Match Thread Faroe Islands v Scotland - sky sports main event 19:45

Every time ball goes to one of our "wide" men it goes backward. Annoying because there's options in front of them. Fraser been the worst for it.

This is the first time in years since I’ve watched the Tattie Howkers, do they deliberately try to Boar teams into defeat. Dreadful supposed football.

About 50 minutes across 4 games apparently. Clarke seems to really like him though
Wow! So he's decided he's a good fit for an International game along with Christie has hasn't had a good game, or even hit less that 20 yards above the cross bar for about a year.

But Israel (0-4) and Austria (0-2) made light work of it. Denmark is a derby so always likely to be a little more intense.

There's no excuse for this. We're fortunate to be level.

We’re closer to them than Denmark :D

I know what you mean tho. I really do think that playoff place hangs in the balance here tonight.

If we end up needing a result against Denmark we’ll blow it

Got to admit I'm feeling a bit more confident after the last 5 minutes, but I'm not sure why.

The only thing worse than this game is this game accompanied by the absolute dirge the Faroes brass band are putting out.

Grim.

Nobody able to drive at the opposition and commit a defender. Always turning back.

It reminds me of us in our worse moments.

What does this involve?
The Icelandic had an overhaul around 10-15 years starting with coaching at grassroots level to encourage players to develop better from a young age. They also built Toryglen like centres to get round the harsh winters.

Can’t find the article on Google but it’s been successful in Iceland when you look at the talent they produce comparative to the population size.

Reactions: fmp
Gilmour really needs to work on his shooting. Had some decent half chances and hit the first man every time.

Back