"They'll definitely be better than last season"?

They are rotten but we were a Tony watt chance away from defeat. We need to up our game & take chances.

Cant believe this thread or any good that will come of it.
They have NEVER set the standard for us, And anyone who thinks a rotten Celtic team means we can piss about for 9 months runs a serious risk of embarassment.
Lets get our act together first.
Your making a lot of extrapolations there

Pointed out the same thing after their game on Thursday. Half an hour of fast pace and they’re blowing out their arses the other 60
I did have a laugh to myself when Rogic went off again on 72mins with someone else

The 60 minute man now does 72mins so I guess the panty wetter are right, they are better this year

I said on a thread on here at the start of the season I thought we'd win the league by about 15 points, despite a poor second half from us and a slow start to the season, I stand by that prediction.
Of course it helps that the t@rriers are pure pish haha.

We shouldn't be looking at them thinking "they're shite" that kind of attitude breeds laziness. Its about our standards, which at present we are not achieving.

with you there mate, I'm ragin we dropped two points, but being philosophical about it, off the top of my head, are we no further ahead of them now, than we were this time last season after six games?
Iirc, both teams dropped points in one game each before the old firm? Which we obviously won.

That was match day 10 or 11

We shouldn't be looking at them thinking "they're shite" that kind of attitude breeds laziness. Its about our standards, which at present we are not achieving.
We can think what we want. It won't affect the management and players mindset. They will be desperate to get their form back and doing everything they can to achieve it.

Not having it
Out of interest what is it you're not having. I'll assume you don't disagree that Celtic are garbage right now. IMO they will be in or around the pack towards the end of the season so the teams around them will then be as much a threat as them.
If we continue to put in performances like today and draw games we should win, then it seems to me obvious we won't leave the pack behind either.
Early signs are that there will be no 20 point gap this season

If by "we" you are in the Rangers dressing room, then yeh, I agree.

Stevie G, Tav, Conor need to get the boys round and say whats going on this year, sort it out.

If you mean a bunch of nobs on FF with too much time on their hands, probably not as important.

We will win the league by 10 points plus.

We are struggling to find our best form and there is a spark missing, however we've got important players to come back into the side. I'm confident the team will get into its stride soon.

They are absolutely garbage and have a battle to finish 2nd.
Yep.

I do wonder how much the Covid stuff is hindering us at the start of the season. We will hit our stride at some point and if the gap remains the same as it is now when we do it will be more than 10pts

Big Flange system is meant for good players, thank fcuk they have bought duds, because if it ever works for them.....fcuk it I'm too pessimistic today, I'm away for a late swim still roasting here.

Out of interest what is it you're not having. I'll assume you don't disagree that Celtic are garbage right now. IMO they will be in or around the pack towards the end of the season so the teams around them will then be as much a threat as them.
If we continue to put in performances like today and draw games we should win, then it seems to me obvious we won't leave the pack behind either.
Early signs are that there will be no 20 point gap this season
Its your second paragraph I'm not having

We don't need a 90-100 point season to leave the pack behind

Thats an 80+ point season

We haven't clicked yet this year. But hibs send hearts will be nowhere near us come the split

Right now, neither will ANGElina BALLerina ball

They shouldn’t be our yardstick anymore. We are top of the league and 1 clear, 2 points dropped. They have a few more tricky away gamers coming up. I think we will be at least 7 points clear of them by Halloween. Hibs n hearts come to Ibrox during that time, so for that to happen we need to start taking our chances and actually shoot from outside the box now and again.

Big Flange system is meant for good players, thank fcuk they have bought duds, because if it ever works for them.....fcuk it I'm too pessimistic today, I'm away for a late swim still roasting here.
You saying Starlord, sorry Starfelt, isn't a good player?!

Yep.

I do wonder how much the Covid stuff is hindering us at the start of the season. We will hit our stride at some point and if the gap remains the same as it is now when we do it will be more than 10pts
We've had a few disruptions with covid and injuries like you say. It is still very early in the season but it would be nice to see us hit top form. October last year was a huge month. The Yahoos have a tougher fixture list on paper from now until then.

Never mind them.

We need to be better than last season. We have signed some exciting talent. Let's see them play, give them the chance to develop and take us up a level and improve our performances in Europe.

A false sense of security by negatively assessing them. We aren’t firing at all. No urgency. No incision. And shaky at the back to boot. I’d be far more concerned about our form and more importantly, lack of chance creation than predicting how worse off they will be.

Priorities.

They shouldn’t be our yardstick anymore. We are top of the league and 1 clear, 2 points dropped. They have a few more tricky away gamers coming up. I think we will be at least 7 points clear of them by Halloween. Hibs n hearts come to Ibrox during that time, so for that to happen we need to start taking our chances and actually shoot from outside the box now and again.
Our end of November to New Year is horrific.
  • Livingston (A)
  • Hibs (A)
  • Dundee (H)
  • Hearts (A)
  • Dundee United (H)/League Cup Final weekend
  • St Mirren (H)
  • Aberdeen (A)
  • Yahoo's (A)
We should be 7-12 points ahead of them going into that period because that's as tough a run of fixtures as you'll ever find in Scotland.

If we put a run together in October we’ll be out of Celtic’s reach , fully expect them to drop 6 points at least at pittodrie, Easter road and fir park

• Livingston (A)
  • Hibs (A)
  • Dundee (H)
  • Hearts (A)
  • St Mirren (H)
  • Aberdeen (A)
  • Yahoo's (A)
We should be 7-12 points ahead of them going into that period because that's as tough a run of fixtures as you'll ever find in Scotland.
We had this same chat last year for Nov, Dec and Jan. Our fixtures were horrific, their's were easier. Was the cry.

Every single month we extended our lead.

I'll bump the threads if necessary

Its your second paragraph I'm not having

We don't need a 90-100 point season to leave the pack behind

Thats an 80+ point season

We haven't clicked yet this year. But hibs send hearts will be nowhere near us come the split

Right now, neither will ANGElina BALLerina ball
Fair enough but IMO our current form and our list of injuries doesn't even look like a 80 point season. Most seasons one of the pack hits a run of form that would certainly put them past the bheggar's current form.
And without making assumptions yet of winning the league, if we want to make an impression on the CL next year, then we want to do better than 80 points.

IMO Hibs look most likely to be 2nd this season and they won't be as far behind as Celtic were last season.

It's early days but it looks like their recruitment has not been good again. Kyogo aside ( And he will run out of steam IMO ) They are already losing patience with Starman, Juranovic and McCarthy. Jota and Abada are to lightweight and the triple named guy has still to bed in. If we get our own house in order then they will become irrelevant.

I know that I'm sounding like a broken record but a fit Ryan Jack is pivotal to our season. The first half of last season we played the best football under SG. It is not a coincidence that our form dipped as soon as Jack started to get injuries.

Getting Hagi back will also help.

How are the orcs taking it, anyone had a look? I’m wondering if they realise that they are pish yet?

• Livingston (A)
  • Hibs (A)
  • Dundee (H)
  • Hearts (A)
  • St Mirren (H)
  • Aberdeen (A)
  • Yahoo's (A)
Tough run, if we get through that relatively unscathed then the reverse of that up to the split should see us home and hosed.

Pretty sure we were on 26 points from 30 and they were 25 from 27 going into the first OF game
We had two draws before the parkhead old firm game, 2-2 at Easter Road and 0-0 away to Livingston, not sure about them, think they we 25 points but with a game in hand, a game which FF assured us they would definitely win, think they drew it 0-0.

Fair enough but IMO our current form and our list of injuries doesn't even look like a 80 point season. Most seasons one of the pack hits a run of form that would certainly put them past the bheggar's current form.
And without making assumptions yet of winning the league, if we want to make an impression on the CL next year, then we want to do better than 80 points.

IMO Hibs look most likely to be 2nd this season and they won't be as far behind as Celtic were last season.
I just don't get your post.

Anyone who thinks Hibs will finish above the yahoos, for me, is deluded. Don't take it personally, as I hope you are correct. But even based on their so called meltdown last season, they still finished comfortably ahead of Hibs.

PS, when was the last time 'one of the pack' put a run of form to put them past the yahoos?

As for the 80 point thing. Thursday just past has proved that you could win 100 odd points in Scotland, but if you haven't got the required quality for a higher level those domestic points don't make a difference.

I'm raging about today. I'm really fcuking annoyed. Missed chance to go 3 points clear at top of league and gain 3 points on them.

Instead we only gained 1.

A strange game.

I would say if that game ended 3 or 4-1, no one could have too many complaints.

I know FF will be full of threads losing their shot about us. I'll read some of them in the next day or 2.

I'll calm myself by laughing at the fact that our only realistic challengers for the title are extending all kinds of unwanted and embarrassing records.

And also poking fun at the posters on here who are likely the ones going too far off the deep end about us.

Today was crap.

Normally I'd be lounge only for a few days to prevent myself getting a ban. We were bad, they were worse. So I can deal with it slightly better.
I’m alright mate. I’m usually not but today they showed that we can slip up and they’re not good enough to take advantage.
6 games in and 3 lost, don’t worry about the other teams either, they’re unlikely to challenge at the later end of the season

Celtic finished with 77 points last season. You think we're going to have a season as bad as they did last year?

Back