Moaning about the transfer window-where is the cash coming from?

I don’t think anyone can criticise the board for their investment. If anything, I think they’re too hands off! If I had literal millions riding on the club I’d be cracking skulls day in, day out at some of the amateurish drivel the club gets served by their endless slew of Execs who blag their way into plum roles only to be found out after 18/24 months. And breathe…..

Anyway, I reckon this summer was the first time the board said ‘no’ to Gerrard. He was pushing Nisbet hard on deadline day but the cash wasn’t there.

Gerrard in the summer “our fans can expect an exciting summer” or words to that effect

Forgive me for not being excited at Lundstram, Bacuna and Sakala.

Sakala impressed in the Madrid friendly. Lundstram has got off to a shocking start and Bacuna obviously hasn’t played a minute.

I also don’t believe those 3 are the only players the management had in mind for incoming.

Gerrard in the summer “our fans can expect an exciting summer” or words to that effect

Sakala impressed in the Madrid friendly. Lundstram has got off to a shocking start and Bacuna obviously hasn’t played a minute.

I also don’t believe those 3 are the only players the management had in mind for incoming.

I'm not excited either by them and your implied comments that we had a plan that didn't come together could be correct.

However if we never sold anyone and we didn't make the CL what were we supposed to do?

You clearly don't understand the financials of the club....we are consistently losing money in real terms.
You asked where the money was coming from and I pointed out various streams of finance. If we could afford £5m on Roofe last summer, £7m on Kent the summer before then there’s no reason we should have had to have been relying on free transfers from Sheffield United and Oostende this season of all seasons (when the pot of gold of CL money was there to be grasped).

The league would be classed as must win most seasons but this season more than any other. Win the league this year and we could be out of sight for years to come. Lose it (after being 25 points clear of them btw) and the fallout doesn’t bear thinking about.

Celtic have had an unprecedented financial advantage over us that eclipses anything in Scottish football history. You clearly missed that.

Also I think you will find they have outspent us in every transfer window since we got back to the top....

And what has tonight to do with winning the title? Real bastard Celtic are top of the league.....
I wasn’t talking to you because your patter quite frankly is completely draining. I feel sorry for those who have to endure it first hand. Don’t you ever have a night off?

How do you force players to be sold?

Obviously you can't force him to be sold, but if he is intent at a crack at the EPL then you make clubs aware he is available. If they are going to be interested in him on a bosman, then they would be interested at ~£5 million, which is a pittance for that league.

I don’t think anyone can criticise the board for their investment. If anything, I think they’re too hands off! If I had literal millions riding on the club I’d be cracking skulls day in, day out at some of the amateurish drivel the club gets served by their endless slew of Execs who blag their way into plum roles only to be found out after 18/24 months. And breathe…..

Anyway, I reckon this summer was the first time the board said ‘no’ to Gerrard. He was pushing Nisbet hard on deadline day but the cash wasn’t there.

I like Nisbet, he's a promising striker but paying serious money for him knowing full well he's not shifting Alfie or suited to playing either of the number 10 roles would be borderline mental on our part.

You asked where the money was coming from and I pointed out various streams of finance. If we could afford £5m on Roofe last summer, £7m on Kent the summer before then there’s no reason we should have had to have been relying on free transfers from Sheffield United and Oostende this season of all seasons (when the pot of gold of CL money was there to be grasped).

The league would be classed as must win most seasons but this season more than any other. Win the league this year and we could be out of sight for years to come. Lose it (after being 25 points clear of them btw) and the fallout doesn’t bear thinking about.
Those signings stretched the club further, more soft loans etc etc.

We lose money in real terms and we pushed the boat out to win 55. Without a serious injection of cash via a big transfer or whatever then clearly the club can't keep stretching itself.

I'm not excited either by them and your implied comments that we had a plan that didn't come together could be correct.

However if we never sold anyone and we didn't make the CL what were we supposed to do?
Being honest IMO every teams needs to refresh every couple of seasons.

We have rarely improved our first pick 11 in recent seasons and so far for me it’s starting to tell.

Id be in favour of selling a big asset if it meant we could reinvest the money in 2 or 3 players that would slot into the 11.

The Board pushed the boat out to give SG the squad to compete and win the title-we managed that. SG has helped deliver that with European runs frankly beyond what we could expect.

I personally don't rate greatly what we've brought in this window but we've obviously tried to do the best within the budget.

However clearly as the likes of Roofe has shown you really need to spend cash to get an out the box player and you could argue his fitness record suggests he will never be our main man more an absolute quality option.

We are not cash rich, we can't spend loads and will need to continue to try and develop players-clearly the level that our players are at are not attracting offers due to a deflated market.

Time for some of our support to stop acting like spoiled brats and accept we've done pretty well overall.
That's us told. Bed without any supper.

If that’s true, especially after leaving us an attacking option down by loaning out Itten the same day, then it’s very disappointing.

We win the SPFL and hope for CL groups once in a while?
It's hard to take losing but we had won 42 out 49 EL games before tonight under The Gaffer.
Maybe we think we are better than we are like the scum.

Worry’s me slightly that SG will be looking around thinking despite lifting the title, this is the maximum backing he could have expected (not losing anyone and a few free signings)

You cant fill a bath if the plug is out.

Perhaps its time to take a look at how much some put in in comparison to how much they take out.

Im not naming names but some of the guesstimates make you wonder. I think this lies at the heart of our current malaise.

Obviously you can't force him to be sold, but if he is intent at a crack at the EPL then you make clubs aware he is available. If they are going to be interested in him on a bosman, then they would be interested at ~£5 million, which is a pittance for that league.

And you really think that wouldn't have happened? You think there's some obvious mistake the club made that stopped clubs making an offer for Goldson? Come on.....

Those signings stretched the club further, more soft loans etc etc.

We lose money in real terms and we pushed the boat out to win 55. Without a serious injection of cash via a big transfer or whatever then clearly the club can't keep stretching itself.
Then the club have to find another way to source the cash. We either create the cash to improve or we regress at a speed of knots and hand dominance back to Celtic when in reality we should now be looking to assert our own dominance domestically.

Being honest IMO every teams needs to refresh every couple of seasons.

We have rarely improved our first pick 11 in recent seasons and so far for me it’s starting to tell.

Id be in favour of selling a big asset if it meant we could reinvest the money in 2 or 3 players that would slot into the 11.
And maybe the manager agrees, I agree to an extent but if the offers don't come in when the market is flat?

If that’s true, especially after leaving us an attacking option down by loaning out Itten the same day, then it’s very disappointing.

If we had the £4m that Hibs want for him and we spent it on a back up striker I'd be questioning the sanity of that decision.

Midfield is crying out for money to be spent on it. Paying £4m for a guy who wouldn't get a look in whilst Morelos is here would be nuts.

That is where Ross Wilson has to earn his money. It's all well and good keeping all our "big hitters", but they will all have a peak transfer value and it is about recognising when that is, and selling, whilst recycling a large percentage of that back in to the playing squad with good recruitment.

Letting Goldson enter final 12 months of deal was an utterly stupid decision. He should have had a deadline set, prior to our first game of season and if not signed, sold and replaced.

We are likely going to be left with a player who will, subconsciously or otherwise not be able to focus 100% on Rangers, whilst he is engaging in potential transfer talks from January onwards.

Its hard to concentrate when the wife's at the foodbank and the kids are waiting on Marcus Rashford's food vouchers.

Then the club have to find another way to source the cash. We either create the cash to improve or we regress at a speed of knots and hand dominance back to Celtic when in reality we should now be looking to assert our own dominance domestically.
I agree but if it where that easy to generate income they would have done it.

We simply at this stage cannot spend £4M on a player let alone a few of them or another £7M investment....

If we had the £4m that Hibs want for him and we spent it on a back up striker I'd be questioning the sanity of that decision.

Midfield is crying out for money to be spent on it. Paying £4m for a guy who wouldn't get a look in whilst Morelos is here would be nuts.
Yeah I agree on the basis they want £4m.

Regardless though, letting Itten go without a replacement was poor IMO, as was failing to spend any cash on improving the midfield as you’ve said.

And you really think that wouldn't have happened? You think there's some obvious mistake the club made that stopped clubs making an offer for Goldson? Come on.....

Well considering we are still actively in contract negotiations with him, that would suggest we want to keep him, no? We should have been more hard-line and explained this is the offer, sign it by X date, or it's clear you wish to leave so we will actively be looking for a buyer.

Now, obviously he can dig his heels in if he wants - but does becoming a contract rebel, potentially spending a year on the sidelines, having already missed nearly 2 years of his career with his health issues seem like it would be an attractive proposition? Or increase his market value for when his contract ends?

I agree but if it where that easy to generate income they would have done it.

We simply at this stage cannot spend £4M on a player let alone a few of them or another £7M investment....
Maybe so but if this is the case, the reality is we’ll fall away as quickly as we won the league last year in terms of being a challenge and we’ll revert back to being 2nd best with the odd punching above our weight challenge here and there. If that’s acceptable for the board and our fan base then so be it.

You do know it takes over a million a month to keep our club afloat??

Where are they sourcing this cash you talk of?

I'm genuinely interested as to where this cash is coming from.

The Board pushed the boat out to give SG the squad to compete and win the title-we managed that. SG has helped deliver that with European runs frankly beyond what we could expect.

I personally don't rate greatly what we've brought in this window but we've obviously tried to do the best within the budget.

However clearly as the likes of Roofe has shown you really need to spend cash to get an out the box player and you could argue his fitness record suggests he will never be our main man more an absolute quality option.

We are not cash rich, we can't spend loads and will need to continue to try and develop players-clearly the level that our players are at are not attracting offers due to a deflated market.

Time for some of our support to stop acting like spoiled brats and accept we've done pretty well overall.
I don't know where to start here.

"I personally don't rate" in the second paragraph.

£117 for 3 games, two of which are against 2nd rate teams. Not to mention the prize money to date.

Absolutely nonsense post full of beer!

We should start shaking tins

Spoiled fucking brats? we have backed the club to the hilt financially, tickets, merchandise, mygers, folk have left themselves skint to pay to watch the team, to call us spoiled brats is a nonsense and you can %^*& off with that comment
Yes. We spent all that and it's still not enough to buy the success you want for the club.

These lads tonight are bringing a 6 million pound player off bench to add to the 5 or 6 already on the park worth between 10 and 20 million each.

We're all moaning on here because we can't compete. Of course we can't compete!

Some in our support absolutely are spoiled brats. Across Europe the teams that spend the most tend to be the ones that perform the best.

We can't compete with Lyon in the transfer market so guess what happens on the pitch?

"We demand success!". Then we better all find deeper pockets.

I know we’re not loaded but maybe we could have done better with the money we did spend. Lundstrum and Sakala look nowhere never the level required.

Bottom line is the players we brought in haven’t improved the squad at all.

You do know it takes over a million a month to keep our club afloat??

Where are they sourcing this cash you talk of?

I'm genuinely interested as to where this cash is coming from.
I’ve got no idea or I’d be a massively successful businessman, but they need to source it from somewhere.

You can’t expect to rely on this squad forever, and if you can’t improve your player trading out the door then you’ll end up losing what you deem as assets for pennies when contracts run out.

As a result, there will be no cash to replace those assets, meaning a further deterioration in squad quality and a less competitive Rangers.

A less competitive Rangers will result in less trophies won, limited European runs, and even less cash being generated than is at the moment.

Is it difficult to achieve? I’m sure it probably us, but the reality is if the club want to remain the dominant force in Scottish football then they need to find a way to achieve it. If they don’t, we’ll play second fiddle to Celtic for years to come with very little opportunity to change that.

Going out to Malmö cost us big time. We have to be realistic and accept the situation. Need to win the title this season. I think our squad depth compared to theirs should see us do it.

I get that, I don't think most of the displeasure is down to getting beat from Lyon, it's more down to how poorly we have started the season and tonight it's just coming home to roost how much we have regressed.
This is bang on, it’s quote after quote that fans are spoiled.

It’s that underlying feeling that we are worse than last year that is stirring emotion from fans.

We are better than we are performing by a long shot as has been proven.

There is no problem in stating or discussing that.

The extreme views should rightly get shot down but anyone suggesting anything negative is told they are spoiled, entitled etc

We’re off it and we want us back to playing like we know we can. Where’s the problem there?

My credit card bill came in for the month. 90% of it was rangers.

Spent best part of a grand since the summer on them.

Others will have spent more than me.

The fans are chucking money at the club.

I don't believe our transfer business was great. We are supposed to have a great guy in place to unearth gems. Is he failing?

I think it's more about how our limited resources were spent this summer that's the issue for some folk we brought in too many projects Sakala Lundstrum Bacuna and Ofoborhs wages and signing on fees could have went toward 1/2 game changers that would improve the starting 11

I know we’re not loaded but maybe we could have done better with the money we did spend. Lundstrum and Sakala look nowhere never the level required.

Bottom line is the players we brought in haven’t improved the squad at all.

They've barely played a handful of games between them yet ffs.

Someone in the match thread said Lundstram is on £35k a week, is that true? Surely we could have done better if we are paying that?

I’ve got no idea or I’d be a massively successful businessman, but they need to source it from somewhere.

You can’t expect to rely on this squad forever, and if you can’t improve your player trading out the door then you’ll end up losing what you deem as assets for pennies when contracts run out.

As a result, there will be no cash to replace those assets, meaning a further deterioration in squad quality and a less competitive Rangers.

A less competitive Rangers will result in less trophies won, limited European runs, and even less cash being generated than is at the moment.

Is it difficult to achieve? I’m sure it probably us, but the reality is if the club want to remain the dominant force in Scottish football then they need to find a way to achieve it. If they don’t, we’ll play second fiddle to Celtic for years to come with very little opportunity to change that.

This post is absolutely 100% spot on.

BTW just throwing money at things isn't guaranteed success either. Look at Celtic as a prime example...

£5m - Barkas
£5m - Ajeti
£3m - Bolingoli
£2m - Soro

That's just off the top of my head.

Obviously we'd love a marquee signing but we've picked up guys like McGregor, Davis, Kamara and Morelos for next to nothing and they're some of our best players.

We've also bought guff like Grezda for £2m+

This is bang on, it’s quote after quote that fans are spoiled.

It’s that underlying feeling that we are worse than last year that is stirring emotion from fans.

We are better than we are performing by a long shot as has been proven.

There is no problem in stating or discussing that.

The extreme views should rightly get shot down but anyone suggesting anything negative is told they are spoiled, entitled etc

We’re off it and we want us back to playing like we know we can. Where’s the problem there?

It's not an underlying feeling, it is a fact. We have nearly halved our goal output in first 11 competitive fixtures compared to last season, whilst our goals against is 3x as much.

Who did you want to sign?

The boy who scored the 1st goal tonight looked like a player. Only 10 million pounds.

He'd need back up though so any suggestions?

"I'm not excited by these signings."

You won't even give the boys a chance to settle in or find some form or anything. Just f*cking moaning like f*ck non stop.

What kind of budget do you reckon we have?

It'll probably be worse when we do sell players because not only will the quality of our squad diminish but people are deluded if they think the entire incoming fees will be invested in new players.

Morelos has been a bit of a project for us. It has been a few seasons of development.

Kent was OK in his loan season and good in 2019/20. Last season he came into his own. Development.

Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Kamara Aribo and Hagi are all talents that have improved over time at the club.

Now you want guys to come in and be better than last seasons players straight off the bat?

Completely unrealistic.

I thought winning 55 and stopping them would have lessened some of this toxic nonsense in our support but it hasn't.

We are simultaneously convinced that almost all of our starting 11 are 10 million plus players but also want the club to make signings that will improve the starting 11. Brilliant. Who's paying for all that?

Let's sell a player for 15 million, right? Then buy a few players of better quality than that 15 million player for much less than 15 million. Oh and cut ticket prices too please!

Where is the cash Coming from ?
Deep pockets obviously.
The majority on here want more players, staff and free shit, plus cheaper tickets and merch.

And then, the same miserable fucks are the first round tell us we are an 8 million midfielder short of a team that can compete home and away.

As laughable as Celtic away In Europe.

No-one is acting like a spoiled brat. We’ve been told for a number of years now that the model is to buy young, develop and sell for significant profit. Quite simply, on that front, the club have thus far failed. That’s where the money is supposed to be coming from to strengthen and keep the ball rolling. We also let a gilt-edged opportunity of CL income slip through our fingers this season by failing to put out a team good enough to compete in the qualifiers. Meanwhile as fans we’ve chucked money at the club left right and centre over recent years in particular.

But yeah, sit down, shut up and be grateful.

After talking up about how the summer window will of been quality over quantity everyone expected us to go to the next level, talking about player trading too, the yahoos must’ve made nearly 40 million on frimpong, klimala, edouard and Ajer after a proper shit show of a season and we can’t even attract 1 bid? Just seems like someone isn’t doing their job right, I’d of much preferred we only brought in 1 player this whole summer if it was someone that offered the kind of ability kent etc could bring and I’m probably not the only one who would think that, then they’d of backed up this “quality over quantity” comment

Back