Worst Football Related Opinions You Have Heard/Read?

There was a thread last night which said our Management Team should go as they had, this season, switched from using proper wingers to #10's. That has to be up there.

I remember at the home game against Shkupi years ago some guy in front of me went mental as Tav was going to take the penalty. I asked him who should take it and he said "eh, eh, Mereles obviously".

Murty’s doing well and learning his trade

Halliday better than Barisic

“Oh joy, a chartlton defender” - a prominent poster on learning we were signing Bougherra

As much as I hate to say it people suggesting Kent deserved to be in the England squad ahead of Sterling was quite embarrassing

McGregor better than Goram

Ronaldo is the GOAT

All quite embarrassing opinions (in my opinion).
You were doing so well anaw until the last one.

“Oh joy, a chartlton defender” - a prominent poster on learning we were signing Bougherra

As much as I hate to say it people suggesting Kent deserved to be in the England squad ahead of Sterling was quite embarrassing

Ronaldo is the GOAT

Come on now, it’s pretty obvious you are a massive Messi fan but including that one is just silly. Even if you do believe he isn’t the GOAT its not even close to being an ‘embarrassing or worst’ opinion.

After Nicky Law's debut against Albion Rovers, there was a genuine thread on here comparing him to Ray Wilkins and Gazza.
I'd like to say I'm not the idiot in question but I find it equally stupid when people can't say two players play in a similar style albeit at a far higher level. Getting Wilkins and Gascoigne from one player is quite impressive though. It's like saying Makelele and Zidane in terms of the differences in style and role there from what I know of both players. :D

I'd like to say I'm not the idiot in question but I find it equally stupid when people can't say two players play in a similar style albeit at a far higher level. Getting Wilkins and Gascoigne from one player is quite impressive though. It's like saying Makelele and Zidane in terms of the differences in style and role there from what I know of both players. :D

Wasn't that sensible.

Stated that he was a mix of both players.

The time when scott brown scored against st mirren in his first season at celtic and keith jackson claimed he was reminded of paul gascoigne. And no, apparently he wasnt joking.

Kevin De Bruyne is overated.

Andy Halliday is a ned because he talks with a Glaswegian accent.

Katic is the best defender at the club.

Should be worried about the tims because they beat Jablonec.

The season is still salvageable because we lost to Lyon whilst we currently sit top of the league after 5 games.

Quite honestly, for me, it had to be the shite coming from the tims last season. Apparently it wasn't us that was good, it was them that were shite. That was the only reason we won 55.

After Nicky Law's debut against Albion Rovers, there was a genuine thread on here comparing him to Ray Wilkins and Gazza.

Tbf when we were in the third division if you’d asked me how long it would take us to win the SPL again I’d have said 4 years, 5 max

I sat an
Sat in a pub with a guy after Gerrard was appointed and listened to him genuinely opine that a Dodds/McIntyre double appointment would have been better because 'they know the leagues and the grounds'.

I wasn't quite at that level. But will absolutely admit to at the time seeing some merit in McInnes being linked.

Obviously a horseshit opinion, but at a moment in time I could see why we were linked.

I had just done the tour, and was sold kn the idea we needed someone who knew the club and Scottish football.

My other claim to fame is tipping Leicester to go down the year they appointed the tinker man.

Was happy to speak at great length about him being a poor choice and wouldn't work.

Thats the beautiful game for you.

A fellow bear in a queue at the bar in corkerhill lodge who said to me and my mate “I’ve said for ages we will never win anything under Gerrard”. I hope he remembers me cos I went a bit loopy at him and was sent away by mate, wonder what he was saying when we won #55

My dad said Harry Kane is over rated and no that good.
A said he won a the golden boot at the World Cup and he said aye 3 against Costa Rica and he hits the penalties.

EO0uwSLX4AsbAYe.jpg

I will never be able to look at this man the same way again.

Come on now, it’s pretty obvious you are a massive Messi fan but including that one is just silly. Even if you do believe he isn’t the GOAT its not even close to being an ‘embarrassing or worst’ opinion.
Not at all, I think it’s mental given one has vastly more to his game and only one of em is generally compared alongside Pele and Maradona. Carragher put it perfectly on MNF last time ;)

Lundstram thinks he's "billy big baws" because he relayed tactical information to a team mate when he came on as a sub.

Rangers should sell Borna Barisic and buy Greg Taylor (when at Killie)

Cummings is better than Morelos

Hodson is better than Tav

Rangers should sack Steven Gerrard (after Aberdeen semi in his first season)
Howling at the first one hahah.

Mine would be that Advocaat should be sacked after losing his first game in charge, away to Hearts. It was me that said it, but in my defence I was 14 and the shock of seeing us not win the league for the first time in my football supporting life was still raw.

Ronaldo is the GOAT

McGregor better than Goram is not ridiculous.

I’ve been guilty of two in recent years. I wanted Gerrard gone after the Hamilton game. I’ve got a WhatsApp message on my phone to a mate stating this and the Davis is done, Goldson needs punted, Jack is pedestrian.

I was also a fully signed up member of the Jason Cummings should have started before Alfredo fan club.

In closing, I am a fanny who doesn’t have a clue really.

Seen a cracker on Twitter last night that Lyon would be a mid table Scottish team!

And this was after the game last night. Fair play to the lad, he’s doubling down on it B-D

Back