Davis and Kamara are too similar, IMO, but I do think he’ll offer us something as he grows into the team.

ahead of Aribo?? No chance

I must have been watching a different game. I thought he was slow and never looked to pass the ball forward. He was at fault for the first goal as well. He doesn’t improve the team from last season
I thought Aribo was dreadful tonight , worst I’ve seen him , Kamara not much better . Lundstrom was our best midfielder by a mile especially when he took the deeper role from davis

Should have just hit the boy at the goal, but otherwise a decent showing from the lad
Yes but then when he gets a yellow or even a red and they score from the free kick everyone will be saying why did he tackle him? Agree he should've been stronger though.

A quick stat, he’s started 6 competitive games for us and we’ve won 2 and lost 4. The 2 wins came against Alashkert where he was sent off and Dunfermline in the league cup.

Thought he had a decent game tonight.Not convinced Davis,Kamara and him are enough to be a better team than we are but I don't believe changing any of them with Jack is the answer either.

Unless our 2 fullbacks are constantly going forward we badly lack craft.We need a dynamic box to box midfielder to take us to another level.Like the Manager was.

Thought he was really good tonight.

Probably the biggest positive to take away from it.

Toss up between him and Balogun for our best player tonight.

Can someone tell me what it is Aribo actually does, a complete waste of a jersey tonight, again.

Best midfielder for us tonight, and possibly only behind Balogun as our best player.

Fair play, I’m not a big fan based on performances up until now, but that was a more than decent shift.

Lundstram was better tonight, but he is very slow inside the first yard.
If you don't have that yard, football can become a very difficult game.
Davis has also had a fairly average start to the season.

Reactions: BWO
Played well. Lundstrum is and will get better; pity he didn't get a goal tonight with that chance.

I didn’t listen to the noise re Lundstrum when he arrived there was some negative comments from some quarters but he won’t do imo just believe what your eyes tell you he is miles away from being a Rangers midfielder.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong but deep down we all know.

Reactions: BWO
Glad to see this thread because I would've started it myself if I hadn't seen one. Disappointing to see that he's the whipping boy in the eyes of our support already.

Agree thought he was one of our better players a lot better than we’ve seen from him.

Reactions: fmp
Thought he did fine, people are quick to jump on him due to lack of credit in the bank but he certainly offered as much if not more than Kamara and Davis did tonight.

Still not convinced personally. He looks completely unsure of the system off the ball, doesn't seem to have much idea who he's supposed to be tracking, takes 3 looks to pass a ball when it should take one and he picks the easy pass too often.

To be fair to him though, he had a few good runs forward with the ball and a decent strike on goal. I've seen players come good as late as a year on under Gerrard so I'm not giving up on him just yet, but he has some distance to go.

Back