Hagi linked to 20m euro move to Roma

I love Hagi and it showed on Tuesday what a massive difference he makes to us especially up against teams that sit in. However I don’t think he’s a Mourinho type player so I doubt there’s anything in that report. £15-£20 million is decent business though and is in line with the kind of fee we should be asking for our top players.

Would be excellent business for us a great talent but £17 million goes a long way for us

Would be excellent business for us a great talent but £17 million goes a long way for us
Absolutely, if that bid is genuine (which I doubt), I reckon he would be driven to the airport by Douglas Park personally.

We are not in a position to be knocking that kind of cash back, especially since Hagi isn’t even a guaranteed starter for us.

The poster suggesting he will be worth double that next season is living in an alternate reality I think.

He has played in Italy before and it didn't work out particularly well for him, maybe the restrictive style of play doesn't suit his game. Really doesn't seem like a Mourinho type player imo, remember Mourinho cast aside players like de bruyne and mata for not doing enough tracking back.

I don't think we could knock that back.
Would be sorry to see him go and it could be said we should gamble and hang on a year or so for more.
Would be a gamble as he could get injured etc.

Absolutely, if that bid is genuine (which I doubt), I reckon he would be driven to the airport by Douglas Park personally.

We are not in a position to be knocking that kind of cash back, especially since Hagi isn’t even a guaranteed starter for us.

The poster suggesting he will be worth double that next season is living in an alternate reality I think.
100% its a different question if it's Morelos or Kent etc who when fully fit pretty much always start Hagi starts on the bench a lot for us

£17m would be exactly in line with the business model we want to have. That's money that could put us in a better financial position and go a long way to getting a stronger first 11, and if we make the CL that sets us up brilliant for a proper re-investment.

Some people seriously undervalue our players, but we can't hold out for mental figures on the other side of that. The purported bid would be a very good one.
This.

The board have already missed out on money for Morelos when they turned away £16m. We won't get that now. And Borna's value is only going down.

IF a bid of £17m is put down for Hagi we have to take it.

Seems like nonsense at this stage in the calendar (in terms of us ‘accepting’ the bid) but it wouldn’t be a surprise if there is interest in him during the next window as he’s a good player with a lot of potential.

For a player who (rightly or wrongly) isn’t a guaranteed starter that would be good business based on what we paid for him.

Nobody is bidding that for him. If he has an exceptional season, or couple of seasons, he has the potential to be worth that.

This desperation from some to sell a player, any player, is so weird.

It's not really. Anyone that has been paying any attention to the board will known that player trading (exits) is a crucial part of our overall trading model. Its in all the brochures and came direct from the boardroom.

We haven't been able to establish that model yet.

Of course any potential chance is going to be looked at favourably, as most people understand the club is in a difficult situation money wise, and we can't invest in the squad without money coming in.

We will need big investment next summer, on top of any league winning bonuses. Multititude of players leaving or nearly out of contract. Then add in those who may well just want a new challenge?

We can't be a club that sells for big money, until we sell for big money.

It's less desperation for people to leave, and more recognition that our club need to kick start the player trading model with a big deal.

Its not doom and gloom. It's a desire to see us operate how we want to.

I love the wee man and am desperate for him to emerge as a key player for us…. but in our circumstances of playing in Scotland and needing to invest all round the team, if someone comes in with a bid like that for one of your players then you just say thank you and cash the cheque!

*** I’m sure it’s a load of nonsense though.

That would be accepted if true.
Indeed, and rightfully so.

We need to sell these players at the peak of their performance, no matter how hard it is.

We’ll struggle to get 15m for Kent/Morelos (despite rejecting similar amounts previously) this summer if they continue this form.

Don't worry its only just over 3 months before we find out if this is true or not.
Even Rumanian media are laughing and saying it’s a load of rubbish

I get the impression some fans are anticipating this “ big player sale” like a trophy win , it’s a strange thing where people get excited about losing one of our best players it’s the same when a Morelos bit of interest comes in

Fans aren't excited about the prospect of selling players, they get excited by the idea of what comes after that.

hard not to want to see us running riot in the market with 15 million which is what most fans expect will happen when players are linked with moves away, if we would actually do that or not.....

This desperation from some to sell a player, any player, is so weird.
I absolutely love Hagi and think he’s criminally underrated by some on here but I don’t think we’re in any position to reject bids of £17 million for him. For me he should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week but the reality is that he isn’t for some reason.

I doubt that the offer is true but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if he goes for that kind of money in the near future. He’s a class player and has huge potential, he’ll definitely go on to a higher level and play for other big clubs.

If £17 million was true then the club can pocket some of that fee as well as buying 1 or 2 players that can improve our starting 11 and move the club further forward. That’s the kind of offer the club will want to be having, make a big profit on a player and bring in the next Hagi.

If true we should absolutely snap there hand off. I would rather sell assets like Hagi while Gerrard is at the helm as he would use the money wisely.

A good opening bid, but not nearly enough. This time next year he will be worth double that.

Anyone know how long his contract is?
Love your optimism there mate but you have just said he will be worth double next year then in the next sentence asked how long his contract is.

Back