“ 6000 seats still available for the club deck”

Recall there being “uproar” according to the Sunday Mail when the Premier Club was introduced to the Govan Stand in 1987. Basically prices were put up and patrons I believe got a tie and priority access to the Edmonton Club

I've seen this bond concept banded about on here, but I've never looked into exactly what it was. Obviously bears sunk a lot of money into it, but what was the purpose?

I've seen this bond concept banded about on here, but I've never looked into exactly what it was. Obviously bears sunk a lot of money into it, but what was the purpose?
I never had one but as far as i remember it was a load of rubbish , i think you basically paid through the nose to guarantee your seat for 25 years when you got the chance to renew it every year anyway !

I never had one but as far as i remember it was a load of rubbish , i think you basically paid through the nose to guarantee your seat for 25 years when you got the chance to renew it every year anyway !

Load of rubbish in your opinion but for a lot of fans it was a way to invest money into the club to help modernise Ibrox & in turn have a sentimental attachment which has now been lost. To a lot of fans that meant something.

It wasn’t about having a re-sellable asset but was more an emotional investment for a lot of fans who were in a position to put some extra cash the clubs way.

Last edited:
Load of rubbish in your opinion but for a lot of fans it was a way to invest money into the club to help modernise Ibrox & in turn have a sentimental attachment which has now been lost. To a lot og fans that meant something.

It wasn’t about having a re-sellable asset but was more an emotional investment for a lot of fans who were in a position to put some extra cash the clubs way.
What was the deal with the thing he brought out for the rest of the stadium?
I didn't do it but a lot of the guys beside me did.Im sure you paid your season ticket up front for 2 seasons and you got your name on your seat and few other things.

What did the bond get you?

Basically first dibs at buying that seat for any event at Ibrox. At the time concerts were regularly held and this was to be included in the debenture offer. It is still in use at Murrayfield and the Hampden main stand, mainly corporate take up. Not aware of any similar schemes at football clubs but that may have changed down South. At the time it felt like they were squeezing the pips out of us.

Biggest disappointment for me was the angle of the newly all-seated enclosure that was advertised (I also remember a model of the proposal), turned out to be very different to what we ended up with. It was shown as a virtually a continuation of the main stand gradient, down to pitch side, but we ended up with the existing terracing being seated with large columns at the back.

Basically first dibs at buying that seat for any event at Ibrox. At the time concerts were regularly held and this was to be included in the debenture offer. It is still in use at Murrayfield and the Hampden main stand, mainly corporate take up. Not aware of any similar schemes at football clubs but that may have changed down South. At the time it felt like they were squeezing the pips out of us.

Biggest disappointment for me was the angle of the newly all-seated enclosure that was advertised (I also remember a model of the proposal), turned out to be very different to what we ended up with. It was shown as a virtually a continuation of the main stand gradient, down to pitch side, but we ended up with the existing terracing being seated with large columns at the back.

they defo f**cked it up but it wasn’t the existing terracing that was seated, it was built from scratch believe it or not

I didn't do it but a lot of the guys beside me did.Im sure you paid your season ticket up front for 2 seasons and you got your name on your seat and few other things.
Ready for the future?

Ready for Future/Blue Heaven 1995

25 year you were guaranteed your seat for also had benefits along with it like discounts on the cub shop etc plus your name on your seat for £399

in the mid 2000s they came up with another plan - 3 year season ticket basically you own season ticket with a slight discount on it if you paid up front the 3 years i.e £500 a year it could get it for £1350 for the 3 years

in the mid 2000s they came up with another plan - 3 year season ticket basically you own season ticket with a slight discount on it if you paid up front the 3 years i.e £500 a year it could get it for £1350 for the 3 years

That was the first indication we were up shit creek financially. Pretty sure people got stung for their money when we went into administration and they didn't honour the multi year season tickets.

25 year you were guaranteed your seat for also had benefits along with it like discounts on the cub shop etc plus your name on your seat for £399

I was only 8-9 back then but I’d be quite happy if that idea was ever re-introduced both my dad and his dad had bonds back in the day.

they defo f**cked it up but it wasn’t the existing terracing that was seated, it was built from scratch believe it or not

Correct both enclosure were completely rebuilt from scratch

West Enclosure started in January 1994 which part of it was ready towards the end of the season for use while the East Enclosure was done after Celtic April 1994 game in time for the new season

It’s very complicated not entirely sure that Mr Murray can be blamed at the point for its introduction to what happened 20 years later ?
The bonds became worthless after the events of 2012.

I don't want to derail your thread so I'll leave it to individuals to decide for themselves who is to blame.

Image not showing properly on my phone. Cheers anyway.

No problems maybe
Not blaming Murray mate, blaming whoever organised the insolvency event

I agree just a few quoting “ yet another Murray exploit “ on the threads but on this occasion with the Rangers bond and seat for life you can see for example R B S and TSB two of the banks helping provide the credit opportunities.

And I think that’s where he was squeezed in the end by the banks too sell to Whyte and it’s just a sad sad story to what was a good thing at the time.

One thing I think you can say is that the prospectus over-sold the facilities subsequently on offer. The suggestion was that the catering would be like never seen before at a football ground

One thing I think you can say is that the prospectus over-sold the facilities subsequently on offer. The suggestion was that the catering would be like never seen before at a football ground

It probably looks like that now with everything at the moment looking so outdated but at the time the club deck facility’s really where that good would be interested if we did do a poll on that question ?

Its sickening reading these knowing how far we have fallen since. As i said before Murray had us running like a sweetie and we were a top class, well run club. Then his ego took over by chasing glory he couldnt afford and almost destroyed us.

Its sickening reading these knowing how far we have fallen since. As i said before Murray had us running like a sweetie and we were a top class, well run club. Then his ego took over by chasing glory he couldnt afford and almost destroyed us.

Again it’s such a mixed catalogue of events we are dealing with, at the time yes we where running like a sweetie and we where top class in every way.

Few complained and i think if we look at the global economy even up to a few years later it was difficult for David Murray to predict that his other steel buisness his main source of income would be affected to such a point that his hand would be forced to sell for a £1 like it was.

So I think the two periods in our clubs history although intwined with the same person at the helm are two completely difffrent circumstances in so many ways.

How about the other one he did, was it club europe or something like blue heaven. Pay double your season ticket money for one season and be given first option of that seat for 25 years(i think) then the guys in the Govan West Corner got turfed out for the away fans.

How about the other one he did, was it club europe or something like blue heaven. Pay double your season ticket money for one season and be given first option of that seat for 25 years(i think) then the guys in the Govan West Corner got turfed out for the away fans.

It was for 25 years OP, someone has said will send me a scan so will see if can get it loaded up on receipt, he told me it was personally signed by David Murray the certificate.

It was for 25 years OP, someone has said will send me a scan so will see if can get it loaded up on receipt, he told me it was personally signed by David Murray the certificate.
Was that the one for all the other stands, not the club deck you are talking about? I had the booklet for it for years. I am sure it was the start of the 8 in a row season, as my money got returned to me after Mr Hood decided i wasn't allowed to go that season.

Was that the one for all the other stands, not the club deck you are talking about? I had the booklet for it for years. I am sure it was the start of the 8 in a row season, as my money got returned to me after Mr Hood decided i wasn't allowed to go that season.

it will be Ready for Future/Blue Heaven, the corners weren't ready that the start of that but for 1996/97 season

Correct both enclosure were completely rebuilt from scratch

West Enclosure started in January 1994 which part of it was ready towards the end of the season for use while the East Enclosure was done after Celtic April 1994 game in time for the new season

Yep and got tickets for the Broomy for the Dundee match so it could be started.

Back