MOTM Poll Rangers v Motherwell - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T
With the ball our midfield are devoid of cutting edge and consistent creativity. To have a 3 on 2 and not even get a shot on target is just nowhere near good enough.

Without the ball the midfield know the job well.

But how Gerrard had presided over a midfield that actually can't hurt teams in games is woeful.

The teams regressing.
Very disappointed in Davis at the opportunity.Expected much better from him.Usually a player you could say would have the composure to find the right pass.
We as a team look utterly shit scared In front of goal.Forwards struggling to find a goal.A midfield who continually fall out the game and a defence where every single one of them has a mistake in them.Why Simpson started today is beyond me.The manager is continually chopping and changing a defence which is never a good sign.Balogun (man of the match Thursday out of position) would have been better than Simpson and should not have been dropped.

Not improving the side in the summer is going to haunt us. I like the look of Sakala but we need more at this time
I agree but we can't buy players with magic beans. We are where we are as a club. Spending money we don't have doesn't work as we know. We need to make smart cheap signings.

Bit sloppy today and its cost us two points. Especially frustrating in light of Celtic slip-up. That said, at least no damage done and we are that tiny bit further in front of them.

Not sure if he’s protecting his hammy but Morelos looks chronically slow just now, no danger he’s outpacing any defenders

Watching the guys analyse the goal we lost on RTV our defending was absolutely dreadful. A huge gap between Goldson and Simpson you could drive a bus through. Barisic dawdling about on a Sunday stroll. So incredibly frustrating considering the amount of touches we had in their box by comparison and created very few good chances.

That's a good reality check there being only 1 point worse off. Our run of games has been harder than anything they've had, 2 of their only 3 wins have been against relegation certainty cannon fodder.
We're not in a great position but it's not bad either, 80-85 PTS wins the league this season

I hate arguing fixture difficulty, but I feel like they've had their hardest 3 away games already, lost them all, and we're only 4 clear despite one of those defeats coming against us.

How confident would you be if our next three away were Hearts, celtic and Livi?

We should play like we did last season, instead of trying to change tactics and over complicate things. You don’t need to set up to play in the Scottish league like you are playing top euro teams

That's a good reality check there being only 1 point worse off. Our run of games has been harder than anything they've had, 2 of their only 3 wins have been against relegation certainty cannon fodder.
We're not in a great position but it's not bad either, 80-85 PTS wins the league this season

I don’t really agree our fixtures have been harder though mate.

They’ve gone to Livingston, hearts and Ibrox. We’ve been to Dundee United and St Johnstone neither of whom will be top 6 material I don’t think.

Essentially it’s a long season and I won’t be panicking just yet but right now we have squandered glorious chances to be …6, 7, maybe even 9 points clear. That’s almost out of sight at this stage.

Im not one who thinks we have a divine right to win every game but I genuinely did not see us dropping 5 to Dundee Utd and motherwell

I hate arguing fixture difficulty, but I feel like they've had their hardest 3 away games already, lost them all, and we're only 4 clear despite one of those defeats coming against us.

How confident would you be if our next three away were Hearts, celtic and Livi?
We play all 3 back to back away games against Hibs, Hearts,Livi (I think) in early December let's see where we are by that point. A completely different side and mentality I'd hope

Too many players off form, injuries have also played there but. Still early days, yet here we sit 4 points clear of the unwashed and top of the league

Sakala too. What a waste of space. A talentless waste of space.

Can't control the ball, and as for that second half effort at goal - I mean FFS, if you can't hit the target, the fucking huge gaping target, from that beautifully laid on position with that amount of space and time, then you are not fit to play for Rangers.

Let's admit it, Sakala is a bad project gone catastrophically wrong.
Don't agree!
Sakala has energy needed for this team. Sure he should have scored in the second half but strikers miss sometimes including Morelos more often than not!

Very disappointing. I know it's not the end of the world, but I'm starting to get a bit concerned about us this season. Forget the tims for a second and just focus on us and our performance levels just aren't the same this season. Yes we played well for 45 minutes, but with very little end result. The second half was lethargic and riddled with hesitancy and once again we saw schoolboy defending cost us dearly.

I really dont know how we improve other than try to get individual players back to the heights of last season. Goldson, Barasic and Kamara, to name just 3 are performing nowhere near their best. We need to be more direct and cut out this habit of always looking for the ideal ball. Our passing can be exquisite, as it was in the first half today, but that matters jot if there's no end result. We need to develop our ability to spring attacks quickly from our own half rather than constantly rely on the passing game.

We got out of jail today. However we cant hope for results elsewhere going our way every week.

I don’t really agree our fixtures have been harder though mate.

They’ve gone to Livingston, hearts and Ibrox. We’ve been to Dundee United and St Johnstone neither of whom will be top 6 material I don’t think.

Essentially it’s a long season and I won’t be panicking just yet but right now we have squandered glorious chances to be …6, 7, maybe even 9 points clear. That’s almost out of sight at this stage.

Im not one who thinks we have a divine right to win every game but I genuinely did not see us dropping 5 to Dundee Utd and motherwell
They'll struggle at Tannadice and St J will take points off them home and away. If Gerrard had only won 3 games this season he'd be getting chased out by the press, we are in the driving seat here

Extending the lead makes things a bit easier to take.
However, there are some bad signs in that performance there.

Failure to take chances in the first half.
Failure to create good chances in the second half.
Looking shaky at the back and losing a goal when the opposition only have 2 decent chances the whole game.

Livingston at home we started well and then fell away but still killed the game off at the end.
Dundee United away we were OK first half, poor in second and let them score with their only chance.
Ross County away we looked dodgy at the back and let them reduce a 2 goal lead twice basically with their only chances. Fortunately we got a few goals.
Celtic at home we were really excellent in defence but we lacked creativity up front.
St Johnstone away we let them score with basically their only chance and got a bit lucky with Tavs wonder goal.
Today we AGAIN gave the opposition a goal from nothing and again struggled up front.

Anybody who was concerned that this is looking similar to Gerrards first and second seasons is getting ready to say "I told you so" round about now as the warning signs are there.

We might get lucky here if they are going to continue to struggle away from home and drop plenty of daft points themselves.

Pretty concerned about where the season is going to go at this current moment.

Agree it’s like a fu*king hot potato.No composure or actual thought in how to take an opportunity.We look shit scared to take a shot on.
It really is, the first half was so much better in terms of possession and control than in the second half where the shooting was almost non existent and Sakala was one of the few willing to take a shot, rather than make another pass and as much as Glen Kamara is a good player he needs to be taking a shot on more, there was so many opportunities he could have had a dig and didn’t.
As soon as I seen they started to pass across the back line and we didn’t press them and they won more 50/50s then I knew that a goal from them was coming or at least a good opportunity but the way we lost it was shambolic, the defending has been atrocious this season we should never have signed that useless pr*ck Simpson, he’s not up to the standards and should be shown the door at the earliest opportunity, I can’t see him improving.
I would rather we started putting faith into our youth more too many ‘close to breaking into the first team’ but never get a chance to and that’s my biggest frustration with Gerrard has to have more faith in the youth otherwise WTF is the point.

I've got nothing positive to say about this game. It's another atrocious result from another insipid performance.

We're an offside goal from being beaten at home. It's as simple as that. On another day that goal gets chalked off and then what? We sit around aimlessly plinking in shit cross after shit cross against Motherwell's 6ft+ defenders and they carve us open on the break.

It's like fucking groundhog day. Everybody has seen this story a thousand times under Gerrard. We score, we don't score another from about a thousand chances, we don't change anything and the performance level drops off a cliff, we concede, we lose our heads, we make subs way too late and the games gone. The only thing missing was them scoring a set-piece to win it at the death as our management team look about gormlessly.

I mean, some of the goals we have conceded this season have been fucking disgusting to watch back and this one is no exception. Basic error after basic error after basic error and oops, we've conceded. Suicide ball from Davis, Full-backs miles too far up the pitch, defensive line way too high, hit on the break, Midfield nowhere to be seen, Simpson doesn't challenge, Goldson does but it goes to their striker, we concede. Shite.

In summary: Fucking Shite. Get a fucking grip Rangers because this has been fucking disgraceful all season long.

It’s certainly a saving grace.

But one cannot ignore the concerns. A better Celtic team than this and we’d be playing catch up already.

We’ve only dropped 1 point more than last season’s august/September. But against much weaker teams.

There’s a palpable sense of regression and whilst the mentally challengeds can’t buy a win away, their fixtures have been much harder.

We haven’t played anyone likely for threaten the top 6 yet, other than them. If you told me Celtic would lose their first 3 away games and we’d only be 4 points clear, I’d be disappointed
They certainly haven’t had harder fixtures although that’s no consolation to today’s result.

Thought we played our best football all season in the 1st half it was the exact opposite in the 2nd ,we extended our lead on them today should have been more though it’s been a good day.
I agree we played well first half. But have to disagree that it’s been a good day. Dropping points at home to a fairly average Motherwell team after dominating most of the match can only be seen as a poor result regardless of other scores. Not a disaster but poor.

They'll struggle at Tannadice and St J will take points off them home and away. If Gerrard had only won 3 games this season he'd be getting chased out by the press, we are in the driving seat here
We are in the driving seat and I’m steadfast in my conviction that we’ll be champions.

We all accepted early on that we were unlikely to canter to it by 25 points for a second season, but by the same token, I didn’t really see Celtic losing their first 3 away games. That must be an unprecedentedly bad start for an old firm manager.

So it’s just an overriding sense of frustration that we’re not much further clear right now.

I've got to say that as soon as they equalised, I knew we weren't going to win this.
In fact, it was going to be us ensuring that we got a point out of it (at home, on Flag Day).

Also, as soon as Sakala went off, we lost all of our threat up front.
tbh I'd have had Roofe off instead.

Bacuna didn't show much, but at least he had a shot and we saw him.

Arfield (who I genuinely like) looked like the wrong player to bring on.
And I might have had Kamara off instead of Davis.

We really miss not being to use 5 subs !

Looking on the bright side -- it was a point we got, when our most obvious league opposition lost all 3.
And we're on top of the league.
So, on that basis, not the worst possible outcome for today.
Call me a cynic but I think That’s the real reason the 5 subs was scrapped it was helping us and harming septic imo

Not sure if he’s protecting his hammy but Morelos looks chronically slow just now, no danger he’s outpacing any defenders
Did he ever. Looks heavy and ponderous. We are just stumbling along game after game hoping things work out but the glaring deficiencies are being not being addressed. Signs were there from the 2 back to back games v St Johnstone last season.
Poor tactics, poor signings, players that have served their purpose, no motivation, almost an air of disinterest throughout.

Sakala too. What a waste of space. A talentless waste of space.

Can't control the ball, and as for that second half effort at goal - I mean FFS, if you can't hit the target, the fucking huge gaping target, from that beautifully laid on position with that amount of space and time, then you are not fit to play for Rangers.

Let's admit it, Sakala is a bad project gone catastrophically wrong.

Ok buster. Jim jams on and time for beddy bows.

This squad deserves a lot more goodwill than some supporters are willing to give.
Take a step back, remember the last 10 years and what we have overcome to be top of the league at this point in time.
Let's look at the positives before blindly jumping on the negative bandwagon.

Motherwell are one of the better teams in the league. We didn't take our chances and were slack at the back for their goal. That other lot got beat away at Livingston. While I am not entirely happy with our form, we went top of the league today. Hopefully our form picks up in the coming weeks. I think we'll come good.

They certainly haven’t had harder fixtures although that’s no consolation to today’s result.

They’ve played us away, hearts away and Livingston away. How can you say that’s not harder?

As it looks this season, the Edinburgh trips will be the hardest games for both away other than the old firm derbies. And Livingston may have regressed but it always looks like a banana skin.

Their home games have been a doddle certainly. I just

I'll fucking take it!

Yeah, we'll take it but we won't exactly enjoy it!

Probably we were spoiled a bit by what was served up last season.

Dropping points at home is always a bit worrying.
Let's see if the tims are going to start chucking way points at home too.

Think it could be a pretty poor season but with a bit of good fortune we will still win the league.

Poor decision making by the players! They are trying shots and passes at the wrong time and its frustrating! What has happened to Aribo? We are at the top but for how long playing like that? Constantly trying to walk the ball into the net, why? Blooter the thing towards goal!

What has changed that the intensity and high press has gone? Is it a fitness thing? Albeit we are at the top and I am happy but we need to sort out wavelengths and learn chance recognition!

Yeah, we'll take it but we won't exactly enjoy it!

Probably we were spoiled a bit by what was served up last season.

Dropping points at home is always a bit worrying.
Let's see if the tims are going to start chucking way points at home too.

Think it could be a pretty poor season but with a bit of good fortune we will still win the league.
It's good to be spoiled and I agree the winner this season will limp over the line. All this is in comparison to last year though, the points total will undoubtedly surpass anything McLeish, Dick, Walter won the league with.
As I say I'm keeping the head...at the moment :))

Time wasting is sickening but the amount of time we waste passing the ball sideways and backwards is astounding. Then when its too late we start to pass it forward.

I'll bet our possession stats are amazing.

RTV analysis of their goal was spot on. It's not just Simpson at fault there, though he deserves the criticism he's getting, it's across the whole defence. Borna's casual jogging back (same at second Lyon goal btw, if him and a few others had reacted with more urgency we might have had a chance of clearing our lines) has left him in a bad position, then he's tackled towards the player's feet rather than the space in front of the ball, where he might have successfully blocked the shot.

Simpson's been poor at the goal and a few other times, but the greater responsibility is on the players further forward failing to settle the game before they equalised, then failing to respond adequately once the game was level. Total failure to make Motherwell uncomfortable in the last 20-25 minutes.

Back