Ibrox needs a big revamp.

When a lot of bears of a certain vintage are asked what was the best atmosphere they have experienced, a lot say Parma in 1999.

No rail seats, no standing (officially), no drums or megaphones.

We could sing our “traditional” songs and didn’t have to think about the words and whether they may offend people watching and listening for the sole reason of being offended.
The fact we haven't matched it or beaten a game over 20 years ago tells me it's time for a change.

And our away support dont only sing to the beat of the UB.. its a good mix of them and spontaneous singing which is what we should aim for inside Ibrox.

The atmosphere at Ibrox is average at best (bar the odd game) and has been for some time.. it needs sorted.

A proper standing/singing section needs created as of next season.

Last night in GF2 was a joke.. guy behind screaming at people to sit down to the point he's trying to scrap with other fans.

Stuff like this happens all too regularly and it's because the club won't get the finger out and move like minded fans to the same sections.

Our away support are the best in Britain.. why not have something similar at Ibrox?

I've been to County & St Johnstone this season and both have been a much better match day experience than most games you'll get at Ibrox.

Make the Copland Front our singing section and let fans register an interest before next season.

Those who want to stay and stand in the Copland can.. those who want to join will simply replace those who want to leave.

As for the "I've sat here for 20 years" argument.. well tough luck, you either want to see positive changes at the club and agree to move.. or you don't renew and you'll be replaced by someone who wants to contribute to the matchday experience.

It will also benefit the players on the pitch.. you see it at Anfield for example, at times it feels like the Kop suck the ball into the net with the noise they make.

It's the one aspect I've been really disappointed in dating back to when King took over, loads of positive change at the club but there's been no appetite to improve the Ibrox matchday experience.

It should be high on the list of priorities for me.
Anfield is a terrible example. As are most English stadiums. All grounds can be rocking for big games and quiet for others. We're no different to anyone else in the UK.

I call you, when I need you my heart's on fire
You come to me, come to me, wild and wild
You come to me
Give me everything I need
Give me a lifetime of promises and a world of dreams
Speak the language of love like you know what it means
And it can't be wrong, take my heart
And make it strong, baby

I'm stuck on your heart
I hang on every word you say
Oh, tear us apart, no, no
Baby, I would rather be dead
Each time you leave me I start losing control
You're walking away with my heart and my soul
I can feel you even when I'm alone
Oh, baby, don't let go

Look at those lyrics and tell me that is what 40k plus Rangers fans should be rallying round when the team comes out.

The Ibrox atmosphere starts off on the back foot every single game. As we sing or falter though 90 percent of simply the best, which as the lyrics above show is absolutely shite.

Malmo and game against crash barriers was amazing atmosphere.

Last night was odd just felt flat from the warm up

Because it was closed?

The European nights have been brilliant the last few years as have the Celtic games etc, second half against Celtic a few weeks ago was brilliant. You are never going to get Ibrox or any stadium bouncing every week. Not the stadiums fault, it happens nowhere in the UK.
Because there is not one UK setup that matches abroad for fans.

We have the mentality & passion that can get the stadium bouncing for most the game, like we do during away fans. But the club won’t accommodate putting the away support together at Ibrox.

I remember getting a loan of a season ticket for an old firm game when i was young, being blown away by the atmosphere and despite being very shy, jumping up and joining in with the 'stand up if you hate Celtic' chants. It was utterly liberating.......only for the guy behind to tell me to sit the fck down. It has stuck with me because I remember being so confused as to what was the right or wrong thing to do.

The atmosphere at Ibrox is average at best (bar the odd game) and has been for some time.. it needs sorted.

A proper standing/singing section needs created as of next season.

Last night in GF2 was a joke.. guy behind screaming at people to sit down to the point he's trying to scrap with other fans.

Stuff like this happens all too regularly and it's because the club won't get the finger out and move like minded fans to the same sections.

Our away support are the best in Britain.. why not have something similar at Ibrox?

I've been to County & St Johnstone this season and both have been a much better match day experience than most games you'll get at Ibrox.

Make the Copland Front our singing section and let fans register an interest before next season.

Those who want to stay and stand in the Copland can.. those who want to join will simply replace those who want to leave.

As for the "I've sat here for 20 years" argument.. well tough luck, you either want to see positive changes at the club and agree to move.. or you don't renew and you'll be replaced by someone who wants to contribute to the matchday experience.

It will also benefit the players on the pitch.. you see it at Anfield for example, at times it feels like the Kop suck the ball into the net with the noise they make.

It's the one aspect I've been really disappointed in dating back to when King took over, loads of positive change at the club but there's been no appetite to improve the Ibrox matchday experience.

It should be high on the list of priorities for me.
I don’t disagree with the sentiment but the Copland front won’t work as you would effect the view from those sat in the Govan corner.
It has to be the enclosures.

The UB need to go to Ibrox and stand in silence like everyone else until the board do something . It’s the only way to get other supporters to back them. Only the fans can change the boards mind on this. Even the players and Gerrard then would be asking wtf is going on
The UBs should focus on not doing daft things first tbh.

Reactions: GF7
Team performances impact atmosphere and last night was abysmal.

You can hear a difference in the atmosphere the moment a player takes a shot or gets stuck into the opposition. It’s incredibly difficult to force yourself to sing when you’re sitting there worrying about how terrible your team is playing

Up to the players 90% of the time.

We didn’t play that well last night, but the performance itself was just flat. There wasn’t the usual closing down of opposition, we were passive and sat off as we have done for 99% of the season.

We’re being charged a ridiculous price for EL games, the players need to do more.

The fact we haven't matched it or beaten a game over 20 years ago tells me it's time for a change.

And our away support dont only sing to the beat of the UB.. its a good mix of them and spontaneous singing which is what we should aim for inside Ibrox.
What I’m trying to say is that Ibrox is a unique atmosphere. There is nowhere like it on planet earth. The crowd is responsive to events on the pitch (and off it). The crowd plays it’s part, so should the players.
Not sure how old you are but the criminalisation of the “marching through Georgia” song has had the desired affect from those who attacked it. That being sung after a goal was hairs on your back stuff but is a lost battle now.
Would I swap a big European game atmosphere for a generic ultra drone at every game? Not for me.

Atmosphere is a big part of a football experience and a good one can help on the pitch, there seems to be people though who go to games fo follow the the likes of the UB rather than the team itself.

Tha majority of people go to games not because of the atmosphere though, it's because they like to watch football and react to what happens in front of them.

"As for the "I've sat here for 20 years" argument.. well tough luck, you either want to see positive changes at the club and agree to move.. or you don't renew and you'll be replaced by someone who wants to contribute to the matchday experience" - this attitude helps nobody though.

Am sure all the 'want to stand & sing crowd' will be happy to pay a 50% ST levy for a few seasons to cover the costs.
Seem to remember a few years ago the UB floated the idea and said it would cost 500K and they would crowd fund it. I could be wrong though.

Get rid of the screens. Put seats in the upper corners and convert the whole Govan, Copland and Broomloan lower tiers into continuous safe standing. Would take capacity over 60K and Atmosphere would be insane..

What I’m trying to say is that Ibrox is a unique atmosphere. There is nowhere like it on planet earth. The crowd is responsive to events on the pitch (and off it). The crowd plays it’s part, so should the players.
Not sure how old you are but the criminalisation of the “marching through Georgia” song has had the desired affect from those who attacked it. That being sung after a goal was hairs on your back stuff but is a lost battle now.
Would I swap a big European game atmosphere for a generic ultra drone at every game? Not for me.
Ibrox is shite 90% of the time and that's a fact, its actually sad that you only get a decent atmosphere v Celtic and some European teams, a handful of Lyon fans made more noise than half the fans in Ibrox yesterday.

The atmosphere at Ibrox is garbage 95% of the time because people think it’s a race to finish a song. It sounds horrific when different sections are like 5/10 seconds behind the others

I’m in BF1 but I’ve noticed the UB drummer absolutely murders tunes at times. One example what’s when “I’m feeling it” was on the tannoy pre-match and the drums are getting smashed. What’s the point?

It’s actually hilarious how many people don’t know words to blue sea of Ibrox/every other Saturday/Copland road but can sing loyalist tunes start to finish. Pathetic really

By unique do you mean a morgue with 2/3 sporadic outbursts of chants over a 90min spell?

Sadly It’s extremely rare that you’ll get a breathtaking atmosphere at Ibrox

I don't see the marching through Georgia battle as finished yet, but we need to wait until there are people in power willing to stand up for us before we fight for it again.

BF1 is sold out every game.

There are hundreds of supporters buss's that are filled with guys who would jump at the chance of us creating a proper singing section inside Ibrox.
With what's went on recently I don't think the club trust a large group of fans an area of the ground that would be know to be the singing/standing section to behave and not paint a massive target on the clubs back by singing certain songs.

With what's went on recently I don't think the club trust a large group of fans an area of the ground that would be know to be the singing/standing section to behave and not paint a massive target on the clubs back by singing certain songs.
Trust them enough to invite them into Ibrox and get a picture with the trophy

This false narrative of its only UB/BF1 that have ever sung questionable songs needs to stop.

Trust them enough to invite them into Ibrox and get a picture with the trophy

This false narrative of its only UB/BF1 that have ever sung questionable songs needs to stop.
It's not my opinion I just think that's the way the board are looking at. I can't see any other reason any maybe not the UB who I'm sure police there own members on what to sing and what not to sing more if they make the whole stand a singing stand to anyone they'd be worried they might open a can worms. Because it's clear it works at places like the yellow wall at Dortmund ect

It's not my opinion I just think that's the way the board are looking at. I can't see any other reason any maybe not the UB who I'm sure police there own members on what to sing and what not to sing more if they make the whole stand a singing stand to anyone they'd be worried they might open a can worms. Because it's clear it works at places like the yellow wall at Dortmund ect
Issue is, questionable songs have been sung across the full BF/other parts of the stadium before but it’s easy to just blame BF1/UB

I’m not UB but I’ve been in BF1 since 2011, first game against Hearts. I can honestly say I can’t ever remember the boys on the megaphone starting songs that are banned. I’d be lying if I said people in the section haven’t over the last 10 years but as I said, it’s easy for people to just blame UB/BF1

That said, I do agree with your point to an extent but I’d counter that and say would it be any worse than an away game? Not sure

Safe standing will never happen at Ibrox. There is absolutely no appetite for it from the current board.
The whole of the front of the Broomie should be safe standing. is tot going to happen anywhere else in the stadium, as the complaints regarding you are not moving me out my seat will put pay to that.

it has to happen.

The UB need to go to Ibrox and stand in silence like everyone else until the board do something . It’s the only way to get other supporters to back them. Only the fans can change the boards mind on this. Even the players and Gerrard then would be asking wtf is going on
The board don’t give a flying %^*& about the atmosphere. The atmosphere doesn’t have a wallet or bank account. The arse on the seat does

If money was no object I would love to see the full Broomie front safe standing with rover season tickets for it,Bears going in and standing with their mates a bit like an away game atmosphere.

Love it. Great shout. Id go further and do the whole of the Govan Front and the corners.

I also like the idea of rover tickets. Its boring sitting in the same seat year in and year out. I know there are disadvantages but the benefits far outweigh them. Its fairer and would encourage fans to get in early. It would also help some realise they dont own a seat. The club could leave a few seats empty in each stand so there's no problem finding a seat.

The board don’t give a flying %^*& about the atmosphere. The atmosphere doesn’t have a wallet or bank account. The arse on the seat does

I hope Gerrard puts pressure on them as he knows what a difference a 'Kop' style stand can make.

Ibrox now is noisier than it was when East/West Enclosures were standing areas.

Having said that people should have option of standing somewhere if they wish to do so.

I dont think playing the tannoy at 11 counts.

Back