Jack Simpson

I’ve tried to give him the benefit of doubt so far but I just don’t think he’s good enough.

It wasn’t his fault we lost today but he doesn’t inspire confidence in the fans or the players IMO.

He’s not good enough but Goldson/Tav on the right of our defence let us down time and time again. Not that Tav was at fault for their goal but what Goldson is doing out there is beyond me.

This seasons Joe Worrall, absolutely abysmal. Starting to see why he wasn’t favoured at Bournemouth

Why does he commit himself? Just run alongside the boy. He took himself completely out the game.

He had a reasonable enough game otherwise, but every game he plays he has at least one howler that either directly leads to a goal or contributes to a clear goalscoring chance for opposition.

He isn't good enough. It's quite clear.

Looks quite small for a centre half. Made a good block at one point but can’t think of any other positives.

In his defence, can’t be easy coming in for one appearance every few weeks. Must be hard to gain any sort of form. But performances like that are going to make that hard for him. Think he might play on Wednesday though.

The number of times he played a shite pass into our midfield was remarkable. Either that or playing it to the wrong player and putting us under major pressure, utter guff

Edmunson is a better player by a mile unfortunately simpson is hopeless balogun played well against lyon what happens today on the bench

He is woeful and that’s me being kind to avoid a ban

From the first moment today he had their player come near him he never looked comfortable

His attempt at a tackle for their goal summed him up

The manager is to blame though for this insistence on rotating players. Balogun and Goldson are going to be the main pairing for the foreseeable so no need to rest him so soon for a guy that really should be playing for our B team

He’s been a bizarre signing it truth be told

Can't read the flight of the ball, the run of an attacker and indecisive in attacking a loose ball which led to the goal. He gives me Rob kiernan vibes.

Genuinely woeful. You see why he's played less games in his career at 24 years old than Goldson did in his first season for us. He's weak, not good in the air and doesn't know when to commit to a challenge. He's a defender that seems to lack any of the abilities you want at his position. He was a long term target for Gerrard as well, absolutely zero idea what he sees in him.

We let Danny Wilson leave 44 months ago knowing we needed better than him if we wanted to get back to challenging for trophies. We signed the English version of him in the January window for some reason. Signed until 2025.

Back