Daily Record Conclude Investigation into historical offensive tweets

“Proportionate action has been taken where appropriate”

Aye, social media accounts closed and all bigotry confined to the staff room.
Snide bastards.

Not long til the job centre queue now though boys. Be busy down there aswell. All the best.

Interesting to hear what David Edgar’s take will be on it, he gave an update recently on the daily update which seemed very positive.

From memory he said that they let go some contractors impacted straight away and that a few of the senior names reported were likely to be getting disciplined. Also mentioned their sponsors and are really not happy and they are making good progress

Proportionate action where appropriate? That could quite easily mean absolutely nothing has been done in some, or even all, cases. Giving them the benefit of the considerable doubt and assuming at least one individual has had a slap on the wrist, what action did they consider to be proportionate and against whom was it considered necessary to take this action? From all the evidence, who did they consider did not require proportionate action? This is a whitewash which would make even separate entity FC and the Scottish government blush. I trust they're not naive enough to believe this will be the end of the matter?

Interesting to hear what David Edgar’s take will be on it, he gave an update recently on the daily update which seemed very positive.

From memory he said that they let go some contractors impacted straight away and that a few of the senior names reported were likely to be getting disciplined. Also mentioned their sponsors and are really not happy and they are making good progress

It's the end of the first skirmish of a long battle.

And frankly, it's no longer in my gift to stop anything. They annoyed way too many people. Even if I got hit by a bus tomorrow, this won't stop.

It was good enough for the Heart and Hand boys though, and it's not being fair at all it's being hypocritical
Would you be comfortable with your employer letting the public know the outcome of your disciplinary case? What they have stated is all they can probably legally disclose. Otherwise they could get taken to the cleaners.

Heart and Hand is quite different from an employer. Transparency and accountability is what they have felt is the correct approach.

Would you be comfortable with your employer letting the public know the outcome of your disciplinary case? What they have stated is all they can probably legally disclose. Otherwise they could get taken to the cleaners.

Heart and Hand is quite different from an employer. Transparency and accountability is what they have felt is the correct approach.
The issue is they announced publicly the investigation, they can announce publicly the conclusion whilst anonymising the individuals involved.

That is a classic human resources department statement.
Although I’m not defending them in anyway whatsoever, they are under no obligation to disclose the outcome of the investigation.
They only revealed it had been completed as a result of a direct question posed to them.
I would not expect anything else from that mhob.

So basically a journalist can say whatever they want on social media, including wishing for a terrorist attack on the Queen, racism, sectarianism and hate speech and nothing is said or done, either by their employer or the police.

Stand Free fellow Natsis. The new sieg heil.

The sooner this rag is confined to the budgie cages the better. There is no need for any Ranger to be buying this literary drivel. There will be those who can't help but read their articles because some folk get their jollies that way, but each to their own.

Nothing substantial will have been done. All swept under the carpet. Any freelances let go will have been an seen as an easy cost reduction exercise.

It's the end of the first skirmish of a long battle.

And frankly, it's no longer in my gift to stop anything. They annoyed way too many people. Even if I got hit by a bus tomorrow, this won't stop.

To be fair the bus would stop to either check you were okay, or to see if they needed to reverse to finish the job. Depends on who is driving the bus :oops:

Apart from that, good to know this isn't the end :))

Sounds like the only casualties have been the 2 H&H volunteers and Jane Godley (who is already starting to get SNP support again).
Was always going to be the way.

Any 'investigation' would have been a gathering in a room and them all laughing at the 'hun bastards'.

They've high-fived each other and moved on. Anyone expecting anything is going to be disappointed.

To be fair, they are under no obligation to make their findings public.
"To be fair" they're all still producing articles for the DR so nothing has happened. Nothing proportionate anyway, considering they felt demanding the removal of H&H podders was proportionate and they felt H&H should no longer be able to be a Rangers media partner.

By their own demands, proportionate would be sending no sports reporters to report on any event until the guilty parties were removed. They have done neither.

Its a sweep sweep job

The Daily Record is happy to announce that the Daily Record investigation into the Daily Record staff & offensive material has concluded and the Daily Record is pleased to draw a line under the Daily Record & the Daily Records staff's conduct

The Daily Record will not be seeking further action by The Daily Record on this matter

That is a classic human resources department statement.
Although I’m not defending them in anyway whatsoever, they are under no obligation to disclose the outcome of the investigation.
They only revealed it had been completed as a result of a direct question posed to them.
I would not expect anything else from that mhob.
Legally perhaps not

Morally? After the way they publicly tried to impose sanctions on H&H.

This should be the call to arms to up the ante and go after their and Reach generally, advertisers.

With the same gusto we initially rounded on the DR.

An absolute cover up. As is the norm in Scotland for the SNP/Catholic Church/Celtic and people who swim in those circles/drown in those cesspits

Back