‘Caledonia’ Song

It is a cracker of a song and tbh I hope it stays and becomes a proper anthem for us

I honestly struggle to see what joy some people on this forum have at any point in their lives. Moaning about literally everything. Must be exhausting
It's got no mention of Celtic. Bobby Sands, the Pope or the IRA in it so much of our ultra staunch will simply refuse to embrace it.

You know what was also brutal.

Tavenier , Hagi, Kemar Roofe and Bassey... Playing in royal blue, putting on a show for you....

An ABBA song ffs, thank fúck that's been shelved.
Er. It's not an Abba song but feel free to put forward your own.

Saying it’s “Nationalist” because it’s a song (with completely different lyrics) to the tune of Caledonia….its a bit like saying Fathers Advice is Republican.

For what it’s worth I don’t see what about the lyrics of the song “Caledonia” is objectionable generally.

Now the guy who wrote it might be a separatist but the song is just a song about Scotland.

Theres no lyric that says “see you Jimmy let’s vote SNP and disolve the Union” or such

Saying it’s “Nationalist” because it’s a song (with completely different lyrics) to the tune of Caledonia….its a bit like saying Fathers Advice is Republican.

For what it’s worth I don’t see what about the lyrics of the song “Caledonia” is objectionable generally.

Now the guy who wrote it might be a separatist but the song is just a song about Scotland.

Theres no lyric that says “see you Jimmy let’s vote SNP and disolve the Union” or such
You're right with first sentence but it does sound like we're singing Caledonia though.
It was sung rather well tonight though but it's not really a fires you up tune is it?More a weepy ballad.

You're right with first sentence but it does sound like we're singing Caledonia though.
It was sung rather well tonight though but it's not really a fires you up tune is it?More a weepy ballad.

I agree it doesn’t particularly inspire, it’s slow an insipid but it will never catch on so it’s probably not worth people getting upset about.

Incidentally, I feel the same way about that slower Derrys Walls they sometimes do that you also ocassionally see this forum clamour for.

I don’t get it at all - it’s not a patch on the blood and thunder Derrys Walls that would boom out on a big European night

I agree it doesn’t particularly inspire, it’s slow an insipid but it will never catch on so it’s probably not worth people getting upset about.

Incidentally, I feel the same way about that slower Derrys Walls they sometimes do that you also ocassionally see this forum clamour for.

I don’t get it at all - it’s not a patch on the blood and thunder Derrys Walls that would boom out on a big European night
Yeah the "Amazing Grace" version is awful.
Tell you what I'd love to hear,the UBs singing the verses of Rule Britannia and everyone joining in at the chorus?

Yeah the "Amazing Grace" version is awful.
Tell you what I'd love to hear,the UBs singing the verses of Rule Britannia and everyone joining in at the chorus?

The verses of Rule Britannia?

“Thee haughty tyrants ne’er shall tame,
All their attempts to bend thee down,
Will but arouse, arouse thy generous flame,
But work their woe and thy reknown

I think you might need to give out some lyrics sheets for that one :D

200w.gif

I think as a football song it’s a wee bit too wordy to catch on with the wider support and again…the UB lads will disagree but it’s also sung at too fast a tempo. Just my opinion.

Some People in here whine and whinge that not enough Rangers songs are sung by the UB’s.they starts singing one (a song that has been around for some time) and people want it binned.personally I love the song at it got me through many dark times from 2012.
You couldn’t write it, people want them to sing “Rangers” songs more and they do that yet are then criticised.

Waving the national flag isn't comparable at all to singing a particular song.
The UB’s are not singing the lyrics of Caledonia and quite frankly the words to Caledonia aren’t really Nationalistic either.over the years I have heard Loyalist Flute bands play tunes that were originally Irish rebel songs.

The UB’s are not singing the lyrics of Caledonia and quite frankly the words to Caledonia aren’t really Nationalistic either.over the years I have heard Loyalist Flute bands play tunes that were originally Irish rebel songs.
I know this, I'm just making a point I guess, of all the tens of thousands of songs to choose from, they pick Caledonia.

Spot on, unfortunately we have utter moonrockets in our support that equate anything Scottish, including the Saltire to be Nationalist.

The comments on here show how the club will NEVER ever have a real anthem played, sung and embraced before games as we have the most divisive fanbase in Great Britain.

Some People in here whine and whinge that not enough Rangers songs are sung by the UB’s.they starts singing one (a song that has been around for some time) and people want it binned.personally I love the song at it got me through many dark times from 2012.
I like it and, in particular, the way that several ex players are remembered throughout.

The more songs like that the better for me personally.

I like it and, in particular, the way that several ex players are remembered throughout.

The more songs like that the better for me personally.
I love the song personally as it brings back some fantastic memories with the lyrics but it’s also poignant with the line about “life without the rangers,it would make me more than sad” at times after 2012 there wasn’t a rangers fan anywhere who didn’t have that fear.

Back