Dundee & Aberdeen agree kick-off time change for International broadcast reasons

rangeral

Fixture: Dundee v Aberdeen

Date: Saturday 16th October

Kick off: 6pm

The later time of 6.00pm for our cinch Premiership match against Dundee at Dens Park on 16th of October was at the request of both teams to allow for international broadcast.

It is part of the Club’s plan to trial different approaches in pursuit of attracting greater attendances and exposure. Feedback from fans will be welcomed and monitored to inform any future changes

It would be fascinating to find out how many more people tune in comparatively to earlier fixtures.

Sceptical it’ll make a significant difference.

Was it the tramps behaviour in 99, when they couldn’t take us winning the league at their pit, which put a stop to the Saturday night games?

Happened a fair amount in the scottish cup but can’t think of many league games since the end of that season.

Was it the tramps behaviour in 99, when they couldn’t take us winning the league at their pit, which put a stop to the Saturday night games?

Happened a fair amount in the scottish cup but can’t think of many league games since the end of that season.
Still had Sunday 6.05pm kickoff for 1999/00 & 2000/01

Saturday 5.35pm 2001/02

except that game

Still had Sunday 6.05pm kickoff for 1999/00 & 2000/01

Saturday 5.35pm 2001/02

except that game
Yeah that sounds about right actually, I definitely remember an away game at Dunfermline 2000/01 which was a Saturday night(Konterman might have scored twice)

Seems to be a bit of a waste of time. You usually have an English Premier League game at 5:30 pm on a Saturday. I can't see international football fans tuning into watch Dundee v Aberdeen or any SPFL game for that matter when the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd are playing.

I know an Aberdeen “fan” over here. Well he says he’s an Aberdeen fan. He’s from Aberdeen but couldn’t tell you the name of a single player in their squad this year. Keeps going on about Gothenburg. I think he can be ruled out.

did we not bin this idea along with Satan tv as for the diddy teams thinking it will get them more fans, even freebies woulnt fill their middens

Fair play to them for trying something new but 6pm is a lady's front bottom of a kick off time IMO. Not late enough to be a proper night game and not early enough that you can still have your full night to do whatever else.

Sorry , what am I thinking. Maybe they’ll sing stupid songs and film themselves then post it on social media, nah surely not. Who would be that fcukin stupid….
Drunk fans have a track record of causing problems for our club. never understand the need to get drunk to watch Rangers, never will
The most recent example of which would have been a…1500 kick off. Maybe all games should be moved to 8am to temper this evil!

Keep fighting the good fight sister
Irish-Temperance-Movement.jpg

I remember Man Utd trying to get most of their home games played on a Sat lunchtime for their internatiomal market in the far east as it was big money from the tv rights alone.

Fixture: Dundee v Aberdeen

Date: Saturday 16th October

Kick off: 6pm

The later time of 6.00pm for our cinch Premiership match against Dundee at Dens Park on 16th of October was at the request of both teams to allow for international broadcast.

It is part of the Club’s plan to trial different approaches in pursuit of attracting greater attendances and exposure. Feedback from fans will be welcomed and monitored to inform any future changes
the north east Classico?? Utter embarrassment, both clubs make me sick tbh

Back