‘Caledonia’ Song

Spot on, unfortunately we have utter moonrockets in our support that equate anything Scottish, including the Saltire to be Nationalist.

The comments on here show how the club will NEVER ever have a real anthem played, sung and embraced before games as we have the most divisive fanbase in Great Britain.
I have said it often be it pipe bands,highland dancing,tunes played by bands,flags carried.scots culture is celebrated more by the pul community in NI than by some of our support who live in Scotland

I’m beginning to think some people use Rangers as a vehicle to hate all things Irish,nationalist,republican and Catholic rather than the love of Rangers,our history,community,family tradition and identity.
Not sure what age you are but I support Rangers because it was drummed into me that we are the Protestant team and to hate everything to do with that mob.
Younger ones may well be different nowadays

Not sure what age you are but I support Rangers because it was drummed into me that we are the Protestant team and to hate everything to do with that mob.
Hating Celtic is one thing.
I despise the club and all it stands for.

However, equating anything Scottish as being Nationalist is every bit as moronic as the anglophobic Separatists that base their love of Scotland on their hatred of England.

Yeah the "Amazing Grace" version is awful.
Tell you what I'd love to hear,the UBs singing the verses of Rule Britannia and everyone joining in at the chorus?
It’s a game of football, not last night of the proms. This is up there with someone on here who wanted the national anthem sung at regular intervals. I’m as proudly British as the next man but stuff like this just won’t ever happen.

It is a cracker of a song and tbh I hope it stays and becomes a proper anthem for us

I honestly struggle to see what joy some people on this forum have at any point in their lives. Moaning about literally everything. Must be exhausting
It never surprises me! This song is a belter, I even had some around me in Govan rear clapping away to it last night.

Why people moan about it I'm fecked if I know, it may just be an involuntary reaction they have.

The comments about it being written by a Nat :D :D Give me strength :)

53.Love of Rangers was drummed into me.And being a Church going Protestant I was taught to be respectful,loving,kind and reverent to my God and others.
I dislike that mob intensely.

Reactions: wpj
Some suggesting it's sung too fast others it's too slow and dull :)

I know it not Caledonia that being sung, but the original just reminds me of funeral music now.
Hardly upbeat to get the crowd going.
Get Abba back :)

I think its a great song. You have to give the UBs for trying to come up with new tunes.

Really wish they'd come up with a different version of super Trouper it was class original and everyone except a handful loved it.

Maybe use our legends names instead of guys who will be out the door in a year.

Super Cooper to start it off Laudrup gazza and mcoist in it somewhere

@Broomloan

It’s possible to like the Rangers lyrics while hating the tune. After all, ‘Caledonia’ is a song so twee and irritating it could take a unicycle to a cafe in Byres Road for an iced coffee.

And if you absolutely hate the original, which everyone with functioning ears likely does, it’ll probably prejudice your opinion of it.

It is a cracker of a song and tbh I hope it stays and becomes a proper anthem for us

I honestly struggle to see what joy some people on this forum have at any point in their lives. Moaning about literally everything. Must be exhausting
I get the impression there are a lot on here that don’t even enjoy football anymore. Just follow Rangers through habit but get no joy from football.

You know what was also brutal.

Tavenier , Hagi, Kemar Roofe and Bassey... Playing in royal blue, putting on a show for you....

An ABBA song ffs, thank fúck that's been shelved.
8f4ad46852009599ea758156774d5ef8c8da9a59.gif

I get the impression there are a lot on here that don’t even enjoy football anymore. Just follow Rangers through habit but get no joy from football.
There is a big chunk of our own and the scums support who dont even like football.

They go because they hate the otherside more than they love there own. The type that talk absolute shite and only pay attention when the balls in the net.

It’s possible to like the Rangers lyrics while hating the tune. After all, ‘Caledonia’ is a song so twee and irritating it could take a unicycle to a cafe in Byres Road for an iced coffee.

And if you absolutely hate the original, which everyone with functioning ears likely does, it’ll probably prejudice your opinion of it.
Aye but you know nothing about music :p
It’s supposed to be twee and sentimental, as for some of the stuff you like , Jesus.

Really wish they'd come up with a different version of super Trouper it was class original and everyone except a handful loved it.

Maybe use our legends names instead of guys who will be out the door in a year.

Super Cooper to start it off Laudrup gazza and mcoist in it somewhere

@Broomloan
I'd like Mikhailichenko to be included please.

Back