Stadium Wifi - not fit for purpose

I’m not entirely sure how you fix this without a massive cost. The cost is in the size of the pipe alone that is only used for 4 hours 28 times a year. Without the bandwidth for 50k people it won’t work. People will also try download, apps updating in the background.

I think it’s sky who provide it, an absolute waste of time in a commercial environment.

I can get on it and works fine. That said, annoyingly it drops out every time I lock my phone again so need to connect to wifi every time I want to check the scores.

well you’re lucky pal. I couldn’t connect at all on Thursday when Olympique mayonnaise came to town.

Is there anything people on here don't moan about? Constant negative threads on all things rangers and the only thing that entertains some, is what's going on at parkhead.
It’s clearly something that people are having an issue with.
We’ve all paid plenty cash over the last few years for not a lot of football. Not the clubs fault and if god forbid something like covid happens again I’m sure the support, including myself, will dig deep again.

We were told we were getting a decent Wifi service. We clearly aren’t. We’ve also got a ticketing website that has the capacity to accommodate 1k users at a time, so I’m told. Not good enough when you’ve sold over 30k myGers memberships.
Worth bringing up I’d say.

Doesn’t work. Clearly can’t cope with the demand.

Their can’t be many big clubs who have as poor technological infrastructure as us. The ticketing website/procedures followed by this waste of time.
Things like these shouldn’t be an issue but it appears we’re running everything from a Spectrum ZX or maybe a Commodore 64 at a push :(:rolleyes:

Not good enough.
I was in very early for one game and it was great until it got busier and failed completely.

See your second paragraph, I remember you used to get messages on the scoreboard through some matches saying for example:

"Could Papa_Sasac please contact the nearest steward" or have a car registration and then saying return to your vehicle. Has this stopped? Random I know.

Can't remember seeing it in years.
The car one happened on Sunday there. My son commented on it at the time. First time we'd heard it for a while.

I don't think we should be wasting good money on WiFi for fans.

I don't get my phone out from when I enter to when I leave the stadium, is it really necessary??

Wi fi is fine is 5g enabled and I've not had any issues.

However is like any free WiFi you need to sign up to register the usage agreement with sky I think who provide it then when you first come back into stadium click on the WiFi to reconnect is it says no Internet connection.
No it’s not. I was able to sign up for it at the Malmo game but it has never worked thereafter.

Worked in one of the first games. Never since.

it’s not a hard thing to plan properly. But hey, it’s on the list of things that aren’t hard to plan

It worked OK for me last night

Registered weeks ago. Just need to sign I'm at every game

It's not always great bit usually works .

It drops at busiest games a bit.

I used it on Sunday to keep an eye on the Livi score. Only because they were our next opponents I took an interest, honest.

Not sure TBH.
If everyone around you is working fine then it suggests to me that the problem may be with your phone or that you haven't registered to join. Could it be an older model phone, could you have tweaked some Settings that are restricting you, could it be an adblocker or a pop-up blocker that's holding you back? I doubt just one seat in an area would be blocked out from receiving the wifi signal. Its possible, of course, but I'd suggest its highly unlikely. Its clear the wifi is intermittent depending on what area of the Stadium you are in but if its just a single seat and everyone around is fine I'd be looking closer to home.

If everyone around you is working fine then it suggests to me that the problem may be with your phone or that you haven't registered to join. Could it be an older model phone, could you have tweaked some Settings that are restricting you, could it be an adblocker or a pop-up blocker that's holding you back? I doubt just one seat in an area would be blocked out from receiving the wifi signal. Its possible, of course, but I'd suggest its highly unlikely.
I’ve got an iPhone X, and I’ve registered. I log in, it accepts log in and I launch Bet365 ap and then wait, and wait, and wait.

Tried getting in here to see if problem was with the app and still nothing.

I get the problem is more than likely at my end but I can’t work out what it is.

My phone can find about 8 different wi-fi connections within Ibrox. Directors Box wi-fi, press access wi-fi etc but i've not once had the free O2 wi-fi for supporters appear on the list of available networks whenever i've searched for it and that's basically every home game since the league opener.

Because the mobile networks are so busy it renders phones useless for all the benefits they provide.

We're not in the 1970s anymore and don't shit in toilets outdoors either.

Why are people so against things improving?

Not being able to access Snapchat for a couple of hours isn't akin to shitting outside.

I’ve got an iPhone X, and I’ve registered. I log in, it accepts log in and I launch Bet365 ap and then wait, and wait, and wait.

Tried getting in here to see if problem was with the app and still nothing.

I get the problem is more than likely at my end but I can’t work out what it is.
Its a good phone so that can be ruled out. AdBlocker or Pop-Up Blocker maybe? In all honesty the possibilities are virtually endless.

Off the wall suggestion but you don't use a VPN do you? Not to appear overseas but as a security thing. I sometimes leave mine on and set to a UK server like Southampton and find that, for example, there are some BT Wifi Hotspots I cannot connect to because they have VPN servers blocked. Unlikely but possible I guess.

If everyone around you is working fine then it suggests to me that the problem may be with your phone or that you haven't registered to join. Could it be an older model phone, could you have tweaked some Settings that are restricting you, could it be an adblocker or a pop-up blocker that's holding you back? I doubt just one seat in an area would be blocked out from receiving the wifi signal. Its possible, of course, but I'd suggest its highly unlikely. Its clear the wifi is intermittent depending on what area of the Stadium you are in but if its just a single seat and everyone around is fine I'd be looking closer to home.

In other words, "you're too stupid for technology"!

Don't worry, you're not alone.

My phone can find about 8 different wi-fi connections within Ibrox. Directors Box wi-fi, press access wi-fi etc but i've not once had the free O2 wi-fi for supporters appear on the list of available networks whenever i've searched for it and that's basically every home game since the league opener.
Its not O2 mate:

In order to access the WIFI, fans attending Ibrox will connect their mobile device by choosing to join “The Cloud WIFI”, (_The Cloud) and then creating an account to join and browse the internet from their seat.

Not being able to access Snapchat for a couple of hours isn't akin to shitting outside.

I don't use snapchat.

I've got plenty of reasons to use a phone at the football though.

There's a World beyond staring at the concourse floor these days.

Its not O2 mate:

In order to access the WIFI, fans attending Ibrox will connect their mobile device by choosing to join “The Cloud WIFI”, (_The Cloud) and then creating an account to join and browse the internet from their seat.
It's not called that any more - something like "rangers supporters wifi" and it's backed by Sky's wifi i think.

Vague recollections form being half cut in the broomloan at the weekend.

Its not O2 mate:

Aye Cloud is what I meant :p

There's no Cloud wi-fi appearing for me. Plus I'm already registered with Cloud wi-fi and I usually automatically connect to it whenever I'm in range of a Cloud network.

The car one happened on Sunday there. My son commented on it at the time. First time we'd heard it for a while.

Yeah, I thought the same. Hadn't heard it in years.

Most likely happens far less as people can contact friends / relatives at the game and let them know they're needed at home etc.

Back