10 German bombers offensive?

Ok you think it’s fine to label bears & bearettes scumbags for singing a song says a lot about you
It's not just a song though. It says more about them than it does about me. They are not only offending the locals but they're ruining the good name of my club. It's not on.

I have to say I do find that song a bit embarrassing. We have loads of great Rangers songs and loyalist songs we can belt out, so I don't understand why we resort to that, especially when abroad. Its at best disrespectful to modern Germans/ Austrians who are mostly embarrassed by their 20th century history.
Don't forget some of our favourite players in recent years were German, Klos, Albertz, Neef and others.
Lets consign that song to the bin, not to appease the permanently offended, but as an act of decency and respect on behalf of our famous club.
Agree totally, it’s cringeworthy, boring and pathetic, we are better than that.

Why, he's aiming the rifle at a wall. What's it glorifying? Nothing.
I run a donkey sanctuary and find your avatar repulsive,by sitting on it aiming a rifle,also makes the donkey a target by those you aim at and can't be nice for a donkey thinking it could get an RPG fired up it's arse at anytime because some twat decides he's John Wayne. You wouldn't jump in a taxi,exit at your destination and slap the driver on the arse.. That's what your doing with the donkey,donkey's have feelings too.

Repent for your sins and click the donate button.
https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/

Nope, if you look closely, that rifle has a scope, how many soldiers do you see cutting about with binos? It's not just for aiming. Also, I've witnessed a butt of a rifle being used to force a stubborn tent peg into the ground. But the biggest thing, in the UK at least, it represents a show of force. Nothing more.
Jesus, ur having a laugh aye? The rifle scope has a crosshair. Plenty military units utilise binoculars. I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to hammer anything using a rifle. And why do u think it represents force... cause it’s a pure and utter deadly weapon, manufactured for the purpose of killing or maming. To compare it to a joiner and his hammer is ridiculous mate.

It's not just a song though. It says more about them than it does about me. They are not only offending the locals but they're ruining the good name of my club. It's not on.
The owners of the bars didn’t look offended as their tills were getting filled though

Admin why wasn't this thread binned hours ago????

anyone looking in will have us pegged as nutcases

get rid

Do you think your Grandparents would approve of that behaviour? Empathy is an important trait as a soldier. Having people sing an old war song in a country who was deeply affected by said war, do you think that's appropriate?
You are 100% correct.My grandparents used to boo the Dads Army theme tune as it glorified war and slagged Adolf Hitler

Offended from 1000 miles away yet not from 5 in Glasgow, the jurno is selective and is offended by anything Blue.
Personally I think the song is boring but each to their own.
The PC Brigade of the world are not making it better but in fact making it more complicated.

BANG, BANG, BANG'
Rangers fans filmed chanting offensive ’10 German Bombers’ song in Austria ahead of Rapid Vienna clash
Hundreds of fans can be seen standing in the street in the Austrian capital as the slur is belted out

VIDEO
By Alice Walker
12th December 2018, 10:44 pm
Updated: 12th December 2018, 10:51 pm

RANGERS fans have been filmed chanting an offensive '10 German Bombers' song in Austria ahead of their clash with Rapid Vienna.

Hundreds of fans can be seen standing in the street in the Austrian capital as the slur is belted out.

And they can be heard singing the words “The RAF from Bridgeton shot them down” and “bang, bang, bang” during the minute-and-a-half clip.

The footage which emerged on a Youtube page called Football Away Days shows supporters making reference to both First and Second World War.

It’s a chant which was strongly criticised after England fans were heard singing it during their match against Germany in Dortmund in March last year.
Gers fans chant the vile slur in Austria
A number England fans were banned by the FA after the 1-0 defeat.

Rangers fans in flight chaos after yobs are booted off plane at Glasgow Airport ahead of Rapid Vienna clash
FA chairman Greg Clarke branded the song “inappropriate, disrespectful and disappointing”.

It comes after we told how fans faced flight chaos after yobs were booted off a plane at Glasgow Airport.

Around 10,000 Gers fans are expected in Vienna for the Europa League group clash.

It emerged fans won't be able to use cash inside the Allianz Stadion.

Not one normally to complain about papers, but this?
The RAF from ......Bridgeton

Jeez, people actually get paid for this p!sh.

I just wish supporters would stop singing this song because it's infantile garbage.

Offended from 1000 miles away yet not from 5 in Glasgow, the jurno is selective and is offended by anything Blue.
Personally I think the song is boring but each to their own.
The PC Brigade of the world are not making IT better but in fact making it more complicated.

What is ‘it’ ?

The means to antagonise as many people as possible?

We’re supposed to be the Quintessentially British Club not a support who try and emulate the scum element of the England support who embarrass every decent English man.

I’m well aware the problem we have with the press and how they are only too willing to paint us in a negative light but unfortunately we have many amongst us who give them plenty of ammo.....and then you have idiots on here trying to defend it.

Make up your mind gents......there’s no point in getting all precious about negative stories in the media if the mantra is f*ck the PC Brigade No One Likes Us We Don’t Care....

@Wang
It meaning
Anyone who wants to be offended will be, weather it’s a song, colour of children’s clothing, very few people are the same.
The jurno assumes that all Austrians are offended she has not spoken to one directly, she has made her mind up because she is, so they must be. The vast majority in Vienna has not heard the song or seen the footage.
As I say I’m not a fan of it.

How many fan's from different countries have we had in our city probably singing some forms of offensive song's, but have never heard them, or do we even really care . F.ck the scumbag media in this shitehole

The mhedia will have been in overdrive yesterday and again today finding anything remotely 'offensive ' to paint their usual picture of our fans.
Fck them and I hope the bears have a great day

As usual the ones being offended by our singing isn't the locals.......it's the wet wipes and haters.

I wouldn't worry about it.

This is litterly a song about shooting nazi planes down.

It's not gloryflying killing innocent people (unlike songs sung by fans of penn state fc).

For those who don't know their history.....Nazi's = bad!

Last edited:
As do I, but I don't think they fought so football fans could go over and rub their former enemies noses in it. Do You? There's freedom of speech, then there's being arrogant obnoxious fuckers.
And your using your freedom of speech but want others silenced. I repeat I’m not into singing it but others do.

All aboard the offended bus.

Dooodooodroo for a guy who served in the British Armed Services you are far too sensitive.

Might not be the most sensible song to sing, never sang it and never will, but drunk guys don’t normally do sensible. They are just a bunch of Bears following their team in Europe. Scumbags? Really?

The journalist is a shit stirring cow. What do you expect from that rhag.

The RAF from Bridgeton is the highlight of this thread. I'm sure to most Austrians, the song will be water aff a dugs back.

'Glorifying War' - Away you go!

I find it in very bad taste. There's absolutely no reason why they should be singing it, especially where they are. You could class it as antagonistic and disrespectful. As a veteran, I find anything that glorifies war, repulsive. I also find it abhorrent that drunken fukwits who haven't served continually sing it. Why?
The Austrian people are deeply embarrassed by what transpired, I found this out whilst in the forces. Staying at a family run lodge in Austria, whilst out there skiing. Old family portrait paintings up on the wall and all with the same tipex mark on a certain place on the males wearing suits. You can guess what it was covering. I asked the host why didn't he use paint to blend in, he simply said he was ashamed of what had happened but covering up and forgetting the past wasn't fair to all those who had died, on both sides.
To those that say that the song's not offensive, what if your family member died in one of those raids? Who make up the most casualties of war? Civillians. It's cringeworthy and shameful. How fucking dare they.
Are you a member of the white feather club

BANG, BANG, BANG'
Rangers fans filmed chanting offensive ’10 German Bombers’ song in Austria ahead of Rapid Vienna clash
Hundreds of fans can be seen standing in the street in the Austrian capital as the slur is belted out

VIDEO
By Alice Walker
12th December 2018, 10:44 pm
Updated: 12th December 2018, 10:51 pm

RANGERS fans have been filmed chanting an offensive '10 German Bombers' song in Austria ahead of their clash with Rapid Vienna.

Hundreds of fans can be seen standing in the street in the Austrian capital as the slur is belted out.

And they can be heard singing the words “The RAF from Bridgeton shot them down” and “bang, bang, bang” during the minute-and-a-half clip.

The footage which emerged on a Youtube page called Football Away Days shows supporters making reference to both First and Second World War.

It’s a chant which was strongly criticised after England fans were heard singing it during their match against Germany in Dortmund in March last year.
Gers fans chant the vile slur in Austria
A number England fans were banned by the FA after the 1-0 defeat.

Rangers fans in flight chaos after yobs are booted off plane at Glasgow Airport ahead of Rapid Vienna clash
FA chairman Greg Clarke branded the song “inappropriate, disrespectful and disappointing”.

It comes after we told how fans faced flight chaos after yobs were booted off a plane at Glasgow Airport.

Around 10,000 Gers fans are expected in Vienna for the Europa League group clash.

It emerged fans won't be able to use cash inside the Allianz Stadion.

Not one normally to complain about papers, but this?

Everyone is offended by everything in 2018.

Just another attack on football fans for being football fans. The Sun has been a million times more offensive to decency than Rangers supporters ever could be. They are a despicable, utterly reprehensible outlet who live in a glass house and shouldn't be throwing stones.

What u going to do about it then.. while these lads have spend hundreds going to watch there club your sitting in your basement on a laptop moaning about a song... bet your a laugh at the christmas work night out....

I run a donkey sanctuary and find your avatar repulsive,by sitting on it aiming a rifle,also makes the donkey a target by those you aim at and can't be nice for a donkey thinking it could get an RPG fired up it's arse at anytime because some twat decides he's John Wayne. You wouldn't jump in a taxi,exit at your destination and slap the driver on the arse.. That's what your doing with the donkey,donkey's have feelings too.

Repent for your sins and click the donate button.
https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/
I guess you missed the post where he said it was Photo-shopped?

Are you a member of the white feather club
What u going to do about it then.. while these lads have spend hundreds going to watch there club your sitting in your basement on a laptop moaning about a song... bet your a laugh at the christmas work night out....
How many tours/years service have you done for your country or did you just sit at home and moaning about the terrorists?

@Dooodooodrooo
You're wasting your time.

The white feather club is strong in here... away you go.. i koped a ban for saying it how i seen it.. im not going down that route with you lot.. away n throw shite at the moon...
Sorry I never quite caught that, how many tours/years of service?

Do normally get your kicks from calling ex servicemen who have seen things and done things that would make you look like a 2 year old child pissing their pants, members of the white feather club?

It's people like you that make me sick in the stomach.

The song is moronic but it’s always amazing the selective bouts of deafness these journalists always seem to suffer whenever the Celtic knew apologists are in town.

Sorry I never quite caught that, how many tours/years of service?

Do normally get your kicks from calling ex servicemen who have seen things and done things that would make you look like a 2 year old child pissing their pants, members of the white feather club?

It's people like you that make me sick in the stomach.
As i said im not going down that route with you lot.. im not one for telling my life story on a open social media platform either.. so you keep guessing about me and my past....so as ive said just keep throwing shite at the moon...

FFS what's the world coming to when 10 german bombers is deemed offensive . Personally i do not like the song as it goes on too long and is boring as f uck but to me the only people who find this song offensive are f ucking idiots and nazis. P.C brigade at it's finest

Back