Moaning about the transfer window-where is the cash coming from?

DylanGer

The Board pushed the boat out to give SG the squad to compete and win the title-we managed that. SG has helped deliver that with European runs frankly beyond what we could expect.

I personally don't rate greatly what we've brought in this window but we've obviously tried to do the best within the budget.

However clearly as the likes of Roofe has shown you really need to spend cash to get an out the box player and you could argue his fitness record suggests he will never be our main man more an absolute quality option.

We are not cash rich, we can't spend loads and will need to continue to try and develop players-clearly the level that our players are at are not attracting offers due to a deflated market.

Time for some of our support to stop acting like spoiled brats and accept we've done pretty well overall.

The Board pushed the boat out to give SG the squad to compete and win the title-we managed that. SG has helped deliver that with European runs frankly beyond what we could expect.

I personally don't rate greatly what we've brought in this window but we've obviously tried to do the best within the budget.

However clearly as the likes of Roofe has shown you really need to spend cash to get an out the box player and you could argue his fitness record suggests he will never be our main man more an absolute quality option.

We are not cash rich, we can't spend loads and will need to continue to try and develop players-clearly the level that our players are at are not attracting offers due to a deflated market.

Time for some of our support to stop acting like spoiled brats and accept we've done pretty well overall.
We front loaded to win the title we really needed to win. We obviously need to balance that a bit more now and every one of us would’ve taken that if we were asked 2 years ago.

Spoiled fucking brats? we have backed the club to the hilt financially, tickets, merchandise, mygers, folk have left themselves skint to pay to watch the team, to call us spoiled brats is a nonsense and you can %^*& off with that comment
Still though there’s a massive percentage of people that still don’t get it. There’s not massive amounts of money even with all the money the fans put in.

He’s perhaps not worded it correctly however, there is sense of entitlement within our support
Of course there is, we are the most successful club in the world

I've seen folk this week leave themselves absolutely skint, and I mean proper skint the amount of money they have paid in the last 2 weeks to watch Rangers, it's what they do and accept they have to tap money to get by

Spoiled fucking brats? we have backed the club to the hilt financially, tickets, merchandise, mygers, folk have left themselves skint to pay to watch the team, to call us spoiled brats is a nonsense and you can %^*& off with that comment
It's your choice it doesn't entitle you to anything. It's not as if the Board are putting that money in their pockets is it?

If you choose to support the club then fine but the reality is individuals have put their families futures and serious investments into the club and don't mention it.

Seems like the OP has struck a nerve but not one you can really answer logically just emotionally-if you don't think we have a problem with punters who expect endless victories then you go to a different stadium for me.

For me not understanding what the club has delivered in context and moaning like %^*& over losing to a team that should beat us...IS indeed the action of spoiled brats.

We fully expected to shift a £15m-ish player in the summer, but the bids didn’t appear.

COVID has killed the market at that level and it’s going to lead to a huge squad exodus/fire sale next summer.

For me, the jury is still out on Ross Wilson. Guys like Simpson, Ofoborh, Lundstram, Bacuna seem a wee bit ‘out of the contacts book’ and Itten didn’t work out. Nor did Zungu. Roofe isn’t yet a guaranteed starter.

He may be aiming that comment at those who have thrown the toys out the pram after a defeat against a superior team.

We fully expected to shift a £15m-ish player in the summer, but the bids didn’t appear.

COVID has killed the market at that level and it’s going to lead to a huge squad exodus/fire sale next summer.

For me, the jury is still out on Ross Wilson. Guys like Simpson, Ofoborh, Lundstram, Bacuna seem a wee bit ‘out of the contacts book’ and Itten didn’t work out. Nor did Zungu. Roofe isn’t yet a guaranteed starter.
Without Roofe we wouldn't have won the league last year....that's part of my point. We can't regularly go out and spend that type of cash.

The board have done their part.

I've argued that I think SG/Ross Wilson felt this squad would peak this season and we'd get another year out of this group of players but it's looking to me that we might have hit a wall in terms of performance and fitness levels.

Failure to bring in much needed transfer money to refresh the squad has been our problem. We gambled last year with Morelos and the argument is there that it paid off in terms of the title but we've clearly expected a whole host of offers for our big hitters and it's simply not happened this summer.

I'd add that Celtic getting £30m in the door for Edouard and Ajer simply compounds our frustration.

Aye probably should have clarified I didn't necessarily mean that window mate, just in future that's where we'll need to look for money and freshness in the squad.

Feels a bit like this team (as in the first 11) are coming to the end of a cycle a bit earlier than we might have hoped.
This team will be thinking to themselves sub consciously they have achieved everything they could as a team (although you would like them to see they can create a legacy). It’s a bit like when you’ve been in a job for a while and you are going through the motions. It definitely needs fresh faces to the starting 11 who have it all to prove, you could see Lundstram was playing like he had to prove himself tonight.

What was the net transfer spend this summer?
We stopped the 10 no need to invest in the squad now.
We obviously spent to stop the 10 because it would’ve been disastrous and now need to balance it. The money we spent to win that title is still being spent on the same players wages. Do you think we’re stashing cash under the mattress?

He may be aiming that comment at those who have thrown the toys out the pram after a defeat against a superior team.

But beyond that where is the logic because you spend a lot on the club that guarantees anything? It's a choice surely?

However is not as if we are generating cash to go to the board directly is it?

I get that, I don't think most of the displeasure is down to getting beat from Lyon, it's more down to how poorly we have started the season and tonight it's just coming home to roost how much we have regressed.

I agree to a certain extent but I'm one of the lucky one's, as in, my kids are up and away.

God forbid just now having a couple of kids, buying season tickets, merchandise, MyGers etc, etc.
They really do need to understand the loyalty of our support and not take it for granted which to a certain extent they most certainly are.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you!!

Tbh I was just happy we held on to all our star players. Think Wrights been a good addition to the squad too, though we got him in a bit early so he's not a summer signing

I agree to a certain extent but I'm one of the lucky one's, as in, my kids are up and away.

God forbid just now having a couple of kids, buying season tickets, merchandise, MyGers etc, etc.
They really do need to understand the loyalty of our support and not take it for granted which to a certain extent they most certainly are.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you!!
How are they taking it for granted?

Of course there is, we are the most successful club in the world

I've seen folk this week leave themselves absolutely skint, and I mean proper skint the amount of money they have paid in the last 2 weeks to watch Rangers, it's what they do and accept they have to tap money to get by
Ok tin hat on, we are not the most successful team in the world, that’s just nonsense. Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Liverpool , ManUtd are all miles more successful than us by any measurement.
we have one of the biggest supports and certainLY the most Loyal support in the world but some of our Directors have stood tall and invested millions along with our supporters.
we won 55 and we should still win 56 and after the last 10years that’s fantastic

You do get his other points though?

He’s perhaps not worded it correctly however, there is sense of entitlement within our support
A sense of entitlement? Fs we play as one of two teams in a two team league and just finished a nine year run without a title. I dont think the fans can be blamed for expecting 2 in a row given we are champions and the tims are downsizing

Record shirt and merch sales - from the clubs mouth not made up.

Record ST sales

35k Mygers

50 commercial partners

100 sponsors on kit

a season and a half of donated money from the fans.

3 really decent Europa runs

Won the league and blew the chance at CL

If we don’t have money, why not? that’s a question for the board I suppose

Two last 16’s in EL back to back, league win last season, season after season of sold out season tickets, enormous amounts spent on Retail. If the cash coming on via those means can’t be used to buy better quality than Lundstram and Sakala then I’m not sure what the point is.

We had to kick on this summer and we haven’t. Will we get away with it by winning the league again this season? Time will tell.

What question it's just a pathetic rant to be honest
Most of the OP is a fair assessment tbh until the last 2 lines when it's spoilt brats.

Which is out of order.
We have been spoiled by Gerrard and Co.
Are we reaching a similar ceiling like Klopp and Liverpool in that teams have worked out how we play?

A sense of entitlement? Fs we play as one of two teams in a two team league and just finished a nine year run without a title. I dont think the fans can be blamed for expecting 2 in a row given we are champions and the tims are downsizing
Celtic have had an unprecedented financial advantage over us that eclipses anything in Scottish football history. You clearly missed that.

Also I think you will find they have outspent us in every transfer window since we got back to the top....

And what has tonight to do with winning the title? Real bastard Celtic are top of the league.....

That is where Ross Wilson has to earn his money. It's all well and good keeping all our "big hitters", but they will all have a peak transfer value and it is about recognising when that is, and selling, whilst recycling a large percentage of that back in to the playing squad with good recruitment.

Letting Goldson enter final 12 months of deal was an utterly stupid decision. He should have had a deadline set, prior to our first game of season and if not signed, sold and replaced.

We are likely going to be left with a player who will, subconsciously or otherwise not be able to focus 100% on Rangers, whilst he is engaging in potential transfer talks from January onwards.

Spoiled brats??

you’d be hard pushed to find a more financially loyal support than ours.

Two last 16’s in EL back to back, league win last season, season after season of sold out season tickets, enormous amounts spent on Retail. If the cash coming on via those means can’t be used to buy better quality than Lundstram and Sakala then I’m not sure what the point is.

We had to kick on this summer and we haven’t. Will we get away with it by winning the league again this season? Time will tell.

You clearly don't understand the financials of the club....we are consistently losing money in real terms.

That is where Ross Wilson has to earn his money. It's all well and good keeping all our "big hitters", but they will all have a peak transfer value and it is about recognising when that is, and selling, whilst recycling a large percentage of that back in to the playing squad with good recruitment.

Letting Goldson enter final 12 months of deal was an utterly stupid decision. He should have had a deadline set, prior to our first game of season and if not signed, sold and replaced.

We are likely going to be left with a player who will, subconsciously or otherwise not be able to focus 100% on Rangers, whilst he is engaging in potential transfer talks from January onwards.

How do you force players to be sold?

Slow start. Yet to get a settled team due to several factors. Covid, suspensions, injuries etc. We should have strengthened the first 11 but it's far from the doom n gloom that half this site would lead ye to believe fs!
No one is saying it's doom and gloom.
If they are get them to %^*&.
It's natural to ask how we progress.

Back