Naismith Reception

Don’t like booing players who did what they two did for us

But I did today

Made me feel uneasy

But they let us down when we really did need them

Wallace stood by his team as did Steve Davis

All they had to do was sign a contract so we could at least get a couple of bob

Did he? My memory was that he refused to TUPE over, just like Naismith, Shagger et al, but after signing for Southampton, Southampton and Rangers came to an agreement for money to change hands in exchange for Rangers dropping any objection over the player's transfer clearance. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

I thought generally that, with the hindsight Green and Ahmed were crooks, Shagger, Davis and Lafferty got a pass for at least going quietly, whereas Naismith and Whittaker are rightly still singled out for that press conference they gave.

The first team players to actually TUPE over were Alexander, Wallace ,Edu, Goian, the US captain whose name escapes me, Jig, and Little. Frankly, IMO, only three of them could actually be considered as doing it out of total loyalty, Alexander, Edu and Wallace would easily have found someone to match their wages and give them a big signing on fee. Edu pretty much cost himself 300k by TUPEing over.

He’s not even done anything since his return to Scottish football.
Lafferty has looked better.
We won’t regret this one, his careers done.
I he could score a game winning hat trick against the mhanks next time the Farts play them he might endear himself to the support .

He was virtually warming up on the pitch such was his desperation to stay as far away from the Broomloan as possible :D

He was warming up on the pitch at times, I was sat looking along the goal line and had a wee chuckle to myself at him trying to get as far away as possible from the UB:D

Did he? My memory was that he refused to TUPE over, just like Naismith, Shagger et al, but after signing for Southampton, Southampton and Rangers came to an agreement for money to change hands in exchange for Rangers dropping any objection over the player's transfer clearance. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

I thought generally that, with the hindsight Green and Ahmed were crooks, Shagger, Davis and Lafferty got a pass for at least going quietly, whereas Naismith and Whittaker are rightly still singled out for that press conference they gave.

The first team players to actually TUPE over were Alexander, Wallace ,Edu, Goian, the US captain whose name escapes me, Jig, and Little. Frankly, IMO, only three of them could actually be considered as doing it out of total loyalty, Alexander, Edu and Wallace would easily have found someone to match their wages and give them a big signing on fee. Edu pretty much cost himself 300k by TUPEing over.
Bocanegra

I'm glad the support let him know how we feel.
He does not come across as a thick lady's front bottom so why he thought the statement was a good idea will always be a mystery.

I was going to say “a regular poster who I generally agree with” but couldn’t think who it was. But your right it was you. The AV reminds me now.

Yeah must admit mate, I was surprised, as anyone Id spoken to wanted him back.

I’m really pleased we didn’t sign him though. If the reports about Murty being the one to stop it, then he deserves praise.

Yeah must admit mate, I was surprised, as anyone Id spoken to wanted him back.

I’m really pleased we didn’t sign him though. If the reports about Murty being the one to stop it, then he deserves praise.

At the time me I was willing to swallow my pride and accept him back but never saw our front floor clicking like they have so happy murty over ruled the drama queens like me! :D

Davis slipped out the back door with the rest of them. Phuck the lot of them

Not exactly true.

If it wasn’t for the corrupt SFA, then as per Davis’ wishes, we would have got the £800k transfer fee.

I don’t remember Davis acting like a (unt on the way out either.

As many, many others have said on this thread; the ire directed at Naismith isn’t for leaving us. Many did that. They were entitled to leave and entitled to take advantage of the situation to gain financial certainty, and in some cases to increase their earning potential as a result of being free.

They’re professionals, we can’t really criticise them for looking at it as a professional decision.

But Naismith and Whittaker went out of their way to kick us whilst we were down. There was no benefit to them in doing what they did.

One guy near me made a very deliberate show of clapping him and saying “you cannae blame him, he didnae like Green”. Revisionist bullshit. Naismith stuck two fingers up at us and our Club. He deserves all the boos he gets.

I beleive he was badly advised by the agent.. He was still quite a young boy, and as i say, he is not the brightest. That is not an excuse. Just a fact he would have said anything at the time being he not being that clever.

He was 26 in 2012 .

It wasn’t a heat of the moment utterance , he had time to think about what he was going to say .

Even after the event , had he apologised a few weeks later and explained why he said what he did , he’d probably be forgiven by the majority .

He waited 6 years to apologise only because he wanted back to Scotland . He was taking the piss again and I’m glad the club have said no to the Judas rat bastard .

Really annoys me how people dismiss Jig staying.

I had some dealings with him around that time and he had a few offers.

He deserves credit. Nailed his colours to the mast, along with Wallace, very early on and we needed that.

Also, the Americans cost Rangers money to go.

I beleive he was badly advised by the agent.. He was still quite a young boy, and as i say, he is not the brightest. That is not an excuse. Just a fact he would have said anything at the time being he not being that clever.

He surely would have gotten rid of his schummy agent then? Did he ? if not there's your answer.

At the time me I was willing to swallow my pride and accept him back but never saw our front floor clicking like they have so happy murty over ruled the drama queens like me! :D

Haha agreed. Tbh I didn’t expect us to do the business we did in January. My thinking was that we wouldn’t have had the Chance of getting someone of his quality in. Delighted it didn’t work out that way.

He had to leave for his own career, we all would have understood that, but the manner of his departure was ill advised at best. It wasn’t called for and hurt a lot of people. He deserves everything that comes his way, but so does his agent who could have worded his your no Rangers anymore pish. I love my team and moving forward is the only thing that matters. We are now looking lik

Not exactly true.

If it wasn’t for the corrupt SFA, then as per Davis’ wishes, we would have got the £800k transfer fee.

You really think that Davis had anything to do with Southampton paying a fee?

He was the Rangers captain who phucked off without a whimper.

He’s made his bed, he can lie in it, regardless of his footballing ability.

I am more than happy to go with the squad of players we have who actually want to be here.

He came on and looked a shadow of his former self, which was very pleasing, see why Murty/Allen didn't consider him in January.

The reception he received was fully deserved and the message was clear... not welcome!

I can only think the reason Lafferty was booed was because of the build up in the press. I can't remember him being booed at Murrayfield?
Naismith was always going to get it tight, I actually felt quite sorry for him even though he is a gobshite wee dick.

Our fans have selective memory syndrome

I didn’t boo Naismith as tbh I’m just happy to put the past 6 years behind us and there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel now so the events of the players in the past no longer get me annoyed.

However, I find it weird Lafferty and Naismith got booed yet Gough and Walter get an open arms welcome despite them both making similar comments.

Also, given the money McCoist took off us for doing nothing, he’ll likely get a great reception at the legends match.

As I say, selective syndrome by our support

At FT he solitarily matched up to the hearts support. Took his top off and gave it to a watery farts supporter.

Nice move. But he was roundly booed by the Broomie and Govan Front.

I wouldn't have done that to him.

As he was walking back.... he turned and beat his chest at the crest.

We really do have a strange support at times, can't remember the big lad ever doing anything to upset us, but if you come to Ibrox and do that kind of thing, it's to be expected I suppose. As for Judas, he deserved what he had coming to him.

Last edited:
We really do have a strange support at times, can't remember the big lad ever doing anything to upset us. As for Judas, he deserved what he had coming to him.

True.

Bizarre herd like behaviour.

The booing was mostly from the Broomie. Day trippers I would imagine.... perhaps they just seen a hearts player and not big kLaff.

I love him TBH. :)

We all know why Naismith got it , agree or disagree.

As others have said r.e Lafferty ,not sure why he was given the treatment.

True.

Bizarre herd like behaviour.

The booing was mostly from the Broomie. Day trippers I would imagine.... perhaps they just seen a hearts player and not big kLaff.

I love him TBH. :)

Day trippers, that's one way of putting it, goodness I have sat beside a few of them. Hearts in the right place, but some think they have a god damn right to have a go at anyone that they have read about on here in a negative way. And it does't stop at away players etc, but like I said, their hearts in the right place, just think sometimes they should understand a situation better, before they react. Some are more deserving than others.

Day trippers, that's one way of putting it, goodness I have sat beside a few of them. Hearts in the right place, but some think they have a god damn right to have a go at anyone that they have read about on here in a negative way. And it does't stop at away players etc, but like I said, their hearts in the right place, just think sometimes they should understand a situation better, before they react. Some are more deserving than others.
You get them where I sit in the main rear, usually pushed up screaming abuse at everything that moves. To say they get excited is an understatement.

Really do not understand the booing of Lafferty. If Kenny Miller had come on as a sub the same people would have applauded him. Yet Miller did much worse than Lafferty?

Don’t like booing players who did what they two did for us

But I did today

Made me feel uneasy

But they let us down when we really did need them

Wallace stood by his team as did Steve Davis

All they had to do was sign a contract so we could at least get a couple of bob

Davis did not stand by us!
He left like the rest. Southampton decided to do the decent thing, not Davis!

Davis did not stand by us!
He left like the rest. Southampton decided to do the decent thing, not Davis!
Davis didn't bad mouth the club though. Naismith and Whittaker went down a road they had no reason to, if they wanted to slaughter the regime then fair game not the club. And I'm not buying the rabbit in headlights nonsense they have agents to steer them right.

Once his career ends he will sit back and go over it all and the thing he will remember first is the utter garbage that spilled out his mouth that day. Foolish boy.

Shame but he made his bed.

others left, they were legally able to and managed to make fortunes. Disappointing but not unexpected.

I’m not one to hold grudges... generally. That bloody press conference though, he was one of us and he damn well should have known what he was doing to us.

My dislike of Naismith vastly outstrips my dislike of Whittaker because Naismith was a hero of mine.

F*cking traitorous ba$tard.

Never fails to amaze me what players will get away with and be pinned on big,bad agents

It was the press conference then the numerous attempts to defend himself until the penny finally dropped with him.

Whittaker wasn't one of us, Naismith was.

Time is a healer for the likes of Lafferty, McGregor, Davis, Fleck etc but Naismith did the unthinkable.

Also, Lafferty didn't celebrate when scored against us earlier in the season, had Naismith scored he'd have done an Adebayor no doubt. That''s the difference for me.

Back