This current Rangers team has peaked. We're now on the slide

SDF

Doesn't make us shite, doesn't make us bad but we are not the same side as last season. We're good but we are going through the motions something awful this season.

Energy, hunger, desire..call it what you want. Whatever you call it, we don't have it anymore. There is absolutely no zip to this team.

Failure(for whatever reason) to freshen up this squad is going to cost us.

Doesn't make us shite, doesn't make us bad but we are not the same side as last season. We're good but we are going through the motions something awful this season.

Energy, hunger, desire..call it what you want. Whatever you call it, we don't have it anymore. There is absolutely no zip to this team.

But we did freshen the squad up - we brought in several new squad players.

What we didn't do was improve the starting eleven.

I agree it’s just a slow start tbh but we should’ve improved in the summer with a signing or two of real intent, that’s nothing personal against the players we’ve brought in.

We’ll still win the league and probably by a distance

You win the league. You keep the same side. You go stale.

It happens a lot.

However, there are specifics to our situation:
- Davis and Arfield are clearly on their way out of the game.
- 2 huge players in Goldson and Kamara are messing us about with their contracts.
- Recent squad signings don’t look good enough.

The main point though, and this is something we’ve seen for 3 years; if Morelos isn’t on his A game, we don’t show up.

As I said on the match thread, it’s the obsession with getting wide and crossing it that’s the major problem. It’s so predictable and fruitless! Needs to stop pronto

it’s a tactical problem not a team peaking problem IMO
You might be right, I think the fullbacks are looking for more bodies in the box to make those first time crosses

Not even at the standard of the first couple of years under Gerrard. Only positive is that lot are worse

Thankfully that lot being shite is helping us otherwise we’d be behind in the league

scandalous we’ve slipped up to Motherwell and Dundee Utd after less than 10 games

first half I thought we looked like ourselves but failed to take chances yet again

then concede a shocker of a goal due to Simpson failing to go through the ball, no idea what he was up to but I guess that’s on Gerrard for insisting in fecking about with the defence when it’s not required

I feel there has been to many disruptions, covid, injuries etc etc

we were lucky last year with everything falling in to place

if things settle, we will be fine
We are not killing teams off and it's a worry, also when we make a sub in a game like that you are looking to put on a match winner Arfield is not that.

Results like ours today take the pressure of teams round about us. And especially the mhanky mob. Frustration is the new expectation watching us just now.

It seems to happen to every team who has a dominant season like we did last season. See Man City in 19/20 and Liverpool last season. Last season may just have emotionally and physically sapped them.

I don’t think it will cost us dearly, but we will drop more points than last season that’s for sure.

We do have the advantage at the moment and with the filth losing it gives us a very slight psychological edge in the title race.

I do agree with you, however, that we look like we peaked as a side last season and we are going downhill.

Guys like Bacuna and Sakala certainly should have added that pacey edge to our game, would like to get more from Roofe even though he is a class act.

Today was clearly just one of those games. Motherwell came with a plan to stifle and frustrate and they succeeded. We need to learn from that and be able to counter the negativity in future, which isn’t an easy thing to do but if we are to finally reach CL heights, then we absolutely need to learn from our mistakes and bad games or else we won’t be going to the CL any time soon.

It’s certainly starting to look like that.

Team badly needs freshened up and probably a change of shape/tactics too.

Subs a bit earlier would also help.

Needed something sizeable in the summer in the middle of the park.

A renewed driving force: bit of class.

We have a better squad, but the starting 11 is stale.

(CL exit fucked it, I know).

Reminds me of the 93/94 season. I think we'll still win the league but we'll drop points all over the place.

This is exactly what it's like.

Still better than the rest of the league but nowhere near what we were previously.

Hope we've got a Hateley for the rest of the season

Trying to walk the ball into the next, and keystone cops defending again cost us. Lyon had 2 shots on target and 2 goals. Motherwell had 1 shot on target and 1 goal. This is no accident. We are regressing at an alarming speed.

Reactions: VMS

Lol

You might be right, I think the fullbacks are looking for more bodies in the box to make those first time crosses
Genuinely mate, how many goals have we scored from crosses this season? Compare that to the number of crosses that don’t get past the first man or balloons across and misses every c@nt!

we are so predictable! Pass pass wide….lose possession. It’s infuriating! We need to play football through the middle

I agree, we will get through this season but next season we will have our own rebuild of sorts.

Really frustrating we didn't take full advantage of them losing but to be 4 points ahead of them while playing poorly all season is a good sign.

As I said on the match thread, it’s the obsession with getting wide and crossing it that’s the major problem. It’s so predictable and fruitless! Needs to stop pronto

We played much better playing through the middle like we played in the first half. For some strange reason we stopped doing that in the second half.

We are not killing teams off and it's a worry, also when we make a sub in a game like that you are looking to put on a match winner Arfield is not that.

on Arfield I agree, but Bacuna looked tidy today, we have Kent out, Morelos carrying and Sakala getting upto speed., they will hopefully be the ones coming on instead of Arfield.

Once we get settled I think we'll be fine, to many things have beeing going against us so far that dont help with getting a settled team on the park.

time will tell, but I think we will still skoosh it

Last season Itten would have dug us out of that today and we'd have praised the squad for its depth and options.

It's a bad spell and the lads need to stick together while the new guys get their fingers out and make an impact.

The most dangerous we look atm is when Goldson plays one of his Hollywood 60 yarders over the top for either Roofe or Sakala to run onto. That's worrying, that's how teams like Motherwell play to get any joy. We have no cutting edge atm.

It might not cost us this season, but next season we’re going to need a massive overhaul.
If we win this season we'll freshen the squad with the guaranteed champions league money, but that income is not worth gambling with.

If we don't see a step up over the coming weeks then we really need to spend some money in January to strengthen the starting 11 and secure this title knowing the prize pot at stake.

Only player who consistently comes inside to try to break the lines is Aribo. Everyone else is happy to play the easy ball out wide.

Its OK Gerrard saying we have yet to click but we are the guts of 2 months into the season and the question should be why? Not scoring enough goals from open play and giving away soft goals is not a good way to continue.

We played much better playing through the middle like we played in the first half. For some strange reason we stopped doing that in the second half.
Spot on pal, the only 45 mins this season where going wide was not done every time we go forward. Honestly my brain is frazzled with how predictable we are at something we’re rank rotten at

Back