MOTM Poll Rangers v Motherwell - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like midweek players wanting far too many touches on the ball before making a decision.... seems to be a lack of confidence amongst the players.....

Are we not top of the league? Did I dream that?
Unless we win 5-0 every game, it's shite these days. I think social media and instant, angry reactions have played a big part in it. They'll also get the approval from other similar nutters that reinforces their stupidity instead of being calmed down or giving themselves time to calm down as you would've in the past. We won 32 in the league last season drawing 6. Draws happen. Some of our fans seem to have the memory of a goldfish and the mood swings and anger are genuinely embarrassing. I'll throw in it's fairly common place in world football for teams to drop points after tough midweek European games - and our only real rivals for the league (generally speaking and not in their form either) actually lost today.

One good performance so far this season, extremely worrying.

Gerrard clearly hasn’t learned his lesson from fucking about with the defence, the same fucking about that cost us the Malmö game.

And he complains about the summers transfers?

We have to face up to reality. This is a shadow of the team that won the title last season. Unless our professionalism returns to kill teams off, then our chances of retaining the title will dissipate by the week. What a waste that was today to pile the pressure onto our rivals. We are regressing at an alarming speed.
And who’s going to win it, a team who can’t buy a win away from home?
Or are one of the Edinburgh clubs going to come through and stun Scottish football?
we will click, we haven’t had a fully full squad to choose from in any game this season.

After a promising first half where we dominated the ball in the midfield to the attack to that in the second half. Our midfield was really poor including Steven Davis who gave McGregor at least two or three hospital balls when he was being pressed. Passive, no cohesion mid to front and no tracking mid to back. Not happy with that second half performance one bit. Not good enough for champions to play like that!

Last edited:
Some real proficient stuff in the first half. Kept the tempo for a lot of the game and managed to find some gears we haven't seen this season. Game management was poor and really lacking infront of goal. Looks like we sent the wrong defender out on loan too.

Few players in that team need a serious attitude adjustment came out in the second half thinking job done, also if we don't have anyone coming through the ranks that's better than Simpson to be 4th choice cb then whats the point his defending is up there with Rob keirnan, pathetic

Absolutely fucking hopeless second half, the hunger has gone from this team, Kamara does nothing, Tav was abysmal, Barisic is overrated, Davis is the only one bursting a gut, woeful second half performance, back to the managers performances pre covid. There is something not right at Ibrox just now, atmosphere today was woeful as it was midweek, the Malmo result at Ibrox has done a lot more damage than we thought. One more thing if we dont have a yoing centre half who is better than Simpson then close the academy as the guy is woeful, we send Katic away on loan and keep this diddy.

We’ve a lot of work to do in sharpening up in front of goal. When you give a team like them something to hang in to they will. A real chance to open a lead at the top and 6 above them. Pissed off we did that!

Real chance to put severe pressure on that mob today. So fkn annoyed at that. So many missed chances, why the fk was Simpson played instead of Balogun? Seen enough of Simpson to see that he’s not good enough.
To reduce the risk of Balogun getting injured then we have to play Simpson every week and Bassey at centre half in Europe.

Our concentration levels are piss poor this season. Still, it would be nice to see the same side play two games in a row.

Chopping and changing certainly doesn't help.

Lucky if we've seen the same GK, back four and front 3 in any game.

Subs made when it’s too late, subs made being questionable too. It’s almost starting to feel like we’re going back to our pre-55 ways.

good thing we’ll have the usual jobby polishers fire fighting for the next couple of days
Took all the pace out of the the team and never looked like scoring again as we revert to the standard aimless Tavernier/Barisic cross spam to our giant CF's (!?)

Thought Sakala looked lively, would have kept him on. Davis worst game in a Rangers shirt?
Davis was cracking first half, back to his rolls Royce best. Don't know what that 2nd half was all about from all of them, Sakala likely just knackered mate. Thought he done well, looked lively and worked like a Trojan.

We never seem to get to there when Kamara and Aribo are both in mid field. That second half was totally unacceptable after a very promising first half.
I am not voting for man of the match, if you only play for 45 minutes you don’t deserve it.

Who is picking Davis? Guy needs a rest or to restire from international football.

We just can't seem to kick-start the season and I'm starting to think we'll win the league without getting that spark back due to the other teams just being rubbish. I think we need to be looking to sign a goalscorer/poacher in January.

Very difficult to understand that performance. It really was pretty pathetic after they scored.

That mob being awful is papering over the cracks somewhat. We can’t keep stumbling along like this and expect to win the league.

Why are we consistently trying to walk the ball into the net? We don't seem to be able to hit anybody on the break or take a man on. It really is poor.

Simpson is out of his depth but the concession of a poor goal isn't what cost us.

Too much fannying around at the other end of the park.

Infuriating second half but I could see them equalising given how wasteful we were. A real chance to turn the screw and give us a nice buffer blown.

With the ball our midfield are devoid of cutting edge and consistent creativity. To have a 3 on 2 and not even get a shot on target is just nowhere near good enough.

Without the ball the midfield know the job well.

But how Gerrard had presided over a midfield that actually can't hurt teams in games is woeful.

The teams regressing.

Actually thought we were better than we have been, particularly first half but second half we started being too pedestrian.

The 3 on 2 situation was a key moment, that we made an arse of. 4 points ahead, 6 games played - that’s all that matters to me right now.
It looked more like a 5 on 2 but Davis choose the wrong option

Not good enough, big chance missed and really don't know why we went from a midfield parked on their 18 yard box to being absolutely nowhere! Aribo and Kamara looked like Sunday League players in that second half.

Very good first half,great movement from all our front players, haven’t a clue what happened the second half we played as though we where winning 3-0 with 5 minutes to go.

Effing long journey home after watching that, first half we were good just lacked an in form goal scorer second half was abysmal.

We’re shite and have been since the start of the season we look clueless toothless and aimless and gerrards need to play Jack Simpson when he’s not good enough will always bite him

we need a real shake up

Too many swanning about thinking their much better players than they are and have been for a while.
Aribo, Kamara, Tav, Goldson, Barasic, just not at the races for weeks now. Lack of urgency is frightening.
At least the scum got beat
Have to face up to it, looking like one season wonders. There is not one player on current form I'd be sorry to lose if the window opened today.

11 games we have played this season and the Dunfermline game aside, our level of performance has been dire - there is a lack of drive, desire, pace and skill. We have a defence that no longer fills you with confidence, a midfield that cannot create or even chip in with a goal or two and a frontline that badly needs goalscorers.

How many times especially in the first hour did we get in some brilliant positions around the penalty area and yet balls it up? The three v two breakaway, summed us up today.

I've got to say that as soon as they equalised, I knew we weren't going to win this.
In fact, it was going to be us ensuring that we got a point out of it (at home, on Flag Day).

Also, as soon as Sakala went off, we lost all of our threat up front.
tbh I'd have had Roofe off instead.

Bacuna didn't show much, but at least he had a shot and we saw him.

Arfield (who I genuinely like) looked like the wrong player to bring on.
And I might have had Kamara off instead of Davis.

We really miss not being to use 5 subs !

Looking on the bright side -- it was a point we got, when our most obvious league opposition lost all 3.
And we're on top of the league.
So, on that basis, not the worst possible outcome for today.

We seem to have changed tactics this season. We don’t press teams as hard out of possession and force them into mistakes. Also noticing our full backs haven’t been bombing forward as much.

Pish tbh. Mid September and I’m still waiting for us to actually play decent for a whole 90 minutes.

Feels very like the 19/20 campaign, not good enough.
Thought we played our best football all season in the 1st half it was the exact opposite in the 2nd ,we extended our lead on them today should have been more though it’s been a good day.

To reduce the risk of Balogun getting injured then we have to play Simpson every week and Bassey at centre half in Europe.
I see your point. See this is when our youth system continually lets us down, we buy this guy Simpson from a 3rd rate club from the championship. He’s not physical enough. Patterson aside our lack of good young players ready to step up is fkn diabolical for a club our size.

Back