Vax pass "grace period for enforcement" panic measure until 18/10

By police Scotland on businesses for non-compliance
Lol Police Scotland don't have any authority.
None of this covid rubbish is enforceable law.. all the mass gatherings during lockdown there's nothing they can do. Unless your committing a serious crime they don't get involved anymore

Yet another SNP disaster

Everything they touch turns to shit

The Nighttime industry starting a legal challenge must be having a bearing on this

Also if this is challenged in court and the judge finds against the Govt they will look even bigger incompetents than we already know they are

Asking people to prove they have been vaccinated definitely borders on breaching their entitlement to medical confidentiality and could be deemed an invasion of privacy by someone who is not a Doctor or qualified to interpret the personal data

I hope the Nighttime industry legal challenge is successful as this vaccine passport is a load of shite as double jabbed people can still get the virus and pass it onto others so it defeats the point by limiting their civil liberties

The SNP really need to stop this nonsense

So… can I go to Ibrox on Sunday or no?
As I understand it so far, all they are saying is that taking action against organisations that do not comply with the requirement to check for vaccine passports will be delayed until 18 Oct. The requirement on Rangers to check, therefore, remains from 1 Oct - but if they do not comply they won't be punished. Yet.

Hopefully becomes clearer after Nippy's statement - though I fear not.

Really just shows the complete insanity of all of these plans….
Demonstrates again how utterly incompetent and inept the SNP 'government' is. Time and time again they launch nonsensical schemes to try and make themselves look good, relevant, or just different from the rest of the UK, but are totally incapable of delivering on them. These ideas no doubt sound good in their warped little minds, or when they're sitting with fellow cult members round the table and slapping each other on the back with self-congratulations, but when it comes to implementation they fail miserably with astonishing consistency. It's pathetic.

Scotland's new vaccine passport system will not be enforced until two weeks after it is introduced.
People going to nightclubs and many other large events will need proof they have had two doses of vaccine from 05:00 on Friday.
But First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said there would now be a "grace period" until 18 October.
It means there will be no enforcement action against businesses who do not comply with the rules before that date.
Ms Sturgeon said the delay would allow businesses to "test, adapt and build confidence in the practical arrangements they will need to put in place to be compliant with the scheme".
Many businesses which will be affected by the controversial scheme have complained of a lack of detail from the government about how it will work in practice.
The Scottish Conservatives are pressing for a vote at Holyrood on Wednesday on whether it should should go ahead.
Leader Douglas Ross said the delay showed that the "botched" scheme was "still not ready" just days before it is due to be introduced, and called for it to be scrapped completely.
He added: "It is more of the same last minute, rushed, chaotic planning we have seen time and time again from this government".
Meanwhile the Night Time Industries Association in Scotland is planning a legal challenge through the courts in a bid to block the plans.

The club jumped the gun with their statement. Hopefully they will give more advice with regards to Sunday.

The club jumped the gun with their statement. Hopefully they will give more advice with regards to Sunday.
No, I don't think they did. Vaccine Passports are still - officially - required for Sunday. There will still be checks. Though it probably reduces the likelihood of anyone being turned away.

What todays announcement means, however, is that Rangers can treat it more as a 'test event' as they now know that if they fail to reach whatever percentage of random checks the Govt stipulated then they will not face sanctions for failing to do so.

The OP is misleading.
Vaccination passports will still be in effect from this Friday (and as such required for Sunday), but the Police Scotland wont be taking action on businesses not complying with the regulations until 18/10.
I don’t think it’s the OP that’s misleading, it’s the pathetic government and their flip flopping that’s misleading

TBH I don't think the club had a choice - needed to give some notice. They're probably just as exasperated as the rest of us.
Can imagine the club are furious - this must be costing them big bucks to plan and execute.

Nippys grandstanding is eating into our player budget.

Beginning of the end. Its a nonsense that she can just keep making balls up after balls up to be scottishy and face no consequences

Pleased and relieved this has been delayed. I hope but don't expect the SNP to come up with a better more pragmatic solution.

Pleased and relieved this has been delayed. I hope but don't expect the SNP to come up with a better more pragmatic solution.
Just to be clear, because I think some are misunderstanding here, the introduction of and requirement for Vaccine Passports has not been delayed.

What is delayed is any sanctions to be taken against event organisers.

That might be me being a bit pedantic but its best to ensure folk are clear on this.

But will say something like the case numbers have dropped so significantly that it’s no longer necessary. Instead of admitting the flawed idea that it was
Case numbers have only dropped cause she is only testing half as many folk.
The rate of infection has actually went up from yesterday. Running around 10%
20000 tests 2000 infections. 40000 tests 4000 infections. She has done this all through the pandemic to con us with the figures.

The decision by Boris to scrap this idea left Nippy in big bother.
She will have to find a way to worm out of this otherwise I expect the Scottish government will lose in the courts!!
It would be a very interesting legal argument, especially from those businesses that operate across the UK.

Misleading. Still happening from Friday, just not gona be enforced until 18th
What's the point of it starting but not being enforced?

Why would anyone bother with it on Sunday if you get in regardless?

Last edited:
Case numbers have only dropped cause she is only testing half as many folk.
The rate of infection has actually went up from yesterday. Running around 10%
20000 tests 2000 infections. 40000 tests 4000 infections. She has done this all through the pandemic to con us with the figures.
It’s smoke and mirrors. There’s been no consistency in her measurement or analysis. Deliberate of course.
Incompetent and downright misleading.

She has the utter cheek to call it a “grace period” like she’s kindly allowing her subjects some leeway. It’s actually delayed because there’s so much push back from the businesses badly affected by her incompetent planning.

By police Scotland on businesses for non-compliance
They are not delayed what is happening is they have 2 weeks to work it out before our club can be sanctioned for not enforcing unfortunately the club will still go ahead for sunday and some bears will not get in.

She has the utter cheek to call it a “grace period” like she’s kindly allowing her subjects some leeway. It’s actually delayed because there’s so much push back from the businesses badly affected by her incompetent planning.
It's not delayed believe me the club will practice on Sunday be aware bears.

The OP is misleading.

Vaccination passports will still be in effect from this Friday (and as such required for Sunday), but the Police Scotland wont be taking action on businesses not complying with the regulations until 18/10.
In effect, Rangers could now say to ignore the previous edict.

Back