Daily Record Conclude Investigation into historical offensive tweets

This whole thing absolutely stinks!!

Cammy and Hoggy do the honorable thing and resign.
They also voluntarily agreed to go on the Rangers diversity course. They no doubt had issues at work due to this, and probably won't appear on H&H for some time now, both sorely missed.

All in the very public eye, which must be very difficult for two ordinary guys who just wanted to do some podcasts to speak about the Rangers.

Meantime, Godley, who is an obnoxious creature at best, gets sympathy from the First Monster, and is now being portrayed as a victim in many quarters, and is claiming that SHE is suffering mentally.
She has made dozens, if not hundreds, of disgusting tweets for years as well as causing pile ons to anyone who challenged her. She is absolutely vile.

And, the Daily Record racists and bigots no doubt get off with a slap on the wrist, and some even win awards during this. No public shame for them and no public apology.

The two guys (and David Edgar) who are the most innocent have actually been punished the most.

I am sure that at the moment its probably more trouble than its worth to them, but David, please try to bring back Hoggy and Cammy as soon as you can, and as soon as they feel it is the right time to come back.

No-one (apart from their wives :) ) has got any right to condemn them when they do come back.

In other words, no in fact in no words, the whole thing has been swept under the carpet, quelle surprise.

Nothing to do with optimism. It’s all about work.

Keep on at them, their advertisers, their journalists. Keep spreading the message that real Bears don’t read, click or share it.

The attitude of ‘aw nothing will change so I won’t bother’ is the thing that will let them off the hook.

Their papal master came to Glasgow in the 80's and in a call to arms asked them to work to take up positions of authority and influence in Scottish society.

Boy, have they done that - and the rest.

They have everything covered.

Scotland has been in the hands of dirty Nationalists for 14 years, where every ministerial appointment has a Rangers hater at the helm. The two national tv broadcasters openly despise us and the same with the vast majority of the print media.

I'm not sure where any backing is coming from. Advertisers wont give a f.uck, nor will 'journalists'. They are completely off the hook - and that is always how it was going to be unfortunately.

To be fair, they are under no obligation to make their findings public.
Apart from a moral one; an obligation to set and show an example; an obligation to show compliance with the law; an obligation to show compliance with their own equality policy statement; and an obligation to show they actually investigated and where appropriate took action, rather than just said that they did.

Apart from those obligations, you're 100% correct :rolleyes:

Their papal master came to Glasgow in the 80's and in a call to arms asked them to work to take up positions of authority and influence in Scottish society.

Boy, have they done that - and the rest.

They have everything covered.

Scotland has been in the hands of dirty Nationalists for 14 years, where every ministerial appointment has a Rangers hater at the helm. The two national tv broadcasters openly despise us and the same with the vast majority of the print media.

I'm not sure where any backing is coming from. Advertisers wont give a f.uck, nor will 'journalists'. They are completely off the hook - and that is always how it was going to be unfortunately.

Well, I’ll tell you what a very, very well-known London-based journalist told me:

‘This is the first time a tabloid tried to take down a member of the public and got hit back so hard that they were the ones who ran away.

The landscape has changed’.

So you are absolutely entitled to give up on change if you want, but I certainly think we’re capable of landing a few blows if we try.

Proportionate action? Has McKay been beheaded then for calling the Prophet Muhammad a paedo? I believe this is standard practice.

Well, I’ll tell you what a very, very well-known London-based journalist told me:

‘This is the first time a tabloid tried to take down a member of the public and got hit back so hard that they were the ones who ran away.

So you are absolutely entitled to give up on change if you want, but I certainly think we’re capable of landing a few blows if we try.

Toby Young by any chance ? Nelson ?

I like Toby and his politics - if it was him - but I'm not convinced the landscape has changed or will change.

This has blown over already imo. I see that as the reality.

I am, however, happy to assist in landing a few blows if it helps, but i remain unconvinced at this point.

Well, I'm claiming my wife forced them to make an announcement today
(or to paraphrase Spike Milligan "Hitler: My Part in His (Their) Downfall"

:)) :p

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Reach Plc Reputation
Sent: Wednesday, 6 October 2021 09:30
To: simon.fuller@reachplc.com; anne.bulford@reachplc.com
CC:

As can be seen from the attached Twitter screenshot, I tried to advise Reach's Dr Julie Humphreys of the seriousness of the historic, shameful social media comments by Daily Record staff and she blocked me.

You will also see that my contact attempt is now a month old - nothing has been done to condemn the racist, Sectarian, Homophobic content "published" on social media by those Daily Record employees.

Further Information:

Since my initial action I've become aware of some of Reach's other publications - notably OK Magazine - and I am prepared to enlist the help of my wife (Facebook commerce, circa 2,750 friends) to influence all contacts to never buy your publications again.

The above action can be recinded if a full apology from the Daily Record is published and the employees involved in the offensive social media content indicated above are dismissed from their employment.

signed Me

To be fair, they are under no obligation to make their findings public.
No but felt obligated to make front page news of other people's historic tweets.

A tin pot response from a tin pot publication. Publicly humiliated by the efforts of a few "amateurs" who could buy and sell their own house "journalists".

This needs taken the whole road, glad to see people are not being fobbed off with that b. s.

The boys will be back, don’t worry about that.

Right now they are dealing with the impact this has had on their lives and families.
A very difficult situation that the boys were forced into with unimaginable impact and consequences for them and their families. Perhaps bringing them back or at least announcing they will be back could go some way to making a terrible situation a very small bit better.

It would certainly show that they were prepared to fall on their sword where others should have but didn't, the support are no longer going to accept a rule for us and not others.

The boys will be back, don’t worry about that.

Right now they are dealing with the impact this has had on their lives and families.
And therein lies the biggest issue in this.
The DR know/knew exactly how this would impact on 2 "normal" guys & their day to day lives & that of their families but went on the attack regardless.
When the spotlight was turned on them what do they do?
Hide behind HR speak & do the square route of fcuk all.
Hypocrisy doesn't touch it!

No but felt obligated to make front page news of other people's historic tweets.

A tin pot response from a tin pot publication. Publicly humiliated by the efforts of a few "amateurs" who could buy and sell their own house "journalists".

This needs taken the whole road, glad to see people are not being fobbed off with that b. s.
What would it cost us to take out space in a competitor newspaper calling them out for this hypocrisy and would a competitor run it?

Last edited:
What would it cost us to take out space in a competitor calling them out for this hypocrisy and would a conpetitor run it?
If they had even a semblance of integrity about them they would have made an example of the worst offenders long before now. Their response thus far has been entirely predictable but It really shouldn't be.

Nothing wrong with your idea at all mate but personally for now anyway, I prefer to press them for answers, and keep pressing until a satisfactory response is forthcoming. The important thing for me is that they understand this ain't just going to blow over and that heads need to roll. What's good for the goose and all that.

But Police Scotland will have investigated these "hate crimes", and action will be pending. Right ?

(I remember reading with suspicion in The Times, that Police Scotland had declined to say, if any "official complaints" had been made.)

If they had even a semblance of integrity about them they would have made an example of the worst offenders long before now. Their response thus far has been entirely predictable but It really shouldn't be.

Nothing wrong with your idea at all mate but personally for now anyway, I prefer to press them for answers, and keep pressing until a satisfactory response is forthcoming. The important thing for me is that they understand this ain't just going to blow over and that heads need to roll. What's good for the goose and all that.
I am not sure we have any more leverage to press them directly? Through their sponsors now is the best way to get at them?

But Police Scotland will have investigated these "hate crimes", and action will be pending. Right ?

(I remember reading with suspicion in The Times, that Police Scotland had declined to say, if any "official complaints" had been made.)
David Edgar has answered this point recently

Police Scotland aren't doing shit to DR nor H&H. In fact, despite what they (we assume) agreed to be published in the DR, they were never investigating the H&H guys.

So basically a journalist can say whatever they want on social media, including wishing for a terrorist attack on the Queen, racism, sectarianism and hate speech and nothing is said or done, either by their employer or the police.

Stand Free fellow Natsis. The new sieg heil.
Yes.

This is Scotland 2021 - anything goes, if it is anti-Union, anti-Rangers etc.

They have everything sewn up.

Well, I'm claiming my wife forced them to make an announcement today
(or to paraphrase Spike Milligan "Hitler: My Part in His (Their) Downfall"

:)) :p

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Reach Plc Reputation
Sent: Wednesday, 6 October 2021 09:30
To: simon.fuller@reachplc.com; anne.bulford@reachplc.com
CC:

As can be seen from the attached Twitter screenshot, I tried to advise Reach's Dr Julie Humphreys of the seriousness of the historic, shameful social media comments by Daily Record staff and she blocked me.

You will also see that my contact attempt is now a month old - nothing has been done to condemn the racist, Sectarian, Homophobic content "published" on social media by those Daily Record employees.

Further Information:

Since my initial action I've become aware of some of Reach's other publications - notably OK Magazine - and I am prepared to enlist the help of my wife (Facebook commerce, circa 2,750 friends) to influence all contacts to never buy your publications again.

The above action can be recinded if a full apology from the Daily Record is published and the employees involved in the offensive social media content indicated above are dismissed from their employment.

signed Me

Julie Humphreys is window dressing, nothing more, nothing less. She is there so that Reach can pay lip service to diversity and inclusion. In return, she gets a nice salary and corporate benefits.

Back