Ryan hardie

Nah, going to be brutally honest here, we're way above that level, and he doesn't get a look in tbh.

I thought he'd hit the heights during our lower league journey tbh, but not to be, he'll tick along nicely and make a decent career out of football, but not at this level I don't think.

Not now - but I wonder if we could have used him occasionally off the bench and in certain cup games during the 2018/19 season, given that KL was cup-tied for one competition and Sadiq was a complete waste of space?

Always felt there was a player there but he was just nowhere near physically ready for us. He was built like a twig. No idea if he has bulked up now.

It's an impressive goal scoring record, especially considering he has barely scored any goals until this season. I'm sure he only scored 5/6 in league 2 last year. Strange that he is scoring more at a higher level.

Best of luck to him.

He’s doing really well, been enjoying seeing his name pop up on the scoresheet so regularly.

Needs to do it consistently over the course of a season, but even saying that, his main attribute has always been pace on the break and playing on the last shoulder, which is difficult when teams play 10 men behind the ball.

I think he scored a double v Dumbarton when Stuart McCall was in charge one was a sort of overhead kick.

Always felt there was a player there but he was just nowhere near physically ready for us. He was built like a twig. No idea if he has bulked up now.

It's an impressive goal scoring record, especially considering he has barely scored any goals until this season. I'm sure he only scored 5/6 in league 2 last year. Strange that he is scoring more at a higher level.

Best of luck to him.

He’s just gaining experience, learning his trade and improving year on year. He’s only 24. I always think we are to quick to judge boys when they reach their early 20’s

Good luck to him, hope he scores a few goals and makes the most of his career.

Not now - but I wonder if we could have used him occasionally off the bench and in certain cup games during the 2018/19 season, given that KL was cup-tied for one competition and Sadiq was a complete waste of space?

Sadiq. Cheers mate weekend ruined haha weirdly that dive against the sheep is played in my mind in slow motion every time I recall it

No Remember speaking to a Rangers coach who said the boy would make a career in the lower league but not for us. He said the boy suffered by being at the club when Ally was in charge and the lack of work on his technique was criminal. The boy had a nose for goals but his basic skills were awful. He was taken to Florida with the 1st team a few years ago and couldn’t even do basic drills. Maybe a player lost

No reason for it, not a family member or a stalker, but I always liked Hardie and had hoped he would make it with us - he struck me as being more natural a goalscorer than the likes of Rudden and the best prospect we had had for quite a while. Ah well

Players like Hardie will do well in counter attacking sides. Unfortunately at Rangers a striker needs to be able to play with their back to goal as for 95% of our games we have all the possesion

tenor.gif

No but hope he makes a career from himself in the English leagues maybe get promoted to the Championship and earn a decent wedge.

As opposed to the usual route for our ex youth/fringe players - falling down through the Scottish tiers before playing junior football at 27.

Things guaranteed as a Rangers fan.
1) Write players off after six minutes.
2) Want to sign utter shite players that as soon as they leave and get a 6/10 in the paper they must come back.
Look it is great Ryan Hardie is doing well but he is built like a giraffe and is not what we need.

We’re past that level but he must be doing ok as they were singing his praises last season and that was with very few goals

He’s a mile to go before we should even be considering re-signing him

He is however doing really well and seems to be improving year on year. Hope he gets a move to the championship and makes himself some good money.

Strikers we have makes your first paragraph laughable

Genuinely thought he had a chance when with us, probably more hope though as been a while since had a good homegrown striker. Now not good enough sadly.

Back