Match Thread Faroe Islands v Scotland - sky sports main event 19:45

Main Stand

Official Ticketer
A win all but guarantees a play off place, hopefully a few goals in this.

Patterson on the bench, no issue with that - he played the important game and means he’ll be fresh upon return.

I’d have given Nisbet, Cooper and McLaughlin a run out though.

Last edited:
O’Donnell to make a c*nt of it at 1/50 B-D

Think this will be tougher than a lot of folk are expecting, we have a history of making a proper slog of these games.

We have come unstuck at both the Faroes and Moldova in the past.

Put ourselves in a glorious position but nobody could ever be that confident Scotland will get the 6 points from both games.

“Dropped” is such a disingenuous word.

He played the first game, he isn’t playing the 2nd game
Perhaps - however, one of the main reasons that Scotland %^*& games up is by the managers not playing people in the correct position and simply using players that don't fit in. We should be playing a right back, Patterson is the only good one we've got. He should be playing.

Perhaps - however, one of the main reasons that Scotland %^*& games up is by the managers not playing people in the correct position and simply using players that don't fit in. We should be playing a right back, Patterson is the only good one we've got. He should be playing.

I’d agree he’s already the nations best right back and will have the position for years to come.

However he’s still adjusting to the rigours of men’s football. As others have alluded to, he looked spent by the end of the Israel game and might not be able to start another game so soon

Probably because if he gets a yellow he’s suspended next game and it’s the “tougher” of the two

Was surprised Moldova are bottom and lost to the Faroes.

Moldova definitely feels like the game we’d be more likely to come unstuck in, having only beat them 1-0 at Hampden

Was Clarke not quite critical of himself after playing both Tierney/Robertson at wingback after the Denmark game?
Other way to look at it is if he plays Fraser at right wing back where are Tierney and Robertson playing?

McTominay could go into midfield I guess.

Was going to seems quite a dull game but you dont get boring games when Dykes plays.

Score the winner then get sent off, i think 1-0 to Scotland.

Bit of a weird selection. The midfield 3, who is the central one? Gilmour with McGinn and McTominay wide? Patterson should play and I would like to have seen Nisbet partner Dykes. Hopefully we can win though.

Bit of a weird selection. The midfield 3, who is the central one? Gilmour with McGinn and McTominay wide? Patterson should play and I would like to have seen Nisbet partner Dykes. Hopefully we can win though.
It would be McTominay and Gilmour the deeper of the three.

I the only one who thinks that is a 4-2-3-1.

Gordon
Tierney Hendry Hanley Robertson
Gilmour Mctominay
Fraser McGinn Christie
Dykes

It doesn't really fit a 5-3-2 unless you are playing 3/4 players out of position.

I the only one who thinks that is a 4-2-3-1.

Gordon
Tierney Hendry Hanley Robertson
Gilmour Mctominay
Fraser McGinn Christie
Dykes

It doesn't really fit a 5-3-2 unless you are playing 3/4 players out of position.

Yeah, it won't be 4 at the back that's just not how he plays.

Back